PDA

View Full Version : TODAYS POLL: ROMAN ABRAMOVICH

2hd.
26-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Is it right that abramovich is buying all the best players for Chelsea? Is he a villain? Should he be kicked out?

Michael.
26-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm scared for Chelsea at the moment. If Roman thinks, "Hey, hey! I'm going to buy a football team today! *Sticks pin into map* Hmmm! Chelsea! Ok, I'll play with them for a bit".
Basically, what I am trying to say is, if Roman thinks of Chelsea as a new toy, and then stops playing with it and pulls the plug, then, you know where Leeds are now...

-Soro-
26-01-2005, 08:18 PM
He is currently being investigated in where he gets all his money from. No man at the age of 38 has the amount of money he has. Police are trying to find out whether he's taken advantage of something that happened in Russia a few years back, in which case he'd go bust - as would Chelsea. There was a program about it.

I'm scared for Chelsea at the moment. If Roman thinks, "Hey, hey! I'm going to buy a football team today! *Sticks pin into map* Hmmm! Chelsea! Ok, I'll play with them for a bit".
Basically, what I am trying to say is, if Roman thinks of Chelsea as a new toy, and then stops playing with it and pulls the plug, then, you know where Leeds are now...

Yep, it is actually as simple as that. He could completely sell Chelsea off if he wanted, he has total power at the moment.

2hd.
26-01-2005, 08:34 PM
thankyou for your views...

Jacko2kn3
26-01-2005, 08:39 PM
He got it from oil, IIRC. His family owned a huge oil company, and he took over, did he not?

2hd.
26-01-2005, 08:48 PM
thats what he says. But it was impossible to make soo much money immediately after the fall of communism...

J-Defoe
27-01-2005, 02:22 AM
He is currently being investigated in where he gets all his money from. No man at the age of 38 has the amount of money he has. Police are trying to find out whether he's taken advantage of something that happened in Russia a few years back, in which case he'd go bust - as would Chelsea. There was a program about it.

Yep, it is actually as simple as that. He could completely sell Chelsea off if he wanted, he has total power at the moment.

Ever heard of bill Gates?

But yeah, this guy is dodgey

SSC7
30-01-2005, 07:07 PM
If he pulls out in the next couple years chelsea are in big trouble, unless they get another rich guy. Chelsea won't be able to pay their players salaries and will have to sell, and like someone said, end up like leeds

-Soro-
30-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Ever heard of bill Gates?

But yeah, this guy is dodgey

Yes, he's american (not european) and he's rich because he founded microsoft.

The difference is, Bill Gates earned his money straight and has lived a long enough life to gain so much, Roman Abramovich happens to have invented nothing and wasn't even heard of before he bought enough shares of Chelsea to take over and is the richest man in Europe because I think he delibrately bankrupted one of his companies. I think that because there was a report on BBC that he was getting investigated and why, they said he could have just taken part in a bankrupcy scam.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!