PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS or PSP?

Puma!
29-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Title says it all folks..

Personally, i prefer the DS. As there is plenty of games and no game reigons..

Neil
29-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh yea DS is the best<3 but PSP does have the downloads, Music and DVDs things..DS would be great with them but meh...PSP is Sony so you would expect it to be over loaded ^^

Sony.Com
29-06-2006, 01:55 PM
PSP all they way:)

Its a great system and the internet browsing and all makes it even better.
The huge screen is also a great bonus:)

Neversoft
29-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Nintendo DS is MUCH better.

borobaby
29-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I have both Nintendo DS and the PSP i think they are both good

Hartleys
29-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I Think the Psp because of the downloads aswell.

Choceh
29-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Psp :] Much better than the DS

adidas™
29-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Its gotta be the PSP, but whichever one somebody owns there just gunna say its better than the other one.

Climax
29-06-2006, 03:36 PM
The DS is better for gaming, whereas the PSP is better for a complete portable media player, with games, videos etc.

DJ-Ali
29-06-2006, 03:47 PM
I've played both and own both. But personally their both quite poor. But if I HAD to choose one of them, I'd choose the DS. PSP has all it's fetures and all but it's all quite boring really...DS is more innovative which is better.

HUGECOOL
29-06-2006, 07:02 PM
So, this would be like the... 6-7th DS vs PSP thread this year. And as much as I enjoy justifying the fact that the DS is better in every way, shape, or form, it's getting tiring.

Nintendo DS wins now and will continue to win until the PSP offers decent content and.

MrCraig
29-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I think it really depends what type of games you like best, if you like classic games such as mario, then DS is best for you, but if you prefer senseless violence and alot of different genres, then psp will be the best, i personally prefer Psp but my favourite game is Animal Crossing DS. :P

Neil
29-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I think it really depends what type of games you like best, if you like classic games such as mario, then DS is best for you, but if you prefer senseless violence and alot of different genres, then psp will be the best, i personally prefer Psp but my favourite game is Animal Crossing DS. :P
But haven't you noticed that nearly every single PSP game is just a rubbish remake of PS2 games? I don't think there is a single game on the PSP that isn't a remake, I know DS has a lot aswell but it also has a large amount of unique games aswell ^^
Best part about DS is you can use the DS insted of the buttons on most games, so insted of your thumbs hurting all the time you can use that insted, unlike PSP where your just exercising your thumbs

Bear-Max
29-06-2006, 09:14 PM
I own both, and I voted DS. It by far has the best library of games.

Sarah.
29-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I prefer the psp, nicer graphics :P

BOGD4N
29-06-2006, 11:04 PM
how can u compare man..
i mean i got both and i wish i never bought the DS...
psp is tha thang! they got so much goin on for it and atleast all of the games are original. For ds they just remade the gba games and made it so u can use the touch screen. Plus the graphics..i mean pssshhhh comon, no doubt in my opinion its psp. I can do anythin on it man...GTA vice city stories is comin out for psp too...soo i mean i dont see anythin original for DS. Mario? thats the only thing that i like..super smash bros thats all. SO yawh! PSP ALL DA WAY!

HUGECOOL
29-06-2006, 11:22 PM
how can u compare man..
psp is tha thang! they got so much goin on for it and atleast all of the games are original. For ds they just remade the gba games and made it so u can use the touch screen. Plus the graphics..i mean pssshhhh comon, no doubt in my opinion its psp. I can do anythin on it man...GTA vice city stories is comin out for psp too...soo i mean i dont see anythin original for DS. Mario? thats the only thing that i like..super smash bros thats all. SO yawh! PSP ALL DA WAY!
lol It's funny how you said the PSP has original games.

And DS games are GBA remakes? Really? I, or the entire gaming community, were not aware that the GBA had internet connectivity. Please enlighten us with your profound knowledge. :rolleyes:

I also hope that was sarcasm on your part when writing the paragraph because not only did it make you look stupid, but ignorant as well. Oh, wait- you're a PSP fanboy. It makes sense now.

Neil
30-06-2006, 09:31 AM
how can u compare man..
Dude nearly every single PSP game is a remake, give me ONE that isn't? It will be very hard you will see, and hardly any of the DS games are remakes of GBA or previous Nintendo consoles, yea New Super Mario Bros. is one but those games have always been popular and the would probably release some sort of super mario bros. game on any console they make, Nintendogs is original, Them brain games are original, Rayman DS is original, ok yes it's Rayman but it isn't the same levels as the original Rayman, totally different storyline altogether, now lets look at PSP, GTA LCS, Remake of the PS2 game GTA 3, Burnout Legends, remake, I'm not sure of the name but their is a prince of perisa game, I think it was the thrones one but that's a remake, notice how all are remade so you can play them all on the PSP, funny I thought you said all PSP games were original? o.O
If games companies didn't remake their best games for new consoles then they wouldn't make alot would they, I mean how many people have actually played the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES? I used to love that game it was so addictive and I'm quite looking forward to New Super Mario Bros. ^^

Bear-Max
30-06-2006, 09:37 AM
how can u compare man..

Please tell me you're not serious?

The words "PSP" and "original games" don't really go together in the same sentence. The PSP basically has stripped-down PS2 games. And that's it.

The DS is innovative, and certainly more original than the PSP. What's more original than a whole new way to play games? If you're looking for original games, look no further than Nintendogs, Brain Training, Trauma Centre, Electroplankton, Ouenden, Daigasso, Jump! Superstars and many more.

Dudeitsme
30-06-2006, 09:51 AM
It didnt strip down ps2 games noob , psp is made by sony so therfore it can have any game it wants, and if you say ds is better for games then your sayings its better then the Ps2 . Because there is no diffrence from ps2 and psp ''just size'' so psp is much better , the graphics are better , nitendo ds is stupid and pointless.

HUGECOOL
30-06-2006, 01:03 PM
It didnt strip down ps2 games noob , psp is made by sony so therfore it can have any game it wants, and if you say ds is better for games then your sayings its better then the Ps2 . Because there is no diffrence from ps2 and psp ''just size'' so psp is much better , the graphics are better , nitendo ds is stupid and pointless.
lol Another funny one.

Tell me, how does this make sense?

"psp is made by sony so therfore it can have any game it wants"

So, because the hardware is made by the Sony company, all game companies are to submissively give their game licenses to Sony just because. So, can it have Animal Crossing? Nintendogs? Zelda? Yeah, I thought not.

Another one..

"and if you say ds is better for games then your sayings its better then the Ps2"

Again, how the hell does that make sense? Were your parents related before they were married and conceived you? Saying the Nintendo DS has a better game library than the PSP does not mean it has a better game library than the PS2. Hell, the PS2 has a better game library than the PSP. The point is, the PSP game library is crap, and no pathetic illogic excuse can save it.

and another..

"Because there is no diffrence from ps2 and psp ''just size'' so psp is much better , the graphics are better"

Oh, really? No difference? Please squeeze a 4.72 inch disc physically into a PSP and come talk to me again. Idiot.

The graphics are pretty, but the PS2's are better. The PSP wasn't meant to be a full-fledged Playstation 2, it was meant to be a portable way to play WATERED-DOWN Playstation games and it's doing just that.

and finally..

"nitendo ds is stupid and pointless"

Well, what can I say? You're an idiot, lol. Plain and simple. You judged a machine without even trying it or knowing what it can do. Typical Sony fanboy.

Neil
30-06-2006, 01:15 PM
lol Another funny one.

Tell me, how does this make sense?

"psp is made by sony so therfore it can have any game it wants"

So, because the hardware is made by the Sony company, all game companies are to submissively give their game licenses to Sony just because. So, can it have Animal Crossing? Nintendogs? Zelda? Yeah, I thought not.

Another one..

"and if you say ds is better for games then your sayings its better then the Ps2"

Again, how the hell does that make sense? Were your parents related before they were married and conceived you? Saying the Nintendo DS has a better game library than the PSP does not mean it has a better game library than the PS2. Hell, the PS2 has a better game library than the PSP. The point is, the PSP game library is crap, and no pathetic illogic excuse can save it.

and another..

"Because there is no diffrence from ps2 and psp ''just size'' so psp is much better , the graphics are better"

Oh, really? No difference? Please squeeze a 4.72 inch disc physically into a PSP and come talk to me again. Idiot.

The graphics are pretty, but the PS2's are better. The PSP wasn't meant to be a full-fledged Playstation 2, it was meant to be a portable way to play WATERED-DOWN Playstation games and it's doing just that.

and finally..

"nitendo ds is stupid and pointless"

Well, what can I say? You're an idiot, lol. Plain and simple. You judged a machine without even trying it or knowing what it can do. Typical Sony fanboy.

Finally, someone else that agrees that PSP games are just remade PS2 ones ^^ I love all games anyway, I wouldn't get a PSP though, it's probably cheaper to get a PC it has all the features and it's upgradable, the PSP can only be played for like 2 hours straight then your thumbs start to hurt, the DS you can play on for hours on end because you have multiple control types, unless it's Mario Kart ^^ but that game is awesome, so to put this all simply
PSP = Waste of money, boring games, stupid
DS = Not such a waste, easier to use, better games, not overloaded e.g. movies/downloads and when you wanna play against a friend but you only have one game card it might have the Download and play option so you can play multiplayer with only one game, I bet the PSP doesn't offer that? Hmm..

Billay
30-06-2006, 01:47 PM
stop all the bickering. bejezus!

it's just what you prefer. if you want excel graphics get the psp. if you want innovation and good games get the ds. not too hard.

and btw there are a FEW non-remakes for the PSP

LocoRoco!, Infected, The Con, and Lumines. theres a few more but you get the idea. and i dont want to get this into a fight. and stop taking directly at the Sony/PSP fanboy thing.

Bear-Max
30-06-2006, 02:14 PM
stop all the bickering. bejezus!

it's just what you prefer. if you want excel graphics get the psp. if you want innovation and good games get the ds. not too hard.

and btw there are a FEW non-remakes for the PSP

LocoRoco!, Infected, The Con, and Lumines. theres a few more but you get the idea. and i dont want to get this into a fight. and stop taking directly at the Sony/PSP fanboy thing.

There definately are some great PSP games out there, it's just a shame that the PSP library is diluted with PS2 ports with bits taken out.

The biggest problem with the PSP is that it isn't a true handheld. It's not got a great battery life, and the games it has have been made with the thought of the gamer sitting down at home and playing. With the DS you can have a quick blast of Brain Training or a Mario Kart race while you're on the bus, but with the loading times that come with UMD discs and the home-console nature of the games, you simply can't do the same with the PSP.

BOGD4N
30-06-2006, 02:23 PM
well yea im not sayin any of u are wrong dang..
I have both and i just like psp better...The graphics, thats pretty much the only reason i got a psp. I got ds when it just came out for 150$ and i was retaretd...
btw GTA liberty stories actually has a diffrent story cause they released on ps2 also, i dont think they will release the same game for the same console with a diffrent name right?
Why would u compare ps2 with a psp? ...........

alexxxxx
30-06-2006, 02:27 PM
FOR HEAVENS SAKE STOP IT WITH ALL THESE CONSOLE WAR THREADS! THEY'RE DOING MY HEAD IN!

Bear-Max
30-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't call this a console war thread, it's a console discussion thread :)

GTA Liberty City Stories is an all-new game, and one of the very few that is actually worth the £30 price tag that comes with PSP games. It was only ported to the PS2 because Take-Two (the publisher) has been suffering financial difficulties. GTA sells so it has been helping them make up losses from poor sales elsewhere and from lawsuits.

PSP is comparable with the PS2 because essentially, the PSP is a 'PS2 on the move'. It can handle almost PS2-quality graphics, so lots of PS2 games are ported onto the system, whether or not they're suited. That's why a lot of people dislike the PSP. It's the system that lazy developers use to make a quick buck. As I've said, there are PSP games suited to the system (GTA LCS had a less-involving story and shorter missions to make it more portable, and more recently Loco Roco has proved to be a really good game) but there aren't many.

The DS, on the other hand, has a lot of games that are both portable, interesting and just plain fun. Games can't just be ported onto the system, and so we get developers using the DS in intuitive and innovative ways.

jay-o2
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Nintendo Ds for me, the touch screen is much betta! :eusa_danc

Sony.Com
04-07-2006, 01:22 AM
I would just like to point out that the PSP WON!!

Despite everyone on the forum saying PSP gets owned by DS.

Neil
04-07-2006, 01:28 AM
I would just like to point out that the PSP WON!!

Despite everyone on the forum saying PSP gets owned by DS.
The poll is still up so the PSP hasn't won, it's just got more votes

Homesrfan
04-07-2006, 01:31 AM
The DS is better for gaming, whereas the PSP is better for a complete portable media player, with games, videos etc.
Exactly how I feel.
I like the DS better, but then the PSP has movies and stuff.
I don't know.

Rauhl
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Ds Cos its got more funnier more colour and exciting games more life inm the ds

Barwy
10-07-2006, 01:30 PM
DS for pure quality of Nintendo. Some reason it wont let me vote right now :(

19-20 close call

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!