PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Negative Repping

8Marcus8
24-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Ok ok, this really gets to me, so as i am completely bored i have deicded to write a lengthy article on pointless negative repping! If you are not the person who likes people expressing there opinions or somebody who doesn't like reading long passages i suggest you refrain from reading because i am not liable for self harm.
There are many examples of totally pointless negative repping someone. I am gonna list every single one of them!
Example One: Your looking at an alt. You think 'gawd o blimy' that alt is terrible, i would want to shred it up into tiny pieces if it was on paper, i can't bare to look at it any longer! In fact you hate this alt so much you want to do something about it. Hmmm *strokes synthetic beard* what to do? There are two choices. You either click the post button and suggest improvements or offer to help them on their next alt (in hope that the next one wont be as hideous) or you could just negative rep them! Now which one of these is pointless? Yes your correct, choice 2! So why do some people choose choice 2! If you only negative rep them you can only hope that this persons alts will improve without any help at all! So you might as well give them some tips or postive rep them for a good try!

Example Two: Your reading something in the bobba section, or the debate forum. Something says 'i hate Jibbi BECAUSE blah blah blah'. Notice the because bit, they are not just saying they hate her, they are actually backing up there opinion, which in my eyes is ok. Now, yet again, you have 2 choices! *oooooh gets excited* ! Choice one is that you argue your points against them and get a friendly debate going. Or just because you dont like the views of another person you can negative rep them because you can't be bothered to write a lengthy post on why they are wrong. What one SHOULD you choose? *Ding* correct, choice ONE!!! Just because somebody is expressing their opinion and backing it up it doesn't have to be the same as yours, everbody has different views! Live with it! Now if the post just said I HATE JIBBI SHE IS A RUBBISH HM, then you can negative rep, because they are just saying it and not even prepared to back it up!

Example Three: Its a bright day your on the forums and decide to look at your sparkly reps in your user CP to see if you have any more! Shock horror somebody has given you a negative rep because you have done something extremely bad and this person is not standing for it (i.e. lieing). For the final time, lets hear the choices! You can either decide it was fair that they disagreed with you and try not to do it again. Or you can negative rep them back for no reason whatsoever and put in the comment box 'cos u negative repped me'. The wrong choice is number 2. Whats the point! Just because you have done a bad thing and got punished for it you dont need to punish that person back -for no reason- ! Its just totally twisted! So choose choice ONE!

I hope for those pointless negative rep awarders that have read this actually understand what i'm talking about. Sometimes your doing it for no reason at all! Now you can either rep me for how great my article or pointlessly decrease my rep because you cant be bothered to tell me why i am wrong! Or you could choose to ignore me all together. Just make sure the choice you make you can see is sesible!

Thanks to everyone who read this all through!
8Marcus8

* Edited by Janeh - This section is for complaining about habbohotel, please post in the correct section

Ichamael
25-01-2005, 04:50 PM
good point. especially the one about backing up opinions. for example if i was to say that people who have religion are actually just morons who are too weak to cope without a higher being to look up to (which they are) that would be backing up an opinion

8Marcus8
25-01-2005, 07:07 PM
yes if you back up your opinion and you are ready to hear the opinions of others then it's alright :D And i would be prepared to argue with the above point even though i aint a bible basher :p

AngJum
25-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Great post :) I think you deserve a rep for that

Ryan
25-01-2005, 07:20 PM
yeah does my head in ... someone positive repped me for no reason :'(

and for some reason im gettin alot of grey reps :s lol

8Marcus8
25-01-2005, 07:24 PM
yeah does my head in ... someone positive repped me for no reason :'(

and for some reason im gettin alot of grey reps :s lol

grey reps! :D *laughs* :D your user has some serious issues :p and thanks for the rep anj ;)

AngJum
25-01-2005, 07:27 PM
:o lol what's a "grey rep" Np Marc :) Hopefully
people like that will stop!

Ryan
25-01-2005, 07:30 PM
i think they are neutral 1ns coz my rep count doesnt change ... ive had like 5 now :s

8Marcus8
25-01-2005, 07:32 PM
your rep blok is red :o it says u have done naughty things in the past :p tut tut, and do u want me 2 bad rep you? it says so in ur signature :D

Kardan
25-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Grey blocks mean that that person has no rep power so it hs no effect so ppl with red blocks and there number of rep at 10 or below i think has no rep power.

I've had about 8 grey reps..... Like 1 from Ryan

8Marcus8
25-01-2005, 07:37 PM
guys guys can we stick to the topic please :D :p :D

Ryan
25-01-2005, 07:40 PM
ah rite sorry karden :(

http://img166.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img166&image=greyrep9vx.png

thats a grey rep

8Marcus8
25-01-2005, 07:51 PM
oooooooooh the greyness! And i negative repped you ryan because your signature said so! It wasn't pointless it was because...... um ....... :s ...... i just totally dont agree with you :p

Ryan
25-01-2005, 08:09 PM
lol cheers mate .... id rep you coz i loved ur post sooooooo much..... but it would b grey :s lol

8Marcus8
25-01-2005, 09:19 PM
i dont care :p i want grey reps now lmao

AngJum
25-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Err? :s I asked what a grey rep was but I'm confuzzled

GommeInc
25-01-2005, 10:42 PM
I Negatively Rep people who have in their signature 'Like My Post? Give me Some Rep Then!' I am not being forced by anyone just to give them rep and asking in big writing obviously deserves it.

I positively rep people who actually put some thought into what they wrote.

BlackGarden
26-01-2005, 11:48 AM
I disagree wit Rep points, because its just people disagreeing with your opinion. and everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.
Yeah, people shouldn't be able to rep people just because they disagree with them. If someone is blatantly being rude, then yes, go ahead and bad rep them. But if they politely state their opinion and back it up (or at least say that that's just their opinion and they know they can't back it up) then there's no reason to bad rep them just because you disagree. I think it should be compulsary to leave a reason for rep, and if someone has given a poor reason (like "OMG U R LYK SO RONG" or "I don't like your alt") or typed something incomprehensible in the "reason" box ("alkgjfad"), there should be a clear system in place that everyone can access to have that rep removed.

AngJum
26-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes, BlackGarden I agree

Ziabotsu
26-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I totally agree with you and blackgarden angjum/

8Marcus8
26-01-2005, 03:56 PM
guys we've got some good thoughts here :D keep them up!

AngJum
26-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah really good ideas :)

8Marcus8
26-01-2005, 06:40 PM
tehe ;) i lurv dis forum, u can express your opinions!

P@ND@
26-01-2005, 06:52 PM
grey reps! :D *laughs* :D your user has some serious issues :p and thanks for the rep anj ;)
Not his problem.
A mod but I think it will most likely be an admin has canceled that rep points because they foudn the comment written to it why the rep was giving wasn't worth a rep.
I find they are abusing that power since I got a compliment for the F-4 Phantomn alt whit Nets and it got canceled.

G-flow
26-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, i got a grey rep from you ryan :p

8Marcus8
26-01-2005, 08:14 PM
i got a grey rep from him too! He is mad i tell you :p

Jacko2kn3
26-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Grey rep because he is a bad bad repped boy, his reps do nuthin' :p

8Marcus8
26-01-2005, 08:43 PM
somebody keeps repping me lol now i got about 3 grey reps :s

Edit By Woodeh.: The thread is getting a bit off topic now. Stick to the topic or I'll have to use my 'Lock' button ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!