PDA

View Full Version : School Computer Access

Drooped
27-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, I was on the computers in PC Passport today. And the work's like
someone asking a bloody french man to say Bonjour. I could type better than the teacher nevermind teaching the class :P She's stupid...

IT'S A LAUGH THOUGH!

BACK ON TOPIC ::

Well... since it was the last week of School... we were allowed to go on the internet and play online games etc. I was sitting there bored stiffless and even with a proxy i couldn't get on Habbo so i came on here.

Tryed getting in the habbo uk news bloody got a ban saying s*xual content... practically every forum was banned for s*x? ROFL...

What's your school's ban system like? is it annoying like Mine?

Lukeh
27-06-2006, 10:42 PM
yeah we have two filters, some RM main one and then the schools own, double crap.

Although there are certain ways of getting around them :P

Drooped
27-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Still trying to work it out. It's at the point where i just sit there swearing at the computer. Teacher does nothin' a don't mind. All though... she normally picks on me and my twin brother for nothin'.

When she found out how good i was, [comparing to the others anyway] with computing etc she was shocked... and extra shocked when i was typing. She's weird. How easy is it to turn around and talk while typing - extra easy!

It got to the point even when i clicked any page on this forum it errored and was logged... I GOT ABOUT 30 BANS IN 2 PERIODS thank GOD it was my mates account ;) Oh... and i've got my school's filter to ban habboxforum for s*x? so it says...

issaa.
27-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I've never used my schools internet, well I have but only for school related things, so I dunno how strong the filter is.

Drooped
27-06-2006, 11:06 PM
I've never used my schools internet, well I have but only for school related things, so I dunno how strong the filter is.

Well it's as if they forgot the most obvious things... hell that Techie must just sit there in his office doing... 'nothing'.

cause i was sitting there with mates then this girl showed us what her
BF showed her... absolutely disgustin! something to do with a man's downstairs but... mutated.

also my mate was typing in blatant words in google like the girl above ^^ and it wasn't filtered. YET IT BANS THIS FORUM FOR S*X? Next year when icba i'll go argue with the site administrator and the technian to get some things unbanned... or find a way of how to log onto habbo in school... i can get on the page with or without a proxy just it doesn't load..

Adam$
28-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Would you really want to go on Habbo at school? :rolleyes:

Lmao, anyway. They'll have banned Habbo because it allows students to be distracted from work and chat with complete strangers. It can also be classed as a game, where students would rather play than do work.

I guess the forum's banned because it has the word 'habbo' in.

Callum.
28-06-2006, 06:32 AM
My school has this RM tutor thing.

Well, he don't really give a crap about what we do.

I find proxys, he adds them to favourites, and don't block 'em.

He's a crap teacher and I could do better.

RLY-CRAIG?
28-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, I was on the computers in PC Passport today. And the work's like
someone asking a bloody french man to say Bonjour. I could type better than the teacher nevermind teaching the class :P She's stupid...

IT'S A LAUGH THOUGH!

BACK ON TOPIC ::

Well... since it was the last week of School... we were allowed to go on the internet and play online games etc. I was sitting there bored stiffless and even with a proxy i couldn't get on Habbo so i came on here.

Tryed getting in the habbo uk news bloody got a ban saying s*xual content... practically every forum was banned for s*x? ROFL...

What's your school's ban system like? is it annoying like Mine?

Yep ours has a block filter

foxyfox00
01-07-2006, 05:13 AM
We have a huge filter on our system. Some of the denyed headings are, s*x, school cheating information, Games, Adult content, profanity etc. I have found loop holes though >:D. The computer guy probarbly just sits there, reads all the good sites and blocks them.
But... on the network drive people have Happy Tree Friends and really rude videos. Meh at least I can access it all

jstar953
04-07-2006, 06:09 PM
we got a filter at our school too. you cant go on anything! i tried to get on to something like Bored.com and it goes "You cannot access this site as it has been classed as a Humour/Entertainment Site" .. thus the basis of its appeal ..

brandon
04-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Every proxy site I look at is blocked thanks to RM SafetyNet ;l
For a proxy site to work at school for me it must have nothing to do with the word proxy in the whole of the site.

Oracle:
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
My college has a filter but it's rather pathetic as if you don't type the www. you can get on most sites, plus I can just build my own Proxie to get past annoying filters.

lbFX
04-07-2006, 07:39 PM
www.pr0xy.co.uk

jam666
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
our school has access levels right up to 9 (for all teachers etc) but pupils are level 4, i managed to get mine to access level 9 and still COULDNT get on habbo, its good fun though when the other kids cant get on sites like online games etc, as there either banned or still on level 4 lol,

Also this is worse though they sit there starring at the screen since they have a webcam in the corner of the room starring at all the computers they either turn the internet off, log you off the pc or shut it down which is so annoying, when 1 kid writen words on paint asking them to let him go on games they banned him and sent him to the head teacher rofl.

-Soph-
07-08-2006, 11:23 PM
The filter on our school internet isn't that bad.

Theres usually one way or another to get on msn, and other things.

Buzle
08-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Same with our school filter..
We just log onto Msn on the net and chat to each other in the computer room without saying a word..
Since our teacher is like 100 [Jk, But Shes Old And Stoopid!], she doesnt know what computers are pretty much.. All she knows it how to turn them on and off and move the mouse & type..
So yeah..
And my friend got on some 'Adult Content Women Teen Partying' through Google.. That just shows how pathetic the Proxy server is.

WiseBen
21-08-2006, 12:05 PM
The computers at the school I just finished were really annoying, You couldn't go on any website without the filter coming up saying "unsuitable".
Although we eventually worked out you could use proxy websites to get on the internet so that it didn't filter it, but one by one the proxy websites were filtered too ;[

.:.:jjm261:.:.
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
We Have Some BT Web Blocker

Ashhizzle
08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
lolol my mate knows the admin password for our school and he changes all the sites we can go on lolol but our school is so dumb they don't change p.w

Lozzoling
10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
lol it immediately blocks the site if a rude word comes up the url name and then it logs that it was registered on your account and they send a warning to a staff member

lol its so easy to stitch people up.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!