PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU like to type?

Neversoft
15-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I've noticed that some people always type words but spell them differently, its so god damn annoying. For example: They would type Yoo or Yew instead of You, Rawked instead of Rocked, Rawk instead of Rock, Lyke instead of Like, Lyked instead of Liked, Hawt instead of Hot, ETC. I see no point in it what-so-ever! Yet they call it 'slang' I still fail to see how you can use 'slang' by typing a word thats exactally the same length as the normal one anyway and in some cases the 'slang' word as they like to call it is even longer than the original. Whats the point in it? Really. You could type prefectly correct without people moaning and it would save you a couple of milliseconds due to the correct word being shorter than the 'slang' one. What are your views on this? Do you type like it, if so - why? I understand many of you will say Thats how they wan't to type so leave them alone but if you say that, I'm just going to ignore you. I'm not here for an argument, i'm here for an oppinion.

Placeeee
15-06-2006, 06:03 PM
i h8 pplz dat talk lyke dis

Charlie
15-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I do type like that sometimes, I say hawt and rawk. But i have no idea why, sometimes i'll say the proper word for it. I guess i do it out of habit from when i used slang and stuff.

Mr.Sam
15-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I touch type fast however i make typing errors usually :(

i hate people who type like a three year old;

yr lookin hawt tonite, init
lawl at you!

DaveTaylor
15-06-2006, 06:05 PM
i type properly, I hate people who are like "omzgzzzzzz!!!11!11111!" etc

WHANGFACE
15-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I type proeprly on forums and most of the time on Habbo. But on MSN I use a bit of slang but don't use things like LAWL!1¬!!!!

That word annoys me so much..

HUGECOOL
15-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Personally, I'd let go 2-3 net words go by. I'll even tolerate no capitalization. But it annoys me when people type like they're lobotomy patients gone wrong. Is it really that difficult to learn how to type properly? I'm just curious now. It's not that difficult, and you'll be doing both yourself a favor (not sounding like an idiot) and the Internet community a favor (faster intake of information).

Craig
15-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Nah I only ever type like this with proper grammer and proper punctuation.

James!
15-06-2006, 06:15 PM
My opinions match Fyta's, although I dislike people who use capital letters in the wrong places constantly.

I touch type and it's unusual for me to make smelling mpstakes, see what I did there, I'm so cool. :)

I hate people are try cloning noobs and speak like 'omgs that is so not nuw."

Rusteh
15-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I type differently at ALL times. I always use "u" or "you" on MSN, and yeah. I never use "r" and "are" though.

Tommo
15-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I try to type using proper grammar.

Nightrose
15-06-2006, 06:18 PM
i mostly touch type and i dont use the slang it annoys me and i sometimes find it hard to understand people, like when they leave out letters and stuff also i find it annoying when peole pur lyf for life etc

Grimmauld
15-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I try to use proper Grammar and sometimes I type " lyke dis n stoof " for the fun of it, but usually I don't. I don't mind people typing like that but I can never read what they're trying to say.

Crono
15-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I do when I'm joking around, but for the most part I type like someone with an education.

Smiddy
15-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I tend to use proper grammar, speech and spelling.

One thing more annoying than that is when people on MSN use custom emoticions for every letter. :rolleyes_

I may sometimes say "Yu" for You, or numbers instead of the letters. But that's about it unless i'm taking the mick.

Neversoft
15-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I will type use things like u and m8 when I'm joking around, but otherwise I like to type properly.

One thing more annoying than that is when people on MSN use custom emoticions for every letter. :rolleyes_

Crikey, that has to be the most annoying thing in the world. Luckily I deleted everyone on MSN who did it, now I haven't came across anyone that does it in a long time.

Mr.Sam
15-06-2006, 06:30 PM

I may sometimes say "Yu" for You, or numbers instead of the letters. But that's about it unless i'm taking the mick.

3rd'd thats the most annoying thing they type something and you haven't got a clue what there saying because you got this emotion waving at you.

Nightrose
15-06-2006, 06:30 PM

Thats so annoying u cant understand people, i hate people on Msn that use custom emoticions

Rawr
15-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Mainly in full english but sometimes I will shorten words or change the spelling it if looks hotter [hawter] ;p! :]

Neversoft
15-06-2006, 06:34 PM
3rd'd thats the most annoying thing they type something and you haven't got a clue what there saying because you got this emotion waving at you.

Hehe, They're* my good amigo.

Nightrose
15-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Mainly in full english but sometimes I will shorten words or change the spelling it if looks hotter [hawter] ;p! :]

same but i dont do it all the time, Like u said hawt etc and for you i put yew

Nick.
15-06-2006, 07:01 PM
If I'm feeling lazy I use U & R.

Hardly ever though.. I hate it when people do it to like take the mick, it's stupid. Like people will say Lawl.. or el oh el, it annoys me so much.

x

Wootzeh
15-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I speak 'perfectly' on the forum although on msn I tend to use some slang.

RedStratocas
15-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm trying not to say lol anymore because its getting rediculously overused. I just say Haha. I only used stuff like G2G or BRB when chatting, but nothing else really. I hate it when people spell a word differently for no reason. Saying 'kewl' instead of 'cool' actually takes longer to type, so what's the point?

Also, --tlking lyk dis tks lngr fo da prsn recvin da mssge to undastnd--, thus making the conversation longer.

I ESPECIALLY hate it when people talk like they do above, and add a million exclamation points to every sentence. "dats so funni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". They could have shortened that by typing 'That's so funny!'

Nixt
15-06-2006, 07:17 PM
I type normal... like this. Before I did, I would get into a nasty habit of writing in slang when doing homework :o

Nixt
15-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I speak 'prefectly' on the forum although on msn I tend to use some slang.
I spot a spelling Mistake! :o:P

Tash.
15-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll talk normally most of the time, it depends who i'm talking to really. When I talk to certain people off here, we take the micky out of the slang. Although I do use the word hawt and rawk but its not a major offence :P

-:Undertaker:-
15-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I've noticed that some people always type words but spell them differently, its so god damn annoying. For example: They would type Yoo or Yew instead of You, Rawked instead of Rocked, Rawk instead of Rock, Lyke instead of Like, Lyked instead of Liked, Hawt instead of Hot, ETC. I see no point in it what-so-ever! Yet they call it 'slang' I still fail to see how you can use 'slang' by typing a word thats exactally the same length as the normal one anyway and in some cases the 'slang' word as they like to call it is even longer than the original. Whats the point in it? Really. You could type prefectly correct without people moaning and it would save you a couple of milliseconds due to the correct word being shorter than the 'slang' one. What are your views on this? Do you type like it, if so - why? I understand many of you will say Thats how they wan't to type so leave them alone but if you say that, I'm just going to ignore you. I'm not here for an argument, i'm here for an oppinion.

Ive been thinking that for days lol :P

Wootzeh
15-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I spot a spelling Mistake! :o:P
I don't :8

jordybumz!
15-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I always spell right, but if I can't be bothered I don't capitalize.

Lawl and rawk are like girl words that are meant to sound cute, right?

Adam$
15-06-2006, 08:20 PM
I think I use correct grammar, besides some spelling/grammar mistakes, or typos.

I mean, I say "Lol." or "Brb" and things, and occasionally shorten words on MSN, but I don't use words like "lyke" or "rawk" or "hawt" or stuff like that.

ilovejordan
15-06-2006, 08:21 PM
I think I use correct grammar, besides some spelling/grammar mistakes, or typos.

I mean, I say "Lol." or "Brb" and things, and occasionally shorten words on MSN, but I don't use words like "lyke" or "rawk" or "hawt" or stuff like that.

^_^ same

issaa
15-06-2006, 08:33 PM
i don't use capital letters really much. i dont typ lyk dis doe unless im taking the pee really.

Wayne
15-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I type formally, with full stops and commas etc, but I sometimes mess about on MSN with my mate and start talking in that voice like, 'OMG U ALR33T?' etc.

Halting
15-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I will say 'lyk' occasionally but thats only taking the **** outa those who do it for real.

I sya el oh el instead of lol too, but again, only occasionally.
I hate people who say
'Hai'
'Kai'

Not mentioning any names ;)

-Atreyu
15-06-2006, 08:38 PM
On forums and runescape i use proper typing but when i'm on msn i use txt talk all the time.

Halting
15-06-2006, 08:41 PM
On MSN when I'm talking to my friends I will use grammar but will probably lag on the capitals.

aka
instead of:-
He's called Oli and his name is Oli

it would probably be
he's called oli and his name is oli

on Habbo I do the same.

Axel
15-06-2006, 08:44 PM
I only ever type like this with proper grammer and proper punctuation.

KwikSave
15-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I type normally, but it gets annoying when people that use text speech type like this :

hey r u goin 2 twn 2day wif da homies we is gona gt stoned init!1!11

But i dont really mind people who type like 'Hawt' and 'Rawk' for some reason lol. Everyone has different opinions i suppose.

Halting
15-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Lmao at your example.
I J'ai Deteste people who go like this:
Hi How Are You Are You Ok Yeah I'm Fine Thanks So What You Been Up To Just Been Getting Stoaned.

jordybumz!
15-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Oh I Hate People That Type With Capitals At The Beginning of Everything. It Takes SO Much Longer To Read.

alexxxxx
15-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I h8 pplz hu speek lyke dis nd I h8 pplz like dat.

I prefer people who speak properly, like this.

camera
15-06-2006, 09:09 PM
urm lmao.. depends on my mood rly. when im with lana & stace, i'll be a zedder. when im just normal, i'll type normally like i do now. when im hyper, all caps and some typo coz i suck ;]

Neversoft
15-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm trying not to say lol anymore because its getting rediculously overused. I just say Haha. I only used stuff like G2G or BRB when chatting, but nothing else really. I hate it when people spell a word differently for no reason. Saying 'kewl' instead of 'cool' actually takes longer to type, so what's the point?

Also, --tlking lyk dis tks lngr fo da prsn recvin da mssge to undastnd--, thus making the conversation longer.

I ESPECIALLY hate it when people talk like they do above, and add a million exclamation points to every sentence. "dats so funni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". They could have shortened that by typing 'That's so funny!'

I used to say 'Lol' quite alot but I never say it anymore, By say I mean type.

alexxxxx
15-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I used to say 'Lol' quite alot but I never say it anymore, By say I mean type.

Imagine if you actually went around saying lol.

friend: *says funny joke*

you: lol

friend: what the hell!?

Mr.Kylee
15-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I try to type out full words basically? as correctly as possible since my first language isn't english, I sometimes do spelling mistakes :p I try my best though.

and yeah, it's pretty annoying ''LOLZ OMG0RZ THATZ SO LYKE L33T''

:)
15-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I hate it when people use "text speak" and type with All Caps Like This.

I try to spell my best, and I prefer it when others do it :)

louder
15-06-2006, 09:56 PM
I speak in proper english with a few slang words like pls and fnx.

Adam$
15-06-2006, 09:56 PM
I hate it when people use "text speak" and type with All Caps Like This.

I try to spell my best, and I prefer it when others do it :)
OR WHEN THEY TYPE IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS.

0R WH3N TH3Y TYP3 1N 1337 SP33K.

Smiddy
15-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Another example of MSN language
"lol thts wll fnny m8 lol"
That could easily be changed into..
"Haha, that's a good joke; it made me chuckle."

I also use "Hehe" or "Haha" instead of "lol / lmao / rofl", on the forum i'll just use :Sign10: or Haha. ;)

FlyingJesus
15-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I just find it easier to type properly, I've been doing it so long.. I have to actually stop and think when writing in chat/text speak. The only abbreviation I use is "Brb", because if I'm using it I'm generally already out of my chair going somewhere (like the fridge).

Interesting how two people so far have said they use correct grammar and spelling, only to have spelt "grammar" with an "e" :P

It doesn't actually bother me how people type though, I can read it fine however it's done. The only one that does get on my nerves a bit is when people Capitalise Every Word For Some Reason, I Guess It Makes You Look Sophisticated.

Oracle:
15-06-2006, 11:34 PM
I almost always use correct grammar and punctuation, one of the main reasons my mum was a typist and she taught me how to type back in the days of typewriters. I actually find it easier to type correctly as my hand is in the position of the words. While if I have to move around to talk in 'leet' speak or whatever it is called I find it harder.

People who talk in 'leet' speak don't actually bother me as I tend to ignore the ones who do this.

Mentor
15-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I type a mix of slang and normal, with my automatic misspellings and ainti-punctuation thrown in on top :D

.Lynn
15-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I sometimes say "u" instead of you, thats all I really do.

Uwe
16-06-2006, 12:02 AM
I always type correctly - although my spellings ALWAYS off...

Juicette
16-06-2006, 12:14 AM
OR WHEN THEY TYPE IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS.

0R WH3N TH3Y TYP3 1N 1337 SP33K.

Ikes. I totally agree. It's very annoying. When people say that I'd do "what?"

It's also annoying when people say LOL or SOZ constantly (even though I used to do that for no reason), or like pmsl or rofl when nothing is funny. Or like when people just reply to your messages or something with :P or :D or .... Oh yeah it's also annoying when people do so many periods and exclamation marks, like "............................" or "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "?????????????????". It's also annoying when they put an exclamation mark on another line! Like we already know you're asking a question. Eek and it's annoying when people say Yuh, Yew, Yu, or Yoo. Ee, it's annoying. Oh yes, or LYKE. Also how people type 'gangster-like', like for example "whateva" "waddup". Also how people say wat or wot. IT ANNOYS ME LIKE HECK.

:$

Italic
16-06-2006, 03:10 AM
I Hate It When People Type Like This With Capital Letters For Every Word.

Ellis.
16-06-2006, 03:15 AM
I only type "hawt" or "rawk" when I mean to do it. I don't say hawt and rawk everytime I say the words hot and rock in a sentence :P I usually say "hawt" and "Rawk" when im in a sarcastic mood :)

Neversoft
16-06-2006, 06:13 AM

Yeah, I put say because the person I was quoting put say. It sounded abit weird when I put type, so I changed it but clearly stated I ment type. :D

Adam$
16-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Ikes. I totally agree. It's very annoying. When people say that I'd do "what?"

It's also annoying when people say LOL or SOZ constantly (even though I used to do that for no reason), or like pmsl or rofl when nothing is funny. Or like when people just reply to your messages or something with :P or :D or .... Oh yeah it's also annoying when people do so many periods and exclamation marks, like "............................" or "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "?????????????????". It's also annoying when they put an exclamation mark on another line! Like we already know you're asking a question. Eek and it's annoying when people say Yuh, Yew, Yu, or Yoo. Ee, it's annoying. Oh yes, or LYKE. Also how people type 'gangster-like', like for example "whateva" "waddup". Also how people say wat or wot. IT ANNOYS ME LIKE HECK.

:$
yeh ano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itz reli anoyin looooool.

(and when they exaggerate the number of o's in the word 'lol' or for 'lmao' they type 'lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'

or when people create their own threads, and find it hilarious when nobody else does.
"luk wht a fwnd loooooool [link] roflmao :D"

sorry, this has been an issue which has alyways annoyed me.)

Tommo
16-06-2006, 06:39 AM
yeh ano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itz reli anoyin looooool.

(and when they exaggerate the number of o's in the word 'lol' or for 'lmao' they type 'lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'

or when people create their own threads, and find it hilarious when nobody else does.
"luk wht a fwnd loooooool [link] roflmao :D"

sorry, this has been an issue which has alyways annoyed me.)

Stop spamming :).
Anyway, Yeah, People annoy me when the put "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "????????????????????????".
And all the people who add "__xo" and other "Emo" phrases at the end of the word.

Adam$
16-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Anyway, Yeah, People annoy me when the put "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "????????????????????????".
And all the people who add "__xo" and other "Emo" phrases at the end of the word.
hello tom_xo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommo
16-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Hello_Adam_&&_how_are_you__xo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? ??????

RedStratocas
16-06-2006, 10:35 AM

The sad thing is that (at least here in the US) people sometimes do. Usually as a joke.

I'll try to find it later, but I saw a comic strip online of these two guys, one of them ends a joke, and the other says "LOL dude! That was funny". *stare at eachother for a frame*-- "Did I just say LOL out loud?"

Haha, cracked me up.

RedStratocas
16-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Thats what I hate most. It have no idea what they think the person they are talking to is like

"Hmmm, It might be a question, but it only has 1 question mark. Maybe if it had a ton of question marks at the end, I would know that it's a question, and Ill be able to answer at super-fast speed"

Double post, my bad

Danny
16-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I try typing in proper English, but sometimes i use slang words like lol, pmsl, rawr. Not all the time though. I used to type you as YEW though, now seems rather silly to me. :P

Shinigami
16-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I sometimes type like that. i think people type like that because if you said for example hot out loud it sounds like hawt xD

Kelleh
16-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Someone actually shouted at me once for saying roar instead of rawr.. like, wth? They were like 'OMG!1111ONESPACEBAR!!1 Kelly say rawr not roar it's uncool' Ehm, k? I used to type like that :] 'cause I was too special then, but no, I dont type like that only if I get caught up in a moment with them people who do type like that, other then that, no :]

Catchetat
16-06-2006, 11:45 AM
I like typing formal language like this :D but I type lol or rofl from time to time.

Many
16-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I Dont Want To Sound Like A Posh Old Man By Talking Like This
nd i dnt wnt to type like dis
I just talk normally - I guess..
But when im mucking around ill talk like this.
hi, yes pls.

Kelleh
16-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I have a problem with saying 'pls' like, I could be saying, 'No, no, Im so uncool, pls' I dunno, I just have a habit of saying pls without a reason. I dont consider it slang or anything, I just like saying it, if Im actually asking for something I will go please. Not pls. :]

splatttt
16-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Nah I only ever type like this with proper grammer and proper punctuation. Is Nah Even a word?

Ryan+Joe
16-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't use captials, I sometimes do. I sometimes type like a **** lyk dis ehheehhe because I want to. I use 'u' for you and 'r' for are sometimes but usually English. I'm different over msn and I use correct punctuation and grammar. :]

Things that annoy me:

emo... from this forum who tYpes lyk THIS[&&]_________xXxxxxxxoxox
This Shift Key Abusing

Flap
16-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I talk normally.. It annoys me when people type like U etc..

It annoys me =D

Neversoft
16-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Do all of you use that 'txt speak' when you're texting somone? I still use correct grammar when I send somone a text message.

WHANGFACE
16-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Do all of you use that 'txt speak' when you're texting somone? I still use correct grammar when I send somone a text message.
Yer, I do it as normal.

Smiddy
16-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Do all of you use that 'txt speak' when you're texting somone? I still use correct grammar when I send somone a text message.I use as much "normal" grammar as possible in Text's. I think it looks more formal and correct.

louder
16-06-2006, 04:33 PM
i type properly, I hate people who are like "omzgzzzzzz!!!11!11111!" etc

OMGZZZZZ!!1!111!1!11!!!!!01011010101 y m8?

And yeah, I use "txt talk" because i'm REALLY slow at texting so I use alot of slang.

Ryan+Joe
16-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I text normally.

HellyBelly
17-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Nah I only ever type like this with proper grammer and proper punctuation.

what the almighty sausage said.

I talk properly in texts too.

jordybumz!
18-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah I talk properly in texts. :]

Jane
18-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I talk like this on the internet all the time. In texts I might use 'u' occasionally and I don't use punctuation. Practically ALL my friends irl typ lyk dis, it annoys me greatly. And then if I type like this they're always like
'Y R U TYPIN WEL POSH'

GODDAMN ANNOYING.

Halop
18-06-2006, 08:29 AM
I talk normal

jordybumz!
18-06-2006, 08:34 AM
I talk like this on the internet all the time. In texts I might use 'u' occasionally and I don't use punctuation. Practically ALL my friends irl typ lyk dis, it annoys me greatly. And then if I type like this they're always like
'Y R U TYPIN WEL POSH'

GODDAMN ANNOYING.
ew i hate it when people accuse you of 'talking posh'.

Charles
18-06-2006, 08:39 AM
I was accused of talking 'Posh' by some Chavs in an msn conversation, I started abusing them because they had emoticons replacing words like 'E'- instead it was a big spangly 'E'..and some didn't even show up.

Herman
18-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I use proper English for both typing and texting.

Kaixx
18-06-2006, 12:44 PM
I type proeprly on forums and most of the time on Habbo. But on MSN I use a bit of slang but don't use things like LAWL!1¬!!!!

Same as him.

RLY-CRAIG?
18-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah I just type normally (I think :O)

paradox
18-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I type normally, it's also beneficial as if you wanted to become something to do with typing in the future, it will benefit you or maybe on the computers at work/school and you want to type things quicker, It worries me how many people on MSN from my year tlk like dis coz dey fink it just eazy and quiker

GommeInc
18-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I type properly using the internet (emails, forums etc) and IMs. But I do try to type in text in text messages, not good at it though :P

JackHb
18-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I type however the words come out of my fingers. I dont really care if i use proper english or not, its the internet....

jordybumz!
18-06-2006, 06:50 PM
I type however the words come out of my fingers. I dont really care if i use proper english or not, its the internet....
words come out of your fingers?

Neversoft
18-06-2006, 08:47 PM
words come out of your fingers?

Lmao.

This thread still going. More importantly, do you use proper grammar when you talk. I have to admit I use slang somtimes.

GoldSolid
18-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Depends what mood I'm in. If I'm in a bored mood, I'll type nice a smart with perfect grammar and punctuation, but sometimes I'd use slang. To be honest it depends who I'm talking to, and what mood I'm in.

paradise
26-06-2006, 06:29 PM
The only abbreviations are "Hawt" as I think it sounds funky or "Brb" as i'm already spinning out of my chair as I type. I try to speak with proper grammar and spelling although I always spell things very wrong, as you may have noticed.

- Spider.

Climax
26-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah everyone uses like Lol and Brb, you don't get people typing "laugh out loud" or the like.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!