PDA

View Full Version : Have your say on Habbo in the Daily Telegraph!

Tim_Moore
20-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi there.

I'm a journalist for the Daily Telegraph (a British newpaper with a circulation of 1 million) and have been commissioned to write an article about the Habbo phenomenon.

I'd really like to hear your opinions on Habbo and its astonishing and fast-growing popularity. In particular:

What first got you into Habbo?
How long have you been on Habbo?
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day?
What was your longest Habbo session?
How many Habbos do you know in real life?
Why do you think it's so popular?
Do you play any other online games?
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo?
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it?
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel?
Have you ever been scammed or hacked?
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else?
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?I'd really appreciate any helpful input on these questions or any other points you may have. If you'd prefer, you can e-mail your comments to my e-mail address - removed (post your answers in the thread or by PM please). If you want, I can add your Habbo username to my article (though you can, of course, choose to remain anonymous).

Thanks for your time and I really look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Tim Moore.

Follow up: 8Freak8 (Site Manager) - Tim_Moore has emailed me a picture of himself in his office, holding a EuroVision pass with his face (and name) on it, holding one of his books which shows a picture of him. I have compared the pictures to one that I found on Google and they are him. He also pasted what the magazine Editor has asked him to write about.

I think he is real. He is not asking for money or anything bad, he is asking for your opinions. Don't miss out on a nice little opportunity to be mentioned in a magazine/newspaper article now that you know he is real :).

:Alpha
20-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi there.

I'm a journalist for the Daily Telegraph (a British newpaper with a circulation of 1 million) and have been commissioned to write an article about the Habbo phenomenon.

I'd really like to hear your opinions on Habbo and its astonishing and fast-growing popularity. In particular:

If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it?
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?I'd really appreciate any helpful input on these questions or any other points you may have. If you'd prefer, you can e-mail your comments to my e-mail address - [email protected] . If you want, I can add your Habbo username to my article (though you can, of course, choose to remain anonymous).

All the best,
Tim Moore.

Id suggest you to prove.

Btw I found this. Im not sure about the site but when I search Tim Moore as journalist.. he only posted 1 article on Feb 2001..

W/e.. dude real proof and id be happy to help you :)

Sarah.
20-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Btw I found this. Im not sure about the site but when I search Tim Moore as journalist.. he only posted 1 article on Feb 2001..

Yeah, I went on Telegraph.co.uk and searched Tim Moore as a writer, and only one article came up. 28th Feb 2001, so I think this guy is a fake.

Rareoid
20-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Tim, may I ask... Have you ever written any books that have been published and how many children do you have?

i luv rosie
20-06-2006, 11:02 PM
ahaha.
Why would someone want to write about habbo anyway?

Billay
21-06-2006, 01:48 AM
wow. this guy gets an award for being a doush.

seriously get some real kids and a real job.

Tim_Moore
21-06-2006, 06:07 AM
I have 3 children and have had 5 books published, with my 6th, Nul Points, to be published in October. Search "Tim Moore" on http://www.timesonline.co.uk/uk or http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/ and you'll see my books and articles.

8Freak8
21-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Thread re-opened, see my edit to the first post.

Sabre_1
21-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi there.

If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?I'd really appreciate any helpful input on these questions or any other points you may have. If you'd prefer, you can e-mail your comments to my e-mail address - . If you want, I can add your Habbo username to my article (though you can, of course, choose to remain anonymous).

All the best,
Tim Moore.

I found Habbo back in 2002 and was instantly hooked. I was used to chat rooms and when I saw this it opened up a whole new world of chatting online. It was nothing the net had ever seen before, so I wanted to be a part of it. I have been on Habbo since 2002, under 2 names, one of which i'm sure by now has been deleted. I am currently known as Sabre1.

I do not spend as much time on Habbo as I used to, but I do go on nearly every day to check up on things, talk to friends I have made over the years and just when i'm looking for something to do. My longest Habbo session was probably about 12 hours once when I was ill. I don't know any Habbos in real life, though i'm sure where I live is teeming with people who use Habbo every day.

I think Habbo is popular because it revolutionised online chatting and gaming all at once. It combines the relaxed atmosphere and social side of a chat room, with the fun and excitement of gaming. Because of this, although the site is directed mainly at children and youn teenagers from about 11-14, many people above that age group play on Habbo. I have met people up to 20-23 years old who thought it was a superb idea and can't get off it. I think that many of the older generation of Habbo users would be awed by an adult version of Habbo Hotel, targeted at people 16 and over.

I play a few other online games, RolePlaying Games and Massive Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Games (RPG's and MMORPG's).

I couldn't total up how much I have spent on Habbo to date but I know it is over £100. Most of this was spent when I got my first job and finally had the money to spend on the Internet, so of course I went nuts. Even now I wouldn't say I was a rich Habbo but I hold my own. Yes my parents know I play Habbo and know how much i've spent on it, but they don't bother me about it because they realise it's just a quirk I haven't been able to kick. :p I don't think I spend too much time on Habbo, I have plenty of time left for the more important things in my life.

I have never scammed or hacked anybody else, and have never had my account hacked, which is why I still put faith in the Habbo Staff. I have been scammed before, when I was a newbie to the hotel back in 2002. Just silly things like believing people could double my furni or get me free credits. Thankfully now, the hotel has increased the security and safety so many new people instantly know to recognise a scam and stay away from it.

I'm thankful for this opportunity to speak to The Daily Telegraph. I hope this helps to create a good article. My Habbo alias is Sabre1 and I am perfectly ok with being mentioned. :) Thankyou.

Sabre1

kobi626
21-06-2006, 11:30 AM
What first got you into Habbo? - I'v seen my friends playing on it, so I asked what is it, and got in.
How long have you been on Habbo? - I have played on Habbo since April 2002.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - I used to be 4-5 hours, but now I am 10 mins - 30 mins. Plus-minus.
What was your longest Habbo session? - Summer time last year. I used to be alot online.
How many Habbos do you know in real life? - 3 or 4
Why do you think it's so popular? - I think it's popular because it's very cool game, with high technology, and it seems kids like online games like this. ^^
Do you play any other online games? - Online games? I'v used to play runescape ages ago, but this days I play World of Warcraft or other unonline games.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - Yes they know, but they aren't really bothered about it...
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - I used too. But now i'm not :)
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - Scammed? yeah, when I was a newbie, but not anymore. Hacked? no thank god :p.
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - Scammed? I don't think so... Hacked? Nah.

Jin
21-06-2006, 11:35 AM
My first encounter of Habbo Hotel was by a friend who wanted an online chat for so she could talk to friends. Unfortunatly due to AOL parental protection many instant messengers and chat rooms were blocked. So she told me to join the hotel along with many other friends so we could talk.

I have been using the hotel for about 3 years, in the first year and a half I was a regular often joining in with the hotel events and activities. It was a great way to spend a rainy day when you had nothing better to do then pass some hours in the evening when parents have taken control of the tv.

Currently I only spend an hour a day on the hotel, this is usually broken up in periods of 15 mins as I only use the hotel for Habbox events and part of my job as an administrator.

My longest habbo session must have been 3 hours, this was 3 hours whilst I stayed constantly logged on but not always at my computer, I believe I was waiting for an event to start in the "theatredrome" a public room on the hotel. Due to its capacity of only 80 you had to often visit the room many hours before the event to ensure you have a spot for it.

I would say I only know about 15 habbo's in real life compared to about the 800 that I know online.

I think the hotel is popular as it is a usually great environment to meet new people, be entertained and generally spend time being creative with rooms. Sulake (pronounced su-lak-ee) LTD is the company that really are behind the hotel administration and design, you can find their website at www.sulake.com (http://www.sulake.com) there hq is located in finland. HabboHotel LTD has expanded online to many more countries there are now 18 habbo hotels all which can be found at sulake.com.

Habbo hotel is very well run as each hotel has its own office located in the country the hotel is marketed for. Each office will have a range of staff with different skills such as web design, graphics, marketing, player support, moderation and then the manager. On top of this hierachy their is also a community manager that supervises the running of several hotels.

I don't really play many online games, Habbo Hotel is the only MMOG (Mass Multiplayer Online Game) that I have ever used, there are others such as runescape and others which are trying to enter the MMOG market such as jabbatown.com

I have spent about £50 on habbo hotel in the last 3 years and through clever and strategic trading if I were to sell my furniture on the hotel forbidded eBay I could possible gain about £200 or £300 back.

Well generally as they most parents would they would assume its a waste of time and money. To pay for things you can not physically touch or even sell back into cash. Also I believe there are too many people who spend too much time on the hotel and have become very unactive. This is a great concern for parents. Like always, where there is an online teenage chat room there will always be some rather malicious older users that have other things on their minds. This is another parental concern but Habbo Hotel does try to protect against this by promoting safe online chat rules such as never to meet up with people you have met online or give out your email address often displaying promotional messages to children charities who inform children and teenagers the risks of online chats and how to prevent becoming a victim.

If I were honest I would say in my earlier years I did play too much on the hotel but now in these current years I have partially lost interests and now juggling the task of helping to run this site and also examinations and employment I rarely have the energy or time to login to the hotel for a social cause.

Nope I have never been scammed or hacked, this has usually been to just following the guideline of the hotel and this fansite which I have been working for about 2 years and 3 months. The several Habbox sites (listed below) try and reinterate the Habbo Hotel guidelines for safe use of the hotel and how to keep your computer safe. We also try and make people aware of scams and how to identify a scam site as well as offer entertaining publications, guides, rare values and competitions plus much more.

Never found it neccessary to hack users of the hotels, I have closed certain sites in the past for their unacceptable content directed towards Habbox or Habbo Hotel.Heres a list of the sites Habbox offer to users of the hotel.
www.habbox.com (http://www.habbox.com) - news, articles, interviews, rare values and competitions directed towards the UK hotel. (the most popular habbo site)

www.habboxforum.com (http://www.habboxforum.com) - The forum for habbox.com with over 19,000 registered members. (the most popular habbox forum)

www.habboxtv.com (http://www.habboxtv.com) - animated online series of Habbo Hotel dramas or spoofs.

www.habboxlive.com (http://www.habboxlive.com) - Online internet radio currently under maintainence, plays censored music by DJ's broadcasting from home.

www.habbox.us (http://www.habbox.us) - news, articles, interviews, rare values and competitions directed towards the US hotel.

www.habboxforum.us (http://www.habboxforum.us) - the forum for habbox.us

www.habboxhosting.com (http://www.habboxhosting.com) - Our own web hosting service with competitive rates so other users can build host their own site.

Hope this helps and hope you can plug habbox.com the publicity is always welcomed :)

Nykie
21-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I first got into Habbo when I was round a friends house and he showed me it.

I've been on Habbo for over 2 years now.

I used to spend alot of time on Habbo but at late 2005 my account was compromised a number of times and all my stuff was taken. I barely go on now because I dont have furnis.

Duno probably about 8 hours.

I know a few in reall life.

it's only popular because it's an addiction for many kids.

dont play any online games other

i've spent ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on habbo, got donated by my friend then went from there.

parents dont know what it is :>

i used to be on alot but i havent been on for a while now

hacked many times. scammed a few times in my early days.

never scammed or hacked anyone.

When I was hacked I lost around 2000t alltogether (hacked about 4 times).

Callum.
21-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I first got into Habbo when I was round a friends house and he showed me it.

I've been on Habbo for over 2 years now.

I used to spend alot of time on Habbo but at late 2005 my account was compromised a number of times and all my stuff was taken. I barely go on now because I dont have furnis.

Duno probably about 8 hours.

I know a few in reall life.

it's only popular because it's an addiction for many kids.

dont play any online games other

i've spent ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on habbo, got donated by my friend then went from there.

parents dont know what it is :>

i used to be on alot but i havent been on for a while now

hacked many times. scammed a few times in my early days.

never scammed or hacked anyone.

When I was hacked I lost around 2000t alltogether (hacked about 4 times).

Habbo's not all about furni, its about friends.

Vibe
21-06-2006, 12:13 PM
What first got you into Habbo? An old online friend
How long have you been on Habbo? over 2 years
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Too much
What was your longest Habbo session? 13 hours :/
How many Habbos do you know in real life? 5
Why do you think it's so popular? Its a very good online game, and is fun for the young people. It also help's getting a interactive way of life. Eg opening an online resturant :P
Do you play any other online games? Sometimes..
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? Over £30
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? Yeah they know i play it and hate me playing it, They often say im addicted :'(
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? YES!
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Scammed Yeah, Hacked No
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? Scamming back in the day, Hacked? NO!
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? about a hc :p

Xtro
21-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I remember a freind giving me the URL and told me to go on it. At first I wasn't really into the whole paying thing, but I found out you can still have fun without buying furniture.

I've been playing habbo for around 3 -4 years.

I spend about 5 - 10 minutes on Habbo a day, just to check up on things.

My longest habbo session must be, 6 - 8 hours? lol.

I know about 5 Habbos in real life.

I think it's so popular because theres so much to do, trading, playing games, hanging out, scripting, gambling, helping others and much more.

I don't really play any other online games.

I used my dads office phone to buy credits, his work got charged the bill so I use to max that out weekly. (in the old days) So technically I never spent any of my own money, but I must have spent way over £500.

My parents know what it is because I used to play it so much. If they see me on it they refer it to 'that thing again :rolleyes: '

I used to play too much habbo, not anymore though.

Was hacked first week I played habbo, then hacked by the famous trevo.

I've hacked about 2 people, guessing their password :P Never scammed anyone though.

First time I got hacked I lost about 3 HC. Second time I got hacked this year I lost about 15T worth, £200 nearly I think.

- mmmike

Kj2005
21-06-2006, 02:11 PM
My mate told me about it.

Since the second month it opened

About 3-7 hours

Two days on .co.uk and .ca

I know about 5

Because it is a easy game to get use to and is quite fun

Nah, there boring compared to Habbo

In the first week of joining i spent 100 pounds so about 500pound or more

My mum has played it before, she liked it

Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? Ermmm.... Yes

Yes scammed by a real life mate and hacked in the first 3 months

Yes, not but not proud of it

If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? I lost 7 thrones and over a £150 in furni, and gained about 1 throne

Nykie
21-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Habbo's not all about furni, its about friends.

That's called a personal opinion. Some people go on for entertainment, some for furni, others for friends.

Sir-Cameron
21-06-2006, 02:56 PM
What first got you into Habbo? - My Brother Played it since January 16th 2001, the day it opened (He is now longest playing). I first decided to start playing December 2002.
How long have you been on Habbo? - ^^^ December 2002 ^^^
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - 1 Hour Maximum these days
What was your longest Habbo session? - 4 hours when I was bored on a Rainy Winter Day.
How many Habbos do you know in real life? - I recently found out 2 people from my school who play Habbo Hotel. I think my brother is the only other person so that makes 3.
Why do you think it's so popular? - Do You Have to ask such a difficult Question??? I guess it's because people get to talk to people all over the globe, and it dosen't matter if you're a lot older or a lot younger than the people you talk to. Also the staff run a lot of events fo Habbo's to get involved in.
Do you play any other online games? - When I go to my Dads House I go on my Step-Brothers Account on Runescape (www.runescape.com (http://www.runescape.com)) because Habbo is blocked. I sometimes play Gunz (www.gunzonline.com (http://www.gunzonline.com)) now when Habbo is being boring.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? - It isn't about the furni (what furniture is called that you use to decorate your room), it's about talked to people. I once stupidly spent £10, but I have never brought credits (Habbo Currency) since.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - My Mum has never noticed much of it. She knows I play it, but she dosen't really mind. My Dad dosen't know about it as I don't live with him, and only visit him occasionally.
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - Use to, Not any more.
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Err... No :). no One would waste their time hacking me, I haven't got much furni.
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - No, I don't steal.I would be grateful if My Habbo Name was added, which is Sir-Cameron
although I wish to keep my other details anonymous.

Tim_Moore
21-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all your input, it's been a great help. I'll try to include all your names, and it's good to see that people believe me now!

paradox
21-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks for all your input, it's been a great help. I'll try to include all your names, and it's good to see that people believe me now!
so when could we expect to see it published? :)

Piipp
21-06-2006, 03:11 PM
What first got you into Habbo? - My friends told me about Habbo in school, about three years ago, I decided to join some days later and quite enjoyed the site.
How long have you been on Habbo? - Almost four years.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - I find I spend less time on Habbo as I grow older. Now that I'm approaching my seventeenth Birthday, I'd estimate I spend a mere four hours on Habbo Hotel a day now.
What was your longest Habbo session? - I once spent thirteen hours on Habbo. :P
How many Habbos do you know in real life? - About nineteen (if friends previous to Habbo are included).
Why do you think it's so popular? - It's a nice place to relax, because you're made to feel that it's a real hotel, you feel fabulously free when using it.
Do you play any other online games? - Nope.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? - Probably over four hundred Pounds in total.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - Well, my Mother and Step-Father don't really care nowadays, they used to get frustrated with the amount of time I spent on the hotel, which caused a lot of friction and arguments, but we're past that now. (Having OCD doesn't really help these situations)
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - No. :P
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - My real life best friend scammed/hacked me for Habbo furniture, I guess it's more addictive than you realise!
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - Certainly not.
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? - I lost about two hundred pounds worth of items.Hope that helps, I'm happy for my Habbo name to be included within the article (Piipp), if possible, private message me any details about the date the article will be printed? Thanks,

Piipp

Steven.
21-06-2006, 03:11 PM
so when could we expect to see it published? :)

Yes as i'd like to read in on it. :8

* What first got you into Habbo? I was talking to my cousin and she mentioned Habbo hotel. so i decided to register and thats how the whole thing started although i don't much time to be on Habbo as i'm fairly busy with other things.
* How long have you been on Habbo? Wooahh, uhm it must be about 2 ish years. :)
* How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Not much, less than an hour if i do go on
* What was your longest Habbo session? Uhm, i wouldn't have one clue, i'm guessing it would of been about Six-ish hours or abit more :x
* How many Habbos do you know in real life? Uhm, none really? my cousin doesn't go on it no more so yeh ;P
* Why do you think it's so popular? As it's an easy thing to work with, you can make alot of new friends and play with the games within it. :)
* Do you play any other online games? Ofcourse, i play Runescape as it's overall more fun and is a very popular Online game
* How much approximately have you spent on Habbo?
* If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it?
* Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel?
* Have you ever been scammed or hacked?
* Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else?
* If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?

FrozenWhisper
21-06-2006, 03:17 PM
What first got you into Habbo? My mate, I loved sims and she said it was like that.
How long have you been on Habbo? About 4 years, I was 8 when I joined. I played for about half a year forgot about it for year and I've been playing since I remebered it.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Weekday 2-3 Weekend 4-5, I normal just sit on hotel view.
What was your longest Habbo session? Probaly at a recent sleepover, we were on for atleast 14 hours, I couldn't sleep ;).
How many Habbos do you know in real life? 5 and 1 is a pen pal that I've never meet.
Why do you think it's so popular? Cause you can talk to anyone anywere in the world, and theres always someone that likes the same stuff as you, I mean, at my school, everyone like RnB, except afew, and I love rock, were as on habbo, I know MANY people that like rock.
Do you play any other online games? Neopets, Marapets, Cokemusic/My Coke and runescape.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? depends, I buy with my phone alot, but my gran and grandad treat me to some credits alot.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? They think it's alright, and they know me and m brother play it, the only thing is they think there scamming kids out opf there money.
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Scammed, nearly, hacked, UI'm not sure, about 3 months back all my good rares went missing, but I'm unsure, no one knows my pass and my computer was clean.
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? I took my brothers stuff once, kind of a revenge thing, gave it back though.
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? Atleast 20 HC's worth I lost.

Habbo names FrozenWhisper btw.

beccyyy
21-06-2006, 03:19 PM
What first got you into Habbo? I think i was searching on google for chat rooms
How long have you been on Habbo? 3 weeks after it opened
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? um... 3 hours?
What was your longest Habbo session? 28 hours :S
How many Habbos do you know in real life? 6
Why do you think it's so popular? because people like to meet with there friends and what better way when you can have your own outfit and rooms?
Do you play any other online games? just habbo, habbo related sites and sometimes runescape and coke,suic
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? far, far too much
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? my mum dosent like it because i spend too much
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? yes
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? yes
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? no
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? ive been scammed alot of times, but the most ive lost in one time is about 10hcs.

and ignore the peopel that dont belive you,they just suck :)

Stitch
21-06-2006, 03:20 PM
What first got you into Habbo? - I saw my sister playing on it once and she
wouldn't give me the address to it but eventually she did :P

How long have you been on Habbo? - since around September 2004

How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - about 30 mins to 1 hour

What was your longest Habbo session? - nearly all day when i was an obsessed person :P

How many Habbos do you know in real life? - 3

Why do you think it's so popular? - Because of the amount of things you can do on it.

Do you play any other online games? - Um i play Maplestory (www.mapleglobal.com)

How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? - Don't have a clue.

If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - My parent's didn't like it when that was all i did but now they think its ok for me to go on it.

Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - No. Not anymore.

Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - Yes i've been scammed once and hacked twice.But that sencond time i got hacked i found out it was one of my friends who is highly obsessed with Habbo.

Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - No.

If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? - About £6 worth of furni.

Condas
21-06-2006, 03:21 PM
What first got you into Habbo? Er, The people :]
How long have you been on Habbo? 4 and a half years
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Well habbo.ca About 4 hours and uk About 5 hour's On schoolio days and 10 hours on weekends except sunday
What was your longest Habbo session? 11 hour's
How many Habbos do you know in real life? *counts* ONE! ;]
Why do you think it's so popular? Because its events are so good and it is modrated twenty four seven :]
Do you play any other online games? No :]
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? 100+ Pound
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? My mum knows i play habbo hotel, She thinks its okay not bad but people getting scammed an banned for no reson and scammed and nothing other than a ''Its you're own fault you got scammed'' when habbohotel should make it safer and the flitter better,
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? Pfft yuh
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Ha hasnt everyone
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? Pfft no,
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? i lost over 3 thrones ;[ And now im gaining

Im adding something else ;]

I Hate habbohotel it sucks there staff are ignorent (well most) they ban people for no reson even though they dont look at the chatlogs, which is absulently Crud :]

Thank you

Lee atkins (lee is my nicky name)

edible
21-06-2006, 03:42 PM
My best mate Sally i think or reading my magazine "Bliss".
Uhm a while.
Use to spend all day but now i spend about approximatly 3/4 hours. its a tad boring.
All day :D
About 9 ?
Cos it's pixels and you can talk to people and feel comfortable.
Yeh many.
Ooerrr, about 29 quid.
Uhm well at first they didnt know and then my brother found out as i had used his credit on his phone about 20 quid cos i got addicted. lol
Not now. But i use to think that.
Yep many times but baby i dont care. (or maybe i do)
Probably.. mm yeh. But not anymore.
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?
I lost about 22 thrones once. And i have gained about 30 T From that.

Glad to take part in your little uhm survey :D If you need any more questions answered ask me. ;)

Vicky x

-:Undertaker:-
21-06-2006, 03:50 PM
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?

0: I first heard about Habbo from my Friend in School, So i Decided to Try it out.

1: I Know 2 Habbo's in real life.

2: Ive been on Habbo since late 2004.

3: I spend about 2/3 Hours a day on Habbo Hotel.

4: I think Habbo is popular because Its colourful and anyone can join it, Whereas with games like Runescape people who only like Medevil Games can play it.

5: I used to play Runescape for abit, But now I dont play it.

6: Ive spent about £120 Quid on Habbo.

7: My Mum and Dad know I play Habbo and they think Its stupid.

8: I dont really think I play Too much Habbo Hotel, My opinion is that if you enjoy something - DO IT :)

9: Ive been Hacked before, But it was good that i was hacked because I know have more furni than before.

10: Ive never Scammed or Hacked anyone else.

11: I lost about 13Hcs when i was hacked In January 06, But now my account is worth about 35 - 40 Hcs because I opened a Trade room which people buy rights in.

Deiondre
21-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm quite looking forward to this article

Neversoft
21-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Well, I used to go on a different online site called CokeMusic (I believe its chgned now, to MyCoke or somthing) and one day me and my friend from school were talking about it and he mentuned Habbo Hotel and said it was cool and I should join. I didn't like the idea of paying for things though. As CokeMusic was free. I joined mid 2004 and lost intrest very quickly. I then heard about it again in 2005, I joined once more started talking more to people on it and graduly got into it.

Two years and counting.

A few hours, less somtimes. It depends on my mood and whether I have anything to do.

Uh, probaly when I first got into Habbo. I was on it for quite a long time then.

One.

Because it keeps draging people in and getting them addicted, so then the people tell their friends and they tell their friends and so on.

Yes, I do.

Pff, I would say quite alot.

My parents only know a little about Habbo. They know what it is and stuff but at first they thought it was Haribo Hotel and thought it had somthing to do with the Haribo sweets (Until I explained to them that it had nothing to do with sweets) Parents these days, eh.

Yes and no. Some days I spend too much time on it others I don't, but I guess if you KNOW you spend too much time on it, it wouldn't be as hard to give up.

Yep, been scammed and hacked.

Nope. If every scammer or hacker got hacked them self, they would then notice how wrong it is.

Hmm, 6 thrones wearth.

.:.:jjm261:.:.
21-06-2006, 04:25 PM
What first got you into Habbo? - Cousein
How long have you been on Habbo? - Been On since About July 2005
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - It Used To Be 5 hours But Now Im Hardly Ever On It
What was your longest Habbo session? - About 12 Hours
How many Habbos do you know in real life? - 4 Ish
Why do you think it's so popular? - Because Its A Virtual Life To Get Away From Real Life
Do you play any other online games? - Nope
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - Yes They Know And Buy Me Credits 1ce A Month On The Double Credit SMS Weekends
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - Used To But Not Now
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - I Got Hacked Back In The Noob Days And I Been Scammed A Hc Or 2
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - Me Hacking NEVER!

Dirgeofcerberus
21-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I first saw my brother playing on the game, and I decided I liked the look of it, so I started playing on it and I liked it very much.

I have been on Habbo for roughly 3 years, but I do not play anymore.

I used to spend around 4 hours a day on average on Habbo, but on weekends I was on perhaps around double that.

Too long.

Just one, I already knew him before though. I told him I played on the game and he got into it too.

Habbo is just so addictive to keep playing and playing until you lose track of time.

Yes, I mostly play RPG's and MMORPG's such as Final Fantasy XI and Runescape.

No idea, but if I took a stab at it, id say around £150.

My parents knew I was playing it as I had to keep asking them if I could keep buying more and more credits, they don't really have an opinion on Habbo, well at least they havn't said their opinion.

Yes, I have played it for far too long and that is why I quit.

Yes, plenty of times.

Im going to be completely honest, yes I have, quite a lot of times.

When I have been scammed, sometimes I lost a small amount at once, or a really large amount. At first it was only minor things, such as chairs and table, but then I lost Club Sofas, Dragons and Pillows, big amounts of them at once. And when I did hack a few accounts, the gain wasn't even much, most of them had nothing on, I remember 2 of the accounts I hacked had rooms full of furni on so that was a big plus for me. Scamming wise, I scammed quite a lot of furni and that is why I moved accounts very often, so people couldn't track me down. The profit I made altogether has been around about 10 Club Sofas, so not too bad. But now, I no longer play Habbo, I no longer hack or scam, I am a good person now, I am honest now.

Rofo
21-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Advertisement

Two years

On the actual game, 1 hour.

Doing other Habbo related activities (e.g. fansites), 4-5 hours.

7am on a Saturday until 5am on a Sunday (also on Skype talking to Habbos)

2-3

Because there is nothing else like this before it came out, now there is tons of tacky rip-offs.

No

£500

They know I play it, they hate it. They would burn down the Habbo Office if they could.

Yes.

Yes to both.

Yes to both.

Me being hacked = 5 Thrones
Me hacking = 50+ Thrones

Dracolis
21-06-2006, 05:07 PM
What first got you into Habbo? - My cousin made me a habbo
How long have you been on Habbo? - April 2005
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - 4 hours
What was your longest Habbo session? - About 17 Hours
How many Habbos do you know in real life? - 2
Why do you think it's so popular? - It's almost like a virtual chatroom
Do you play any other online games? - Yes
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - They think it is just a game
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - I have done
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - Yes. It's the worst thing about online gaming.
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - No. I do my best to make sure no-one gets scammed or hacked as it spoils the whole gaming experience.

Eckuii
21-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Dont expect pleasant replied about HabboHotel, it isnt all that good, but you have come to the right place to know what Habbo is like.

What first got you into Habbo? My brother
How long have you been on Habbo? 3 Years
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? 3 Hours
What was your longest Habbo session? 12 hours (Which is sad)
How many Habbos do you know in real life? 1, My brother.
Why do you think it's so popular? Its addictive, aswell as getting new users.
Do you play any other online games? No.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? Dont have a clue.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? My parents dont know much about it, my business is mine.
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? Yes
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? No
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? No.

Nothing

To be frank, users stay on HabboHotel because its addictive, just like runescape. Most Forum members would agree with me.
The last hotel manager was shocking, and they have treated people unfairly, the system that the Moderators follow is rubbish, and sometimes I think they dont even follow it.

Tim_Moore
21-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks again everyone, this is all really good stuff. The article is for the Daily Telegraph's Saturday magazine and it should be out around September. They want to set up a meeting with me and the co-founder and CEO of Sulake, which may take some time to arrange. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask him just post a message here.

paradox
21-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks again everyone, this is all really good stuff. The article is for the Daily Telegraph's Saturday magazine and it should be out around September. They want to set up a meeting with me and the co-founder and CEO of Sulake, which may take some time to arrange. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask him just post a message here.
lol, can't wait :p

Lyca
21-06-2006, 05:21 PM
What first got you into Habbo?All my friends were talking about and adverts were all over the internet and MSN Messenger so i tried it out and i liked it

How long have you been on Habbo?2 years

How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day?Probably around 30 mins a day
What was your longest Habbo session?Probably around 3 hours
How many Habbos do you know in real life?I know 11 Habbos in real life
Why do you think it's so popular?Its adictiveness to be rich and have fruniture and credits and most kids spend thier time on it so to contact your firend you do it through habbo
Do you play any other online games?Yes quite a few
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo?Around 2 years so probably 200 days

If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it?My parents know i play on habbo and think i am foolish for wasting my money on it but it gets addictive
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel?No, i maybe spend 3 hours a week on it
Have you ever been scammed or hacked?On numerous acasions , but most not Habbos folt
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else?No that is pointless and all you gain is some cartoon furniture
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?I probably lost around £40 pounds of stuff

Habbo name is -Bowsey-

toilet99
21-06-2006, 05:22 PM
What first got you into Habbo? my freinds just kept going on about it
How long have you been on Habbo? about 6 months
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? 5 hours
What was your longest Habbo session? 7 hours
How many Habbos do you know in real life? 4
Why do you think it's so popular? its just soaddictive but not in a bad way
Do you play any other online games? no
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? £20 is the estimate
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? they think i need to get of it more and yes they do know
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? no i don't get enough of habbo as it is
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? well i thought i did
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? never mainly because i don't know how to
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? nothing

hope this helped :D

Adam$
21-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't personally play Habbo anymore, I'm simply amazed that a writer for the Daily Telegraph is on the forum.

By any chance, do you have a set date for the article to be published?

Edit: I've just realised that question has been answered.

-Wolverine
21-06-2006, 06:12 PM
What first got you into Habbo? - My friend, he said it was really fun, so i decided to give it a try.
How long have you been on Habbo? - About 1 year and a half now, I joined Oct 2004.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? - I used to spend about 5 hours per day on Habbo when I was addicted, but now it has stopped and I spend an hour, but only doing my jobs for Habbox.
What was your longest Habbo session? - I once was on for 10 hours when I was very bored 1 summer day.
How many Habbos do you know in real life? - About 3.
Why do you think it's so popular? - It's quite an addicted online game, and it gives great chances for kids to chat and make friends with new people.
Do you play any other online games? - I play Runescape a bit, but hardly.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? - I have not spent a single cent on Habbo.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - Yes my parents do know I play it, and they absolutely hate it. They want me to focus more on school, and real life than an online game. I'm currently trying to do that now.
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - I used to think I played too much, but now I don't think so at all.
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - Yes I have been scammed, real life money in fact. I've also been scammed HC Sofas, but the real life money part was the worst, luckily it wasn't too much.
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - When I was new, I didn't know how to get furniture so yes I used toscam, but I stopped within the first 3 months of me playing.
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? - I've lost about 6 HC Sofas worth of furniture, and i've gained about 3 HC Sofas worth of furniture.

Luckyrare
21-06-2006, 06:13 PM
What first got you into Habbo?My friend was playing on it, I joined up and I got hooked.

How long have you been on Habbo?Over 3 years now

How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day?I used to spend all my free time on Habbo, now I spend very little time on it just to check any messages maybe 30 minutes a week?

What was your longest Habbo session?When I was on all day and all night with a friend, more than 24 hours. Then I had a day of school because I had a very bad head ache/dizziness.

How many Habbos do you know in real life?About 10

Why do you think it's so popular?It is popular because people enjoy working up to be "famous" and "rich" with furniture. Quite sad really people waste their money on such a thing, I wish I had never.

Do you play any other online games?Yes

How much approximately have you spent on Habbo?Lets say £100-150 on Habbo and maybe £200 on designing Habbo websites?

If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it?Yes, my mum knows the idea of Habbo as I told her when she watched me for 10 minutes solid, scary.

Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel?I did. I wish I would get of the computer BUT its easy to sit down and turn the PC and have 1000s of people to talk to rather than having to organize going out with my mates.

Have you ever been scammed or hacked?Yes, when I am very bored I try to get scammed for the fun of it. I have been "hacked" a few times.

Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else?Nah, I am not that sad to **** someone of over some pixels.

If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?Overall I have lost about 2t

Dan2nd
21-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I first came across Habbo while watching my sister on sept 2004 I saw her argueing with these 2 girls! I thought it would be a laugh to go on there to wind a few people up. When I did got round to going on there I thought it was great !

The first room I went into was a mafia called the "Army Gang Mafia" This is where I made all my Habbo mates. As we were all new back then we got on very well and our Habbos grew up together so even though i never met or knew what they looked like I felt I really knew them and had done for a very long time. Unfortunetly I also Learned how people can take advantage of your good nature lol.

Now I mainly just walk around and watch other people as all my Habbo mates have moved on and play other online game but I do still sometimes speak to them on messenger

FrozenWhisper
21-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Wicked, good luck with the reporting thing, I wanna do that or be an aurthor when I grow up ;)
And as someone has said, habbo is addictive, very addictive.

MattUH
21-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I found Habbo hotel from a friend who was called Spencer which him and i both used Neopets.com and on the Neoboards a user posted the link to HabboHotel.com (which was the Uk Hotel at the time).

Just under one year and 8 months.

I must say i used to spend around 4-5 hours on HabboHotel a day however i hardly use Habbohotel now when i do go on its only around 1-2 hours, if your lucky!

What was your longest Habbo session
It had to be the winter, nothing eles to do so i was on Habbo alot longer then normal.

Two which live close by, im great mates with these now so without Habbo i wouldnt of known these two mates!

Its got many greay plus sides and of course some minus sides but what doesnt these days? I feel that its really popular now as itswon many awards and ofers such a large age range. Its not alike your normal game you buy from the shop, its Free, online, and has over 7,000 users online each day.

Yeah i enjoy online games even if there from miniclip.com im into all sorts of games so i try any and review alot of them.

Habbo was like a drug to me when i first started playing, i spent around £120 on a phone bill to buy credits when a special offer was on, i soon stopped buying credits.

They found out when the phone bill came in and they called the 0900 number and heard it says 'Habbo Hotel' they know i played it and still do a tiny, in which they disagree and say that the website is silly and childish stealing money from us.

I used too, when i was a 'newbie' on the Hotel, but everyone has to play the game over and over so i was just the same with Habbo.

Yes when i was a 'n00b' or 'newbie' i trusted too many people and soon found out that i live alone on the Hotel.

i've done scamming, when i was still newish to the Hotel everyone only liked you if you had furni so no furni meant your worthless and not even worth the time to talk to, so me and my mate set up a fake website which got many users sending their passwords into our inbox's.

I've gain around 3-4 Habbo Club members with a few rares which are worth hardly anything now mainly just low credit furni which meant alot back in the old days. I have also lost some furni when i trusted others who i didint know that much.

- LOL damn never mind then :)

chilloutrich
21-06-2006, 07:22 PM
* What first got you into Habbo?
A friend told me about it when she came over.
* How long have you been on Habbo?
3-4 Years now
* How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day?
1 hour
* What was your longest Habbo session?
10 hours
* How many Habbos do you know in real life?
None
* Why do you think it's so popular?
Lots of people know about it and it entertains teenagers when they are at home.
* Do you play any other online games?
No fraid not.
Too much.
* If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it?
They used to know i played it and werent bothered really but now i dont think they know, short memories :).
I used to, however i have cut down alot now, it no longer rules my life :).
* Have you ever been scammed or hacked? I have been scammed before yes.
No wouldnt dream of it. In my eyes it is foolish.
* If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?
I lost about 4 thrones worth.

Thanks, chilloutrich.

KwikSave
21-06-2006, 07:29 PM
One of my friends told me about it and i went on it with him a few times.
Since September 2004. So nearly 2 years.
Well, during school days probably about 5 hours because none of my mates can be bothered to come out, but at the weekend about 1 - 2 hours.
What was you longest Habbo session?
When all my friends were grounded/busy i was on Habbo all day because i had nothing to do lol.
Why do you think Habbo is so popular?
Mostly because alot of kids love the idea of being 'Rich' or 'famous' on Habbo. Also it is really addictive and once you are mildly rich it is rather addictive.
Yes, Runescape. :).
how much approximately have you spent on Habbo?

Approximately about £40
Yes, my Dad does although i never see my mum. He doesnt really get involved in it much but knows i go on it.
Extremely
Scammed, but never hacked.
Back when i started Habbo i admit, i did scam and hack a few people. Then i got some stuff and stopped. I was new and didnt know how to earn furniture and didnt want to buy it.
Lost 7 Hcs, gained about 3T.

KwikSave

Mit
21-06-2006, 09:28 PM
* What first got you into Habbo? My friend kept talking about it and in the end I joined.
* How long have you been on Habbo? 3-4 years
* How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Now, hardly anything, 2 years ago, 4hrs
* What was your longest Habbo session? 7hrs
* How many Habbos do you know in real life? 5 or six, from school
* Why do you think it's so popular? Its addictive in the sense that you make friends and you talk to them on habbo, and in the sense that you keep trading to get more furni
* Do you play any other online games? not really
* How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? 0
* If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? they think its a waste of time
* Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? not now, but before yes
* Have you ever been scammed or hacked? I was hacked by a group called MSG, along with many habbos. It was poor security that allowed the group to get peoples passwords and hack the accounts, but i got a large refund because of protests and complaints.
* Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? No
* If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? I gained about 20 thrones worth as people were threatening to go to court with habbo.

Billay
21-06-2006, 09:43 PM
at the end of the article pls put

p.s. Billay pwns Callie

Moose
21-06-2006, 09:44 PM
The funny thing is, what got me into habbo was a guy trying to scam me in a chatting room on Yahoo. He told me the link(which UK was habbohotel.com (USA didn't existed)), he then got me started on it and I got addicted (we later added eachother on MSN). We then became friends.
Pfft, I hate being honest. I started out in late 2002.
A few times a week now (I spend most of my internet time on MySpace/Wikipedia/HabboXforum, but when I started out it was every damn day.
Hah, from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep.
Well aside from my friends who I got them started. I only know three people I met.
To be honest, not in the USA. What's "popular" is some like MySpace.
But it may be The Shiz in the UK.
Yes I do, via PlayStation 2. But online online... just some random arcade games like Puzzle Bobble and Tetris.
Haha, thats something I'll never gain back... but to tellyou the truth... the number may be too high to calculate.
Yes, they think its a waste of time like all good parents do.
Well I did at a point, but now I mellow'd out a bit and spend more time on school and other important hobbies that better benefit my life.
Yes, as I mentioned in the first question, the guy who tried to hack me when I didn't know of habbo eventually did. But we were good friends so I thought he changed.
No, I never scammed anyone else. I knew it was all pixels so I didn't care and I didn't wanted to fall into a bad crowd and become some low-life who steals pixels.
Well, everything I had was stuff I won and traded in games and with friends. But what I lost was the time I spent getting all my furniture.

Revolve
22-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Are all these going to be posted, including your personal opinion and possible a interview with Sulake staff? If thats the case, this will be like 5 pages long? :S

I'd suggest using a few of the best written as examples, but you're the writer not me.

Day.
22-06-2006, 09:39 AM
I think he will just get the general Opinion, Hes not going to write about everyones first time on habbo and there habbo names in his article.

Rareoid
22-06-2006, 09:50 AM

A friend of a friend told me about it.

I'm a bit 'old school'. 2006 is my 5th year of playing Habbo Hotel!

It used to be alot but then I realised it's a rip-off and I was wasting my time on it. I now log-in once a day for 1/2 hour or so to check my messages and catch up with a few old friends.

7-8 hours one Saturday I think.. It was a really boring Saturday..

2 - my brother and my cousin who have both been hobbas.

I'm not sure. It's unique. You don't just see the text, you see the little characters too. Plus you can collect items, trade, play games. Theres something for everyone. Also, I've realised that I find it hard to turn my back on it as it's a waste of money after all I've spent on the game since 2001.

I've been on Cokemusic but it's just not the same as Habbo.. Not as good.

I visited the actual Habbo Hotel offices where the staff work back in Novemeber 2003. The staff can find out exactly how many credits you have brought. My final figure was in the thousands that I'm not proud of. But that's Habbo all over.. You get hooked and you just have to keep spending. It's like nicotine - it's addictive. Luckily I realised this and didn't buy any after that.

Yes they do. They think it's alright I guess. I think they'd rather I was talking to people online than sitting on street corners smoking and doing drugs.

Not any more. In the past, yes.

No, the first thing I did was read all the safety tips before anything else. If you do that, then you shouldn't get scammed/hacked.

Scammed, yes. Hacked, no. I wouldn't really know how. Back in 2002, to trade someone you had to click the furniture and click the person. So you'd set the room to have everyone with rights, tell the Habbo to trade you and then start running around the room. When they went to click you, they'd miss and it would fall onto your floor. It was harsh but I was naive and stupid back then.

I gained a few digital TV's which were worth 6 credits and were the best item in the catalogue. Habbo's changed now. People used to value their furniture more. Christmas furniture was as rare as they came. You could walk into the Hotel Manager's room and just see 24 other people talking to the person who leads the game they love so much. Now-a-days its just not the same. Furniture isn't valued as much. Everyone justs wants the super rares. Christmas ducks were popular back in the day... Not any more.

ScouseOrient
22-06-2006, 01:30 PM
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo?Around 2 years so probably 200 days

That cracks me up in 2 ways.

1 : Its money.... he means

2 : 2 Years is 760 Days, no where near 200 lol :D

ScouseOrient
22-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Wicked, good luck with the reporting thing, I wanna do that or be an aurthor when I grow up ;)
And as someone has said, habbo is addictive, very addictive.

Learn how to spell otherwise your buggered.

Neversoft (Forum Moderator) Do not double post, simply edit your previous one.

Re101
22-06-2006, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes: Ever heard of a typing mistake.

Crazism
22-06-2006, 03:07 PM
This cracks me up in 2 ways.

1. It was one spelling mistake. Lighten up.
2. It's you're, not your.
3. Don't double post.

Revolve
22-06-2006, 03:08 PM

No, the first thing I did was read all the safety tips before anything else. If you do that, then you shouldn't get scammed/hacked.

That's a lie, because I emptied your account once. Your password was gained from Housekeeping, so I guess you have been "hacked" due to habbos security faults.

ColyTom
22-06-2006, 03:35 PM
That's a lie, because I emptied your account once. Your password was gained from Housekeeping, so I guess you have been "hacked" due to habbos security faults.
Lol !!!!!

Herman
22-06-2006, 05:06 PM

I saw my classmates playing habbo when we were in the school computer lab. I got interested in it and decided to join.

Since Sep 2003.

I used to spend more than 8 hours on it.

From afternoon to the next morning. (Like about 2pm - 9am)

I don't remember. Most of them have already quitted.

I think it's because of the fact that it's no ordinary online chat room. It has public rooms, guest rooms, habbos you can actually meet and you get to trade, play games, create your own rooms.

Yes I have, can't think of any right now though.

I didn't spend a cent on habbo.

Yes, my parents know I play it. They were just fine with me playing it, as long as I didn't spend any money on credits.

I used to. Now, I just go on from time to time to see how everything's been. It just isn't as fun as before.

I've been scammed, and hacked, no.

Yes, I have to admit, I've tried to scam before when I was a noob. Not anymore though. And no, I never hacked anyone.

For the first question, I was a noob then, I just lost a candy sofa, a pura lamp, a lodge bed and a heart I think.

For the second question, I tried to scam. I failed miserably though, and got banned. For 2 hours only though. :P

I don't mind being mentioned. :)

benjirofl
22-06-2006, 05:11 PM
what first got you into Habbo? - Friends.How long have you been on Habbo? 3 Years.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? 4 Hrs. Max.
What was your longest Habbo session? 9 Hrs.
How many Habbos do you know in real life? Around 8.
Why do you think it's so popular? Its like messengers. You can talk to thousands of people worldwide
Do you play any other online games? Yes, Neopets.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? Over. £400
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? Yes. They dont like that i play it,.
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? Yup.
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Yes. (Both.)Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? No.
<3 ;]

Rareoid
22-06-2006, 06:00 PM

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. No-one ever gained access to my account. I think I would notice if all my furniture was taken. It never has been. I've still got the first club sofa I got when I joined HC on the first day and I've still got the first duck i brought so you're wrong.

Desjardens
22-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I have sent over my article :)

Deiondre
22-06-2006, 07:12 PM
* What first got you into Habbo?
I was staying over at a friends house and we were trying things like coke music and Habbo.. I liked Habbo better though
* How long have you been on Habbo?
Around a year although I spent a month or so away when I got banned
* How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day?
Usually around 4 - 5 hours but recently alot less.. as you get older Habbo loses appeal I think
* What was your longest Habbo session?
Probably from 10 am to around 5 am so
* How many Habbos do you know in real life?
I know 2, one from school and another I met on Habbo and met in real life
* Why do you think it's so popular?
Mainly because theres so much to do and it always changes... also Habbo hook you if you buy furni, you never want to leave as it will have been a waste of money
* Do you play any other online games?
Nope
Too much! Well over £100
I knew I used to but I don't use it as much
* Have you ever been scammed or hacked?
No
I got on someones account but I remember when my friend got hacked and I decided not to take anything
nothing

My Habbo name is Deiondre by the way ;)

Kardan
22-06-2006, 07:33 PM
What first got you into Habbo? I was round my cousin's house and they went onto this place called 'Habbo Hotel' I noted down the address and went on it when I got back home.
How long have you been on Habbo? Just over 4 years.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Less then an hour a day now, it used to be much more aronud 2-3.
What was your longest Habbo session? I think I was on habbo for 7 hours straight once. I was a new player then.
How many Habbos do you know in real life? None.
Why do you think it's so popular? Because it's a place for teens to hang out :rolleyes:
Do you play any other online games? I play a bit of RuneScape.
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? Overall my time on habbo? About £20.
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? :rolleyes:
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? I used too. Not now though.
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Yep. Three times.
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? Nope.
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? I lost around 8 thrones worth.

ColyTom
22-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I think that it is real

brodeo
22-06-2006, 08:00 PM
NOOO TOMBO STRIKES AGAIN! WE HATE YOU!

2hd.
22-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Jed,15,London - I became a part of 'The Habbo Phenomenon' when I was about twelve. I'm now hooked as well as 15,000 other users. I've been known to spend hours and hours on Habbo hotel and it's something which I value a lot whilst on the internet. I know people which spend thousands of pounds on the online currency it yet I get by from small donations from online friends. I'd say I probably do play a bit too much Habbo hotel yet I know that if I was too quit i'd end up being bored!

What first got you into Habbo? A next-door neighbour introduced me.
How long have you been on Habbo? Approximately 4-5 years.
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? about 3-5 hours.
What was your longest Habbo session? about four hours.
How many Habbos do you know in real life? 1
Why do you think it's so popular? The target audience is huge and it is one of the first unique internet games.
Do you play any other online games? No
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? At the most £10
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? They think I use it too much, but understand it is a hobbie.
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? of course!
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Yes
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? No
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? I lost about 4 thrones worth (£200 worth, yet i had bought none of this myself)
Habbo name: 2hd. (with the dot).

JackHb
23-06-2006, 01:10 AM
* What first got you into Habbo? A friend
* How long have you been on Habbo? 2 years
* How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? Now - none
* What was your longest Habbo session? Don't know
* How many Habbos do you know in real life? None
* Why do you think it's so popular? Cause its a virtual community
* Do you play any other online games? Yes
* How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? don't know
* If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? They think its some game
* Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? dont play it anymore
* Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Yes - But all through Habbo's/sulake fault allowing hackers to get into their systems and take my personal details
* Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? No
* If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain? Lost quite alot, habbo refunded me like 4 x the amount, they even eventually offered to buy me a new phone/number 3 months atfer.

Want to find out how stupid Habbo is and how they give out people's information and then deny it all until they are proven wrong 3 monts later and then start blaming my info being given out by me which was stupid because the staff are to thick to communicate that the one high up staff admitted to me its their fault and i got all emails to prove it :D- then PM me :D

Moose
23-06-2006, 03:00 AM
* Have you ever been scammed or hacked? Yes - But all through Habbo's/sulake fault allowing hackers to get into their systems

Want to find out how stupid Habbo is and how they give out people's information and then deny it all until they are proven wrong 3 monts later and then start blaming my info being given out by me which was stupid because the staff are to thick to communicate that the one high up staff admitted to me its their fault and i got all emails to prove it :D- then PM me :D

Oh yeah, weren't you one of those habbos who had their phone number (cell phone?) called because of that?

Nisus
23-06-2006, 05:04 AM
Id suggest you to prove.

W/e.. dude real proof and id be happy to help you :) VINCE EXPLAIN WHAT IT MEANS I GOT CONFUSED BY THE TITLE :(

Mit
23-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh yeah, weren't you one of those habbos who had their phone number (cell phone?) called because of that?

I never got a phone call, probs cause i've never bought creds.

Heres links to threads about the hacking: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=60043&highlight=%2F%2FMSG
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=35494&highlight=%2F%2FMSG

I can't find the thread where it had everyone who was being hacked.

8Freak8
23-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Just so you know, the article is a general look at Habbo - it isn't about Habbos being hacked.

Sabre_1
23-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Not that I care too much but Revolve is doing an excellent job of owning Rareoid with this hacking business. Rareoid i'd give up because I can remember you getting hacked too.

ScouseOrient
23-06-2006, 12:10 PM
This cracks me up in 2 ways.

1. It was one spelling mistake. Lighten up.
2. It's you're, not your.
3. Don't double post.

This cracks me up in 2 ways

1. Its one spelling mistake lighten up.
2. Get over yourslef, i was joking with her anyways.

You
23-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I think you're mistaking me for someone else. No-one ever gained access to my account. I think I would notice if all my furniture was taken. It never has been. I've still got the first club sofa I got when I joined HC on the first day and I've still got the first duck i brought so you're wrong.
looool, don't lie my friend :rolleyes:

FrozenWhisper
23-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Dude, 2 things
1) I'm 11, so I anit that good at spelling
2) It's one spelling mistake, get over it...

ColyTom
23-06-2006, 03:06 PM
This cracks me up in 2 ways

1. Its one spelling mistake lighten up.
2. Get over yourslef, i was joking with her anyways.
This cracks me up in three ways :

1. It was a spelling mistake, lighten up
2. It's just a a grammatical mistake, lighten up
3. I is a name

Rareoid
23-06-2006, 04:01 PM
What date was this Revolve?

ColyTom
23-06-2006, 04:18 PM

1. It was a spelling mistake, lighten up
2. It's just a a grammatical mistake, lighten up
3. I is a name
BTW, I'm only joking. I don't get concerned over one small typing mistake

ScouseOrient
23-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Dude, 2 things

Why the hell you on Habbo then, i swear age limit is 13?

ScouseOrient
23-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Dude, 2 things

Why the hell you on Habbo then, i swear age limit is 13? i could be mistaken though (I Probably am as usual.)

ColyTom
23-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Why the hell you on Habbo then, i swear age limit is 13? i could be mistaken though (I Probably am as usual.)

1. The age limit is actually 11
2. I is actually a name
3. Don't be mean

ScouseOrient
23-06-2006, 04:53 PM

1. The age limit is actually 11
2. I is actually a name
3. Don't be mean

Shut up, and wth is i is a name about fool.

EDIT:
This cracks me up in three ways You laugh at some preety dumbarse things.

ColyTom
23-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Shut up, and wth is i is a name about fool.

EDIT: You laugh at some preety dumbarse things.

1. I did actually post that when I post things like this it is a joke
2. I is actually a name
3. It is weird, you try and post all formal but yet you make one of the simplest grammatical errors

FrozenWhisper
24-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Ok you's forget it ok, was only a spelling mistake, we shouldn't argue over it, and yer the age limit is 11.

ColyTom
24-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Ok you's forget it ok, was only a spelling mistake, we shouldn't argue over it, and yer the age limit is 11.
Yeah, I agree. A lot of people have cracked up

Sapphire007.
24-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I would of sworn that it was 12.

ColyTom
24-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I would of sworn that it was 12.
It is definately 11

Revolve
25-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately I don't keep a record Rareoid.

Zenzi
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM

LAFF MY BOTTOM OFF!!

That was harsh, but true. ;)

Helc
06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Why bump this post. Idiot. -.-
LAFF MY BOTTOM OFF!!! at you too.

Zenzi
06-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Why bump this post. Idiot. -.- at you too.

:o

Remember the good old days when bumping meant taking a thread from like 3 pages down the forum? :)

Try looking up the meaning of thread bumping before you go throwing insults like that around.. :o

Helc
06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Thread start: 20th date today: 6th nearly 7th to me 16 days old = bump thankyouplease ;]

Helc
06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
EDIT: Last post 25th. Still over 10 days old <3

Rynon
06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
well just stop then. -.-

if its bothering you so much, why are you still bumping it up?

Shanker
07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
What first got you into Habbo? - My friends introduced it to me
How long have you been on Habbo? about 2 Years
How long on average do you spend on Habbo a day? about 5-6 hours
What was your longest Habbo session? My longest habbo session has been from 4pm - 2am
How many Habbos do you know in real life? about 5-6
Why do you think it's so popular? - Becvause there is a large community
Do you play any other online games? - i used to play Runescape
How much approximately have you spent on Habbo? about £300-400
If you live with them, what do your parents think about Habbo? Do they even know you play it? - Yes they do, They are angry off me wasteting money, So I haven't bought any credits for the past 2 years
Be honest - do you think you play too much Habbo Hotel? - Yes I do, but it is a fun and relaxing game
Have you ever been scammed or hacked? - I have been hacked and scammmed over like 4times, I get very upset
Have you ever scammed or hacked anyone else? - Yes I have, It made me corrupt to do it.
If the answer to at least one of the previous two is yes, how much did you lose/gain?, I have gained nothing, just loses off like £200 - £300 :(

Thanks Diffusion

asher_
07-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Tim if you're still looking for anymore submissions i'll email you.

ColyTom
07-07-2006, 03:29 PM
EDIT: Last post 25th. Still over 10 days old <3
Instead of moaning and getting fustrated, why not just let him post ? People can bump this thread for as long as they want untill The Daily Telegraph writes an article (If it does)

Helc
07-07-2006, 05:29 PM
And lol im not moaning <3 i'm just saying why bother when its old news xD Just leave this post to R.I.P. i say! ;)

ColyTom
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
I say let people carry on posting untill it gets published (if ti does). Some people may still want to post their opinion

Tim_Moore
17-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Indeed so. I've now interviewed Habbo co-creator Sampo Karjalainen and visited Habbo's London HQ (and talked to the very excellent people who work there - which I say in the newly acquired knowledge that they also visit Habbox regularly...:eusa_whis )

All further comments welcome. As I've said, the article's coming out sometime in September.

Thanks again to all who have responded so far
Tim Moore

ColyTom
17-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Okay, cool. When a date in finalised remember to tell us so I can buy it. :D

Nemo
17-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Okay, cool. When a date in finalised remember to tell us so I can buy it. :D
Yeah tell me, i only beleive wen i see

ColyTom
17-08-2006, 03:19 PM
By the end of September we will know if it is real or false.

Coolmandan6
17-08-2006, 04:24 PM
I had a look about and yes hes true :D

Just-One
18-08-2006, 10:35 AM
which I say in the newly acquired knowledge that they also visit Habbox regularly...:eusa_whis

Yet habbox remains an un-official fan site, lol. That should be a good addition to your article, biggest fan site Sulake keep looking at and they don't support it. :P

James

Bugsey6
18-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Yet habbox remains an un-official fan site, lol. That should be a good addition to your article, biggest fan site Sulake keep looking at and they don't support it. :P

James

Oooooo good one :p

Coolmandan6
18-08-2006, 01:28 PM
but then again you could say "As much as people on habbox forum use Habbo, do they all support it?" hehe

Condas
18-08-2006, 02:09 PM
If like sierk Died (Random) They would probs send out a message saying like thanks sierk for like all the hints and tips etc on habbox.com etc,

Hopefully they will let habbox on i mean he only posted pixels of a dog and a man its just pixels.

ColyTom
18-08-2006, 08:54 PM
I hope that it does become official. As Just-One said you should add it to your article.

8Freak8
19-08-2006, 08:39 AM

James
If you had posted in my thread in the management forum you would have been PMed some news ;).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!