PDA

View Full Version : Thorpe Park

AdamCookie!
14-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Wooo Im going to Thorpe Park for 3 days (5th, 6th and 7th July) for the first time ever!

Behkey
14-06-2006, 02:59 PM
3 days? Do you live far away from it then?

Hope you have fun :)

I've been there loads of times, its great.

AdamCookie!
14-06-2006, 04:16 PM
240 miles away :rolleyes:

cocaine
14-06-2006, 04:26 PM
woah thats like 3 hours away!

Flap
14-06-2006, 04:49 PM
3 days

lucky person xD

Alterate
16-06-2006, 02:58 PM
3 days 2 thorpe park? Its good but u don't need 3 days..

Flap
16-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I could still stay 3 days though.. ;p

Sabu
16-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Lucky! I went there yesterday (Thursday) with my school.

Went on Stealth & Colussus - both the most thrilling rides I've ever been on :D Collussus was the first time I've ever been on a rollercoaster that loops :) and Stealth gave me a headache, but was still the best!

Make sure you go on;

Stealth
Collussus
The Samurai
Rush
No Way Out

they were my favourites :p

AdamCookie!
16-06-2006, 08:30 PM
3 days is not too long, and not too short.

When I go to Alton Towers, I often stay for 2 nights/3 days soo!

I'll be going on everything I possibly can, im a rollercoaster/ride junkie. xD

Flap
17-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I never get to stop.. So when I go I go from the minute it opens to the minute it closes to get a good day

Halop
17-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Good park :)

B4C!
17-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I queued up for Stealth for 2 hours and got to the front of the queue..and it broke down!! I couldn't believe it. After all that waiting lol. So if you're visiting Thorpe Park, go on that ride first! Unless.. you are there for 3 days. Then you got all the time in the world!

Sabu
17-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I queued up for Stealth for 2 hours and got to the front of the queue..and it broke down!! I couldn't believe it. After all that waiting lol. So if you're visiting Thorpe Park, go on that ride first! Unless.. you are there for 3 days. Then you got all the time in the world!
I only had to wait for 10 - 15 mins :D And it was the 3rd from last ride I went on :)

AdamCookie!
17-06-2006, 06:40 PM

Then you would have been given exit passes, if that happens to me I will not move until I get at least 2 :)

JackBuddy
18-06-2006, 12:20 PM
X:/NOWAYOUT sucks! How can you say it was the best ride!?
Be sure to go on:
Rush
Slammer
Samurai
Stealth
Nemesis:Inferno
Colossus
Vortex
Detonator
and Tidal Wave.

B4C!
18-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Then you would have been given exit passes, if that happens to me I will not move until I get at least 2 :)
Lol. We were offered exit passes but it was just for that day and there was only half an hour left until the park closed so we ditched it lol.

JackBuddy
18-06-2006, 05:06 PM
If you are near the front of the queue, then you'll get a priority pass. (for a ride of thier choice)

AdamCookie!
18-06-2006, 05:13 PM
If you are near the front of the queue, then you'll get a priority pass. (for a ride of thier choice)

AKA exit passes, and if it was on Stealth then it would be for any 1.4 ride!

B4C!
18-06-2006, 05:43 PM
well like I said, it was just for that day :@ And with half an hour left, there wasn't much point. So when I go again, Stealth is the first ride i'm heading for before it brakes down! lol.
Someone lost their jumper whilst I was there :eusa_clap Big drop for that poor jumper lol.

AdamCookie!
18-06-2006, 05:57 PM
well like I said, it was just for that day :@ And with half an hour left, there wasn't much point. So when I go again, Stealth is the first ride i'm heading for before it brakes down! lol.
Someone lost their jumper whilst I was there :eusa_clap Big drop for that poor jumper lol.
Exit passes don't have a date on them, you should have took them :P

The only things that have dates on are shortcut passes you buy from a ticket booth.. Examples;

http://www.alpha-webhosting.com/Photo-0180.jpg
http://www.alpha-webhosting.com/Photo-0181.jpg

B4C!
18-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Dam! They told porkies to us then the dam staff lol. Should make a complaint shouldnt I :p

AdamCookie!
18-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Dam! They told porkies to us then the dam staff lol. Should make a complaint shouldnt I :p

No because the ride operators are told to tell you that, because it's not exactly fair on other guests if you use it on another day..

JackBuddy
19-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Priority passes do have dates on.
And by 'shortcut' you mean Fast-track. :P

AdamCookie!
19-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Priority passes do have dates on.
And by 'shortcut' you mean Fast-track. :P

Alton Towers exit passes do not have dates on, and at Alton they are called shortcut :D

Flap
19-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Didnt think they had dates on

JackBuddy
19-06-2006, 05:31 PM
That's Alton Towers for you! :P

AdamCookie!
19-06-2006, 05:40 PM
That's Alton Towers for you! :P

Alton Towers is simply the best though :P

Flap
20-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I know :rolleyes:

Mitch4?
23-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I like 4 and a half hours away :p But we went down on the friday. Stayed in hotel. Went to thopre park in morning, Done all rides by 4pm. Then drove home :P

AdamCookie!
23-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Stealth had a bit of a problem.. So it will be out of action for a while (Minimum 2 weeks, proberbly a few months though).

Heres what happened (Taken from TowersTimesForum.co.uk):

Stealth experienced a mechanical problem. The ride is currently unavailable. Intamin staff have been contacted and will correct the problem.

There was a technical problem with the launch. The As the train left the station there was a problem and the ride was E-Stopped. However by this point the train was nearing the end of the launch run. The brake fins raised and were hit by a moving part of the ride, which is not the train. The train then left the catch car and continued to make a normal circuit. However it did pass slowly over the top. Due to the E-Stop activation the train could not be moved from off-load to load and thus clear the off-load block. Therefore the train came to stop in waiting, and was evacuated.

The train was not ripped to pieces.

When Intamin staff have arrived there may be further information on how long the fix may take, but until then the park probably won't give any information.

JackBuddy
23-06-2006, 07:30 PM
The park will usually say when a ride will re-open.
There are THREE trains. (Two used at a time)
How do you know this is true? ;)

There's nothing on this on http://www.southparks.org/index.php

AdamCookie!
24-06-2006, 10:36 AM
There is, lol..
http://www.southparks.org/index.php?showtopic=8587&st=270

It's true, i've seen photos and Thorpe Park website says Stealth is unavaliable!

I know there are 3 trains, but Intermin and Thorpe Park staff have spent alot of time looking at the breakfins on the launch, im not sure if they are damaged or not.. Hopefully it will be open again soon, but Thorpe Park don't know when!

J0SH
24-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Tidal wave and Stealth owns.

Tidal wave is fun when it goes up slow and comes down really fast, and u get that feeling down bellow lol it tickles, then u get soaked its cool.

[N]
24-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Year 7s in my school went um 2 days ago and some people went on stealth and the thing what holds it some thing came out.. or something like that and they had to come back >>>>>>>>>> that way for saftey..

Soo.. .yeah

AdamCookie!
24-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't understand what your on about, coming back what way? :s

JackBuddy
17-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Click link, then scroll down, to see how much Thorpe Park has developed! Credit to Chrissy on the forum for the fancy comparison. :D http://www.southparks.org/index.php?showtopic=21&st=90

AdamCookie!
17-07-2006, 04:18 PM
WOAH!

I don't know why im saying that though, I hate the place.

JackBuddy
17-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Hate where, Thorpe Park?

AdamCookie!
17-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Hate where, Thorpe Park?

Correct.

JackBuddy
17-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Why?
And bloody hell, you are quick at replying!

AdamCookie!
17-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Why?
And bloody hell, you are quick at replying!

The staff are rude, nasty and abusive.
The queues are stupid lengths, nothing to keep you entertained in the queue lines.
Their rides always breakdown, and they NEVER seem to fix them quickly.

JackBuddy
17-07-2006, 04:34 PM
*EEK*
I STRONGLY disagree with some of those comments, I personally, think that staff at Thorpe Park are nicer than AT's. I'm not being biass because I goto Thorpe Park more but that's how I feel.

In the queues, they have TV's with most major ride.

And sometimes broken down rides, like Stealth, isn't their fault.
Don't you think that they want to get rides back up and running quickly? They wouldn't just leave their Icon coaster broken down all season.

AdamCookie!
17-07-2006, 04:42 PM
*EEK*
I STRONGLY disagree with some of those comments, I personally, think that staff at Thorpe Park are nicer than AT's. I'm not being biass because I goto Thorpe Park more but that's how I feel.

In the queues, they have TV's with most major ride.

And sometimes broken down rides, like Stealth, isn't their fault.
Don't you think that they want to get rides back up and running quickly? They wouldn't just leave their Icon coaster broken down all season.

Thorpe Park's staff:
X:\ No way out queue merging bloke: Tired, ratty and loud.. Heared him raise his voice at guests about petty things.

Thorpe Farm Train driver:
ABUSIVE. He told me to go **** myself, im lead to believe that he has been suspended.. Or at least thats what my letter from Tussauds said.

He kept shouting saying SHUT UP ITS MY TRAIN I DECIDE WHEN I LEAVE OR NOT, GET OFF THE PLATFORM.. WAIT FOR THE NEXT TRAIN and then what really annoyed me is my mum said something about it not been twenty 2, and he did the mouth thing with his hand.

Queue lines:
Wheres the TV's?

Breakdowns:
Point taken, but when 5 rides (Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, Tidal Wave, Slammer and X:\ No Way Out) breakdown and don't work for the rest of the day (4 hours) you can see why I was annoyed.

Nemesis broke down after 2 rides (Of both which I was on :P)
Tidal wave broke down about 2pm
Slammer about 2:15pm
X:\ Been very tempermental all day.
Stealth: We already know the reason why.

On a plus side though, Tussauds Shop staff knew what do so I could get my 20% discount with annual pass - Which is more than what can be said for AT staff!

JackBuddy
17-07-2006, 06:22 PM
You've got to remember that alot of Thorpe Park's rides can't really be seen anywhere else, Slammer is now the only S&S Sky Swat in the world, the same applies to rush, and that was a world's first.

And, on my vist I seem to remember seeing, Oblivion, RITA, AIR and Ripsaw down.

Plus, you gotta remember that they belong to the same company.

AdamCookie!
17-07-2006, 10:13 PM
You've got to remember that alot of Thorpe Park's rides can't really be seen anywhere else, Slammer is now the only S&S Sky Swat in the world, the same applies to rush, and that was a world's first.

And, on my vist I seem to remember seeing, Oblivion, RITA, AIR and Ripsaw down.

Plus, you gotta remember that they belong to the same company.

Yeah, im not slagging Thorpe Park off - I'm talking about the staff Tussauds employ.

Alton Towers has staff that are rude, but never have they been rude to me.

Rides breaking down is not the parks nor Tussauds fault, however it's the amount of time to resolve the problem(s) thats anoying.

Point taken with TP's rides, but remember Alton Towers has a fair few world firsts! (Oblivion, Air!)

yamiyugi111
17-07-2006, 10:31 PM
is
drayton-mannot-the-same?

JackBuddy
18-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, im not slagging Thorpe Park off - I'm talking about the staff Tussauds employ.

Alton Towers has staff that are rude, but never have they been rude to me.

Rides breaking down is not the parks nor Tussauds fault, however it's the amount of time to resolve the problem(s) thats anoying.

Point taken with TP's rides, but remember Alton Towers has a fair few world firsts! (Oblivion, Air!)

BUT! Oblivions been there for a good 6 years now! And air is in it's 4th season. ;)

But yeh, I see your point.

AdamCookie!
18-07-2006, 08:02 PM
BUT! Oblivions been there for a good 6 years now! And air is in it's 4th season. ;)

But yeh, I see your point.

Still internationally recognised as world firsts. :)

But then again, so is Colossus at Thorpe soo!

jordybumz!
18-07-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm going tomorrow :]

AdamCookie!
18-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm going tomorrow :]

Have fun!

JackBuddy
19-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Still internationally recognised as world firsts. :)

But then again, so is Colossus at Thorpe soo!

But there are more flyers and dive machines around now.

Mitch4?
19-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Alton towers staff are really friendly they most often come into work with costumes on, and when a ride breaks down. It's normally back on in about 5 minutes. And i visit the park around 8 times a year, 3 times already this year ;D And i've never seen a ride down all day. And all my about 40 times to Alton i've never seen a ride been down for a whole day

I've been to thorpe park once, and when a ride broke down, it was only for about 10 minutes the staff were really friendly And i don't see why you're slagging them off.

Yeah queues are long, but if you can't be bothered with them just don't go. Simple as,

Also there are alot of TV's at AT to keep you occupied in the queues, as well as magicians for the little kids and entertainers dressed as famous people. ( The best being ali g ) On ripsaw. He soaks you ;( LOL And i don't seem to get bored in at queues as i'm there with a friend and it's fun to watch peoples faces on the rides

JackBuddy
19-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Also, queues depend on when you go.

jordybumz!
19-07-2006, 08:50 PM
I went today. From 10.00-12.00 the queues were tiny, so I did all the big rides then. After lunchtime though, them same rides I'd queued 5 minutes for, went up to 60-90 minute queues.

-Soph-
19-07-2006, 09:30 PM
And all my about 40 times to Alton i've never seen a ride been down for a whole day

One day when I went, Rita, Corkscrew & spinball whizzer were down all day.
Maybe I just picked a bad day to go :P

Mitch4?
19-07-2006, 10:29 PM
One day when I went, Rita, Corkscrew & spinball whizzer were down all day.
Maybe I just picked a bad day to go :P

Lol thats bad, if 3 or more main rides are down (Cork***** is not counted as a main ride) Then alton towers gives you half/full price passes for next time

-Soph-
20-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Lol thats bad, if 3 or more main rides are down (Cork***** is not counted as a main ride) Then alton towers gives you half/full price passes for next time

Bah i'd been on them all before anyway,

I wanted to go on spinball whizzer again though =( its fun.
(it always breaks down.. First time i've seen it down for the whole day though)

Rita was down because they were replacing something on it (Can't remember what exactly, But it lanches it) & that announced, So I knew it would be down before I went, It was down for a week I think..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!