PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when?

Grimmauld
16-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Don't you hate it when like people who act ghetto just to fit in with the cool people walk around calling other people ****** just to be cool? I do, I was walking to school today and 2 of these white guys were acting all ghetto, who would've known? When I passed by one of them yelled out ****** to me, I wasn't offended just thought it's stupid that people change what they are just to fit in with kids in elementary school, don't you think? I mean, you are what you are, you shouldn't change what you are just to fit in with some irritating morons at school.

Note that I'm not here to start a arguement but I need your opinions on this. Thank you.

Xuzuno (Forum Moderator) - Please don't avoid the filter.

Neversoft
16-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Whats ghetto? It must be lame if I haven't heard of it.

Grimmauld
16-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't want to give a false idea so Chris, look it up on www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) or something. :p

Sabu
16-06-2006, 03:40 PM

Mr. Cool :eusa_danc

Axel
16-06-2006, 03:41 PM
n. pl. ghet·tos or ghet·toes
A section of a city occupied by a minority group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure.
An often walled quarter in a European city to which Jews were restricted beginning in the Middle Ages.
Something that resembles the restriction or isolation of a city ghetto: “trapped in ethnic or pink-collar managerial job ghettoes” (Diane Weathers).

Neversoft
16-06-2006, 03:43 PM
How do you know my name? :o

"restricted quarter of many European cities in which Jews were required to live" Maybe I'll go on Urban dictionary.

Oh, so basically just somthing that losers do to act 'hard' and join in with the crowd.

-Atreyu
16-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah i got people like that at school. Take one of them for example always doing well in class then he got called a geek. After that he started smoking to fit in with the "crowd". I don't see why you should ruin your life really to be "cool".

Wootzeh
16-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Silly wiggers, and no it doesn't annoy me as I simply don't care.

Smiddy
16-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Those 2 white guys are "Wigga"'s then. :rolleyes_

I only do it to take the mick out of Wiggas. Since I think it's pretty much pathetic.

Sabu
16-06-2006, 03:47 PM
How do you know my name? :o

"restricted quarter of many European cities in which Jews were required to live" Maybe I'll go on Urban dictionary.

Oh, so basically just somthing that losers do to act 'hard' and join in with the crowd.

I iz physic :p But shhhhh! 'Tis a secret!

And ya :D

Grimmauld
16-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I'll learn to ignore them sooner or later, thanks for your positive replies guys!

louder
16-06-2006, 04:20 PM
it iz kewl, i iz ghetto 4 lyf y0.

Nightrose
16-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Lol at lUNK

issaa
16-06-2006, 04:36 PM
ew @ kids trying to be "ghetto"

RedStratocas
16-06-2006, 04:39 PM
I hate it when white people act more black than black people.

louder
16-06-2006, 04:39 PM
ew @ kids trying to be "ghetto"

i aint try'na be ghetto i iz ghetto 4 lyf y0.

Ryan+Joe
16-06-2006, 04:48 PM
livin in da gheeeeeeto
ghetto - akon

jordybumz!
16-06-2006, 04:50 PM
I hate people that do it seriously. I do it with my mates for a laugh, but I wouldn't do it seriously.

Tomm
16-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Urban dictionary says:

1. (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime
2. (adj.) urban; of or relating to (inner) city life
3. (adj.) poor; of or relating to the poor life
4. (adj.) jury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components), yet still deserving of an odd sense of respect from ghetto dwellers and non-ghetto dwellers alike

1. John's paranoia about triple-checking whether or not he's locked his car doors comes from his growing up in the ghetto
2. "Why you always be talkin' ghetto? Get yo'self a propa' e-ju-ma-kay-shun, kid!"
3. Jane hid her head in embarrasment as her mom shamelessly committed the ghetto act of stuffing the restaurant's bread rolls, sugar packets, and silverware in her purse
4. "A TV Guide duct-taped to a 4 foot stick?! That's one hella ghetto 'mote control!"

But how can someone be "ghetto" :s Doesn't make sense.

Rawr
16-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Well it depends what you class as cool. To some people dressing ghetto and acting like that is 'cool' whereas to others they just think they look like complete idiots. It fits with all categories of clothe styles though. ;p

Grimmauld
16-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Urban dictionary says:

1. (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime
2. (adj.) urban; of or relating to (inner) city life
3. (adj.) poor; of or relating to the poor life
4. (adj.) jury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components), yet still deserving of an odd sense of respect from ghetto dwellers and non-ghetto dwellers alike

1. John's paranoia about triple-checking whether or not he's locked his car doors comes from his growing up in the ghetto
2. "Why you always be talkin' ghetto? Get yo'self a propa' e-ju-ma-kay-shun, kid!"
3. Jane hid her head in embarrasment as her mom shamelessly committed the ghetto act of stuffing the restaurant's bread rolls, sugar packets, and silverware in her purse
4. "A TV Guide duct-taped to a 4 foot stick?! That's one hella ghetto 'mote control!"

But how can someone be "ghetto" :s Doesn't make sense.
I said act.

Grindie
16-06-2006, 06:30 PM
OMG, where have you been all of your life, in a cottage in the middle of nowhere!?

louder
16-06-2006, 07:24 PM
My ghetto gospel (8)

i liztn 2 rnb cuz am ghetto.

Craig
16-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah I think they should stop pretending to be black.

But I also hate it the way people mock different music genres. People are allowed to listen to what they want and it's their own taste. It's fine saying you don't like a band but to say a certain music genre is rubbish or something is a bit of a stupid thing to say.

Over here we mainly get the emo posers to be honest...

louder
16-06-2006, 07:30 PM

But I also hate it the way people mock different music genres. People are allowed to listen to what they want and it's their own taste. It's fine saying you don't like a band but to say a certain music genre is rubbish or something is a bit of a stupid thing to say.

Lmao. I was just messing around, chill.
I don't mock other genre's of music cuz like I said. I listen to most genres.

Grimmauld
16-06-2006, 07:30 PM

*sighs* People in my class think they're emo just because they're sad, it gets really irritating .. they keep saying they're emo and crap. How come you don't go on habbo much? :[

louder
16-06-2006, 07:34 PM
*sighs* People in my class think they're emo just because they're sad, it gets really irritating .. they keep saying they're emo and crap.

I hate people like this. One of my best friends Hannah thinks being emo means to cry.
She was all upset and stuff and she was like "yeah, so last night I went all emo." it's like.. fgs.

Grimmauld
16-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I hate people like this. One of my best friends Hannah thinks being emo means to cry.
She was all upset and stuff and she was like "yeah, so last night I went all emo." it's like.. fgs.
Yeah, people in my class thinks being emo is just sad, they think it's the new trend to be cool. It's so annoying.

louder
16-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah, people in my class thinks being emo is just sad, they think it's the new trend to be cool. It's so annoying.

Got nothing agaisnt emo's myself, I just hate the people who say they're depressed so therefor they're emo...

fgs. Emo is a fashion, not an attitude or lifestyle.

Emicat.
16-06-2006, 09:18 PM
My ex-boyfriend is a wigger >.<
(but he wasn't a wigger when I dated him)

Craig
16-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Emo isnt a fashion,it's generally a genre of music and a lifestyle aswell.

Grindie
16-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Short for Emotive Hardcore rock, who said it was a fashion? :s

louder
16-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Emo isnt a fashion,it's generally a genre of music and a lifestyle aswell.

It isn't a lifestyle. Thats like saying ALL chavs say innit and start fights.
All goths worship satan.

It's not like that. It's a fashion (and a genre of music) not a lifestyle.

Craig
16-06-2006, 09:47 PM
All goths worship satan.

No what your saying is being stereotypical,not a lifestyle.

It is a lifestyle cos you live like an emo and live to listen to the music and live to wear the clothes so I'm afraid your wrong there.

louder
16-06-2006, 09:54 PM

It is a lifestyle cos you live like an emo and live to listen to the music and live to wear the clothes so I'm afraid your wrong there.

But then an emo likfestyle would to slit wrists. It's just a fashion my friend.

Craig
16-06-2006, 09:56 PM
But then an emo likfestyle would to slit wrists. It's just a fashion my friend.

No it has nothing to do with slitting wrists or anything stereotypical. Why are you bringing in stereotypical things? They lead the lifestyle by being themself..a true emo. Not by following a stereotype.

louder
16-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I can kinda see what your saying..

Billay
16-06-2006, 10:21 PM
it's very common here. it doesn't really bother me tho

[N]
16-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Londons.. ghetto

Mentor
16-06-2006, 11:21 PM
All goths worship satan.

Goth, Chav, Emo Ghetto are STERIOTYPES.

Thats what a steriotype is.

The Labels Chav, goth, emo etc, in human terms all refer to a group of people whom fit the steriotype to which the label is attached.

"All Goths worship Saten" is a steriotype. They dont worship saten becuse there Goth. They would be Goth BECUSE they worship saten.

To fit a label you only need to check so many box's so you dont have to forfiul the entire steriotype or no one would live up to it. By labeling yourself and forfilling the implications of that steriotype people try to find acceptance and a place for themseles in socitey.

You cant be steriotypical about chavs, emos etc becuse what the labels are ARE steriotypes. YOu cant have a chav thats posh, hates vilence and wairs posh clothing, since they simply wouldnt be a chav, they wouldnt be ticking enogh of the checkboxs to fit the steriotype "/

</miniramble>

ps. Ghetto is an American Steriotype in a simlar way to the Uk haveing chavs, althogh the Ghetto steriotype is more posative. It doesnt refer to the litral meaning of the word.

Desjardens
16-06-2006, 11:56 PM
One of my friends hates them so much he punches them in the face, it is so mean.

alexxxxx
17-06-2006, 07:55 AM
I find it rather amusing tbh.

RLY-CRAIG?
17-06-2006, 08:14 AM

Sort of chavvy like

Jim Rotates
17-06-2006, 10:08 AM
try living in a town full of those type of people -_-.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!