PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Dudeitsme
26-06-2006, 08:55 AM
+4 rep to person who can help me , all trys get reps.
Ok so i bought xbox live and i dont know how to hook it up, i tried connecting the ethernet cable it says its connected but when it gets to Ip adress it says ip adress cannot be found , help please i use a cable modem

kano
26-06-2006, 09:54 AM
so you plug your ethernet cable into the back of ur xbox and plug that into your router/modem...go into your system blade of your 360 and pick network you will see something connection click that and it sould show u a bunch of option check to see if they are all set to automatic, if they are i cant help you but if they are set to manual you can ring up ur isp and ask for this infomation
info you will need:
ip address
subnet mask
gateway

plus you will need your dns settings if they are not set to automatic. im not sure i think u can get them from yur isp.

hope thats helps

Dudeitsme
26-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I finally got my ip address the subnet mask and gateway addresses but now, my DNS doesnt work i found that address typed both in, and still want work grrrr im getting really restless here.

kano
26-06-2006, 12:15 PM
try ringing your isp they sould be able to help you.
sometimes my live pops up with that dns thing i just reset my router and leave it about 10 mins and it works

anyway if u get it sort shoot my a friend request xxxmattxxx

Halop
26-06-2006, 02:40 PM
You'll just need to keep resetting the router.

I spent ages doing this, the problems pop up all the time.

It's worth it though... :)

J0SH
26-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Where you buy xbox live u get this cable thing plug 1 end into the xbox, and the other into ure internet box, then go on the xbox live and it lets you set up a account etc, then u can play.

Thats what i done.

kano
26-06-2006, 02:54 PM
that isn't what is question was......

Bear-Max
26-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Have you made sure to set up a home network? Right click your internet icon in the task-bar, and click "Open Network Connections", then in the window that pops up click "Set up a home or small office network", and work your way through that. Be sure to allow other devices to use your IP address and whatnot.

Dudeitsme
26-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Ok rep to all when i can but how do i reset my router

kano
26-06-2006, 05:19 PM
there sud be a reset button on the back if not just turn it off

Billay
26-06-2006, 10:02 PM
This might nto be the case but maybe you got the wrong connector. theres one for wireless and one for modem. just wondering cus my friend baught the wrong one and he has Wireless.

Billay
26-06-2006, 10:03 PM
soz.. laggy comp.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!