PDA

View Full Version : PS3 controller not so new afterall?

Bear-Max
26-06-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/26/for-sony-everything-old-is-new-again/

HUGECOOL
26-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Haha, I saw that. Hilarious, lol.

Revivalry
26-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Lol, very nice..

Billay
26-06-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah we all know the PS3 gonna suc'k.

GO Wii!

Sony.Com
28-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Ok two things..

One I think it looks ok... I agree with the article. For $600 they should have something new..

And two Billy you don't know if the PS3 will suck or not yet...

Dudeitsme
28-06-2006, 05:54 AM
PS3 is gonna make xbox 360 look likea joke have you actually seen graphics on ps3 lol there incredible and the controller all you gotta do is , tilt it and it moves lol thats awsome , and they dont need a new controller its already the right size and easy to work unlike the xbox 360 controll it may be smaller but its still got the joystiks funny looking, but i bought a converter so that i can play xbox 360 with playstation controller :D

alexxxxx
28-06-2006, 06:46 AM
PS3 is gonna make xbox 360 look likea joke have you actually seen graphics on ps3 lol there incredible and the controller all you gotta do is , tilt it and it moves lol thats awsome , and they dont need a new controller its already the right size and easy to work unlike the xbox 360 controll it may be smaller but its still got the joystiks funny looking, but i bought a converter so that i can play xbox 360 with playstation controller :D

Err... did you read that you can just 'tilt' the controller over 10 years ago? And Sony lie about the graphics of their consoles, the get other companies to create them. New killzone graphics = complete lies.

RLY-CRAIG?
28-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Lol pretty cool

Bear-Max
28-06-2006, 10:28 AM

If you're going to contribute, you could at least make it relevant.

Fanboys, eh?

JonJon
02-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Did anyone actually notice he is playing a PS1? So how is that a PS3 controller. The PS3 controller is either going to be the same as PS2, that nice Analog thick controllers, or them round half steering wheel horrible things.

FlyingJesus
02-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Err... did you read that you can just 'tilt' the controller over 10 years ago?

Yeah I've got a tilt controller for my PS1, they're terrible.

Neil
02-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Did anyone actually notice he is playing a PS1? So how is that a PS3 controller. The PS3 controller is either going to be the same as PS2, that nice Analog thick controllers, or them round half steering wheel horrible things.
He was playing the PS2 aswell, GT3 I believe, I don't see how that proves that is a PS3 controller though o.O

HUGECOOL
02-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Hmm.. Not very quick on the intake, n'est-ce pas?

The point of the video was to show that Sony's new, 'revolutionary' technology was invented over a little less than a decade ago and than a third-party company had already incorporated said technology for the Playstation.

The controller on the video is also capable of force-feedback, or the rumble feature. The controller worked perfectly fine and there were no troubles at all. Sony, however, claimed that their 'new' PS3 controller will not have force-feedback because it will 'interfere with the tilt function'. This isn't true though. Let's review facts:

The controller in the video, capable of both force-feedback and tilt, worked perfectly fine.
Sony was sued by Immersion, the company responsible for the heptic technology used in force feedback, for using their technology without a license on the Dual Shock controller.
In order for Sony to be able to use force-feedback again, they must pay Immersion a total of $35M (Is it more or less? I get figures mixed up.), but Sony refuses to pay.So, that pretty much sums up what the video is trying to say. You'd expect that a system that costs $600 would have these features as basics.

Oh, look, Nintendo already did it.

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.estarland.com/images/products/26/10526/9751.jpg

And the Wii offers complete 3D control, not just tilting.
------
Also, graphically, there is very little difference between the Playsation 3 and the Xbox 360.
------
Alctually, if you remember correctly, the Playsation 3 did have another controller- it was banana-shaped. Sony decided not to use it because the public disliked it, so they were stuck with their decade-old idea.
------
Okay, so you're putting down the Xbox 360, yet you own one? If you're going to lie, do it correctly. And why would you do such a stupid thing? =/

It's funny to see how completely stupid you are, lol. None of your posts are really coherent and it looks like someone stole your punctuation keys. Next time you post, don't make yourself look like an idiot, although I think I'm asking for the impossible here.

Homesrfan
03-07-2006, 04:06 AM
And the Wii offers complete 3D control, not just tilting.
------
Also, graphically, there is very little difference between the Playsation 3 and the Xbox 360.
------
Alctually, if you remember correctly, the Playsation 3 did have another controller- it was banana-shaped. Sony decided not to use it because the public disliked it, so they were stuck with their decade-old idea.
------
Okay, so you're putting down the Xbox 360, yet you own one? If you're going to lie, do it correctly. And why would you do such a stupid thing? =/
[COLOR=Black]
It's funny to see how completely stupid you are, lol. None of your posts are really coherent and it looks like someone stole your punctuation keys. Next time you post, don't make yourself look like an idiot, although I think I'm asking for the impossible here.

JEEZUS! Calm down.
The post might not have been clearly thought out but god, no need to rip him to shreds.

HUGECOOL
03-07-2006, 04:36 AM
JEEZUS! Calm down.
The post might not have been clearly thought out but god, no need to rip him to shreds.
I don't mean no harm. :D

Homesrfan
03-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't mean no harm. :D
Was that some kind of weird, unfunny sarcasm..... :P

Dudeitsme
03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Wow im going to cry because of what some kid said on a forum boohoo.

HUGECOOL
03-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Wow im going to cry because of what some kid said on a forum boohoo.lol It's funny how you said kid without knowing my age. And the point of my post was to clarify your idiocy. but thanks for the green rep anyway. ;)

Joe!
04-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Well i personally like the current playstaion controller, becuase it fits nicely in your hand and is easy to use, unlike the xbox 360 controllers.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!