PDA

View Full Version : Made a new design...

alexxxxx
21-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Not selling it, (as if anybody would buy) but wondering what you guys say. I used the GIMP as the authoring tool.

I'm working on one for my radio station. (www.hivolumeradio.co.uk). On that site BTW, the pictures only look great on a mac. :S

http://www.uploadz.co.uk/324458Untitled.png

Constructive Critisism is welcomed only. :8

nelly
21-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Make banner more detailed more boxes and colors are dull :)

DMB-Hosting
21-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Doesnt look right to me ;/ Try making it aligned more

Jamie.
21-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Not selling it, (as if anybody would buy) but wondering what you guys say. I used the GIMP as the authoring tool.

I'm working on one for my radio station. (www.hivolumeradio.co.uk). On that site BTW, the pictures only look great on a mac. :S

http://www.uploadz.co.uk/324458Untitled.png

Constructive Critisism is welcomed only. :8
its ok i suppose needs more detail

alexxxxx
21-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, it was really to just test the GIMP. It's pretty good.

JoeComins
21-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Gimp is horrible!

That layout is also appouling - No offence, but that isnt even a graphic for a website - Its hiddious, and if you used it, or even look at it again, you shyould be shot

MattUH
21-06-2006, 07:26 PM
who would buy that so why even say its not for sale.?

Tomm
21-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Gimp is horrible!

That layout is also appouling - No offence, but that isnt even a graphic for a website - Its hiddious, and if you used it, or even look at it again, you shyould be shot

Agreed. Sorry. :(

alexxxxx
21-06-2006, 07:38 PM
who would buy that so why even say its not for sale.?

If you noticed I bracketed the bit that said "AS IF ANYBODY WOULD BUY"

Edit: Also, GIMP is quite good, but not for this kinda stuff. It's not that kinda Photoshop/Fireworks kinda thing. I've seen what some people have done, but its not really for web design. I don't pirate my software so I can't afford Fireworks or Photoshop, and there arn't any alternatives for Mac.

DMB-Hosting
21-06-2006, 07:40 PM
GIMP is a nice piece of kit.

MattUH
21-06-2006, 07:51 PM
If you noticed I bracketed the bit that said "AS IF ANYBODY WOULD BUY"

Edit: Also, GIMP is quite good, but not for this kinda stuff. It's not that kinda Photoshop/Fireworks kinda thing. I've seen what some people have done, but its not really for web design. I don't pirate my software so I can't afford Fireworks or Photoshop, and there arn't any alternatives for Mac.

Why not? :|

alexxxxx
21-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Why not? :|

Why not pirate? Because I do believe that Piracy is a crime?

Edit: Oh but now I've just heard my mum wants to get Photoshop. :P Legally. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!