PDA

View Full Version : Jesus on Family guy.

Leuven
26-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Family Guys views on Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSK0z163tek

This may cause some offence to some people.

If you think it will cause you offence plz do not watch.

louder
26-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Lmao, thats pretty darn funny.

Climax
26-06-2006, 08:56 PM
If that causes you offence then you've got something wrong with you.

JoeyK.
26-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Lmao x]

I can do that too!

RedStratocas
26-06-2006, 09:04 PM
If it causes offence to someone, no matter what it shouldnt be pulled from the air. Every joke has someone they take it out on. You know how aweful Family Guy would be if they tried to avoid offending people? You wouldnt crack a laugh.

Im a huge anti-censorship freak ever since reading Farenheight 451. Its not like I love the book, but it did show how bad censorship can be.

South Park also did an episode on how censorship is bad. They used Family Guy as a metephor for the cartoonists who drew the images of Muhammad that upset muslims. Great episode. (Funny and with actual meaning).

Climax
26-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah I hate all this censorship crap. Normally it's not people getting offended, it's older people who are politically correct and think it'll offend people.

Edited by Craig[Forum Moderator]: Please find an alternative than the swear words as swearing is against the rules!

louder
26-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, all this censorship and racism stuff is rediculous.
Did you know in a public shop your not allowed to have any posters showing a nipple.. it's just silly.

RedStratocas
26-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, all this censorship and racism stuff is rediculous.
Did you know in a public shop your not allowed to have any posters showing a nipple.. it's just silly.

Haha. I can kinda understand that, but I mean stuff like offending religions or races.

Moose
26-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm not offended by it at all, and Jesus was mentioned plenty of times on family guy. I think The Da Vinci Code is more offending to roman catholics than this.

Badgez
27-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Who cares?

Edited by Craig[Forum Moderator]: Please find an alternative than the swear words as swearing is against the rules!

Insanity
27-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Lol Ya... Tha family guy Fat Guys on that site is funnier ;)

I want a site where i can just watch full comedy programmes.. anyone know any :s

RedStratocas
27-06-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm not offended by it at all, and Jesus was mentioned plenty of times on family guy. I think The Da Vinci Code is more offending to roman catholics than this.

Da Vinci Code isnt offencive at all.

Lol Ya... Tha family guy Fat Guys on that site is funnier ;)

I want a site where i can just watch full comedy programmes.. anyone know any :s

Youtube has basically everything.

Insanity
27-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Da Vinci Code isnt offencive at all.

Youtube has basically everything.

Maybe not to you but i remember there been a lot of fuss and a Nun sat out side the cathedral thing where it was filmed preventing them from filming it cause it was offensive.,, I havn;t seen it yet </3

Moose
27-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Stratocas

They say that Jesus was married -- which abides the catholic rules of "being married to the church", and yes there was a huge fuss about it.

RedStratocas
27-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Stratocas

They say that Jesus was married -- which abides the catholic rules of "being married to the church", and yes there was a huge fuss about it.

Well, I would consider that offencive if it werent for the cover:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/714/anovel2ik.png

Novel: A FICTIONAL prose narrative of considerable length, typically having a plot that is unfolded by the actions, speech, and thoughts of the characters.

And no, people won't, and don't take the story as if it's true. Let's face it, people who read as a pleasure activity know better than that. I have heard NOTHING from people who actually believe the novel. Why is the church fighting this again? Theyre acting like its given the church a bad name, but it hasent, no one said a thing other than it was a good book.

I have a friend who is christian, who read and enjoyed the book. He doesnt believe it, I dont believe it, I don't think anyone really does.

Something no one mentions either is that IT DOESNT EVEN OFFEND JESUS. Read the book, and you'll see that it doesnt offend Jesus based on the plot. It says he was married to a woman who WAS NOT a **********. And that the church changed the bible (we all know they did anyway) a few hundreds years after Jesus's time.

The Author himself is christian, you think he would offend himself?

Moose
27-06-2006, 01:14 AM
It was the ideas that people hated, I really don't care myself, I was just stating something. I know its a novel -- you make me look stupid... ,_,

RedStratocas
27-06-2006, 01:21 AM
It was the ideas that people hated, I really don't care myself, I was just stating something. I know its a novel -- you make me look stupid... ,_,

I make myself look stupid more often

I know you arent really on the other side, but I get passionate about these things. The bottom line is that EVERYTHING offends someone, there is no way to avoid it. Someone says 'crap' on TV, a million angry mothers will call into the station the next day.

Homesrfan
27-06-2006, 01:30 AM
I think we're forgetting about what this topic is about... we're supposed to be discussing this Family Guy clip here people! :P

I saw that episode (most of it) on TV and it was great. :D

Billay
27-06-2006, 01:40 AM
i didnt really understand the clip. it had jesus doing some ghey white boi dance.

Homesrfan
27-06-2006, 04:54 AM
i didnt really understand the clip. it had jesus doing some ghey white boi dance.

Not 'white boi dance'. He was doing one of those stupid 'tricks' with his hands if you watch them. The stewie guy said 'Jesus wasn't all he was cracked up to be'. And so he was showing his 'powers' by doing those stupid tricks.

:D

Kasabian
27-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Seen it.
I can swear i've seen jesus on fg before.

Adam$
27-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Seen it.
I can swear i've seen jesus on fg before.
Season 4. (H)
Edit; No it's not, it's from Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

Kasabian
27-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.
Thought so.. oh, i need to buy that season..

Leuven
27-06-2006, 07:15 PM
lol.

I think I may find some more.

Charles
27-06-2006, 07:31 PM
LOVE that film. That bit had me cracking up.

Embean
27-06-2006, 09:13 PM
lol at that.

Billay
29-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Not 'white boi dance'. He was doing one of those stupid 'tricks' with his hands if you watch them. The stewie guy said 'Jesus wasn't all he was cracked up to be'. And so he was showing his 'powers' by doing those stupid tricks.

:D

fnx. +rep when i have my powers back./

Menshevik
29-06-2006, 02:03 AM
I knwo people who would get offended from that.
I think everyone on the planet should get subjected to consume a chill pill daily.

Homesrfan
29-06-2006, 02:52 AM
I think the 'God just shoot me thing' on Family Guy was funnier. :D

Adam$
29-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Thought so.. oh, i need to buy that season..
Read the Edit. It's not Season 4.

Door
30-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Video was removed :(
Anyway, I bet he was on as the son of God. He isnt the son of God though
No offence taken by me

Leuven
30-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Aye it was removed for Copyright Infringement.

It was really funny though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!