PDA

View Full Version : Disneys rock n roller coaster forced to close ;l

benjirofl
30-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Coz a 12 year old boy died on the ride. Found dead after the ride ;o !

ORLANDO -- A 12-year-old boy died today after riding the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney-MGM Studios theme park, officials said this afternoon.

A 911 call at 11:21 a.m. said the boy was unconscious and not breathing after the ride. The Reedy Creek Fire Rescue, which responds to emergency calls at Walt Disney World, noted in the 911 call report that there was no defibrillator available until rescue workers arrived about 11:26 a.m.

The boy, whose name has not been released, was declared dead en route to Celebration Hospital after the incident, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Disney World officials said they closed the attraction "pending an investigation," but added that an "initial review of the attraction shows the ride was operating normally."

"We offer the family our deepest sympathies," Disney said in a statement at 2:46 p.m. "A company representative is with them providing assistance."

A news conference was planned for 4 p.m. today with Disney and Orange Sheriff's officials, but had not started by 4:10 p.m.

According to state records reviewed by the Orlando Sentinel, this would be the seventh person whose death is associated with attractions since the Christmas season of 2004. The most recent was in April, when Hiltrud Blumel, a 49-year-old German woman, died after riding Epcot's Mission: Space simulator ride.

paradox
30-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Thats quite sad.

benjirofl
30-06-2006, 03:22 PM
i kno !!

sarey
30-06-2006, 03:27 PM
:o Poor boy. He was only 12. :( So when will that ride be open again? Dont think it should if someone died on it.. :( Rock N Roll? What rides that? Yes, ive never been disney land, dont wanna either if some rides their kill people. >.<

benjirofl
30-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Its 1 with Aerosmith . ;l theres 1 at Paris to. In disney's statement after all this tragedy they find room to say,, the 1 in Paris is still open !

RedStratocas
30-06-2006, 05:24 PM
:o Poor boy. He was only 12. :( So when will that ride be open again? Dont think it should if someone died on it.. :( Rock N Roll? What rides that? Yes, ive never been disney land, dont wanna either if some rides their kill people. >.<

It probably wasent the roller coaster that killed him, it just triggered something. It's the only rollercoaster in disney world that goes upside-down. Out of all 4 parks.

I've been on it-- its not very fast, only has 3 or so loops and doesnt jerk around very much. He probably had a problem before he got on it.

sarey
30-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Ohhh okay. Lol.. i thought something happened on the rollercoaster. My mistake. Ty for correction. :)

ssricky
30-06-2006, 05:56 PM
It probably wasent the roller coaster that killed him, it just triggered something. It's the only rollercoaster in disney world that goes upside-down. Out of all 4 parks.

I've been on it-- its not very fast, only has 3 or so loops and doesnt jerk around very much. He probably had a problem before he got on it.
maybe a seizure or sumtin?? neways still sad to hear

benjirofl
30-06-2006, 05:56 PM

I've been on it-- its not very fast, only has 3 or so loops and doesnt jerk around very much. He probably had a problem before he got on it. Me too. It says as well, he stopped breathing after the ride had finished. Still the rollercoaster is set to be demolished. ;'[ sad coz it was 1 of the best rides at disney,

Still disney could not get a defribilator thing till 11:26 and the call was made at 11:21 . At unviersal they have them outside the main rides ;s !

RedStratocas
30-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Me too. It says as well, he stopped breathing after the ride had finished. Still the rollercoaster is set to be demolished. ;'[ sad coz it was 1 of the best rides at disney,

No way, they arent going to demolish it because of it. They have another ride called mission to mars that simulates an actual launch of a rocket (Ive been on it) that has killed a few people I believe, but they havent torn it down.

Charlie
30-06-2006, 06:03 PM
No way, they arent going to demolish it because of it. They have another ride called mission to mars that simulates an actual launch of a rocket (Ive been on it) that has killed a few people I believe, but they havent torn it down.

I was about to say that. Aren't they trying to figure out why people are dying on it now?

benjirofl
30-06-2006, 06:03 PM

MM. Most recent was in April. Killed a russian woman.. ;] Only rumors that they're demolishing it. But it's currenty closed.

Climax
30-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Ooh I've been on that.

RedStratocas
30-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Im not saying it is, but this could have just been a coincidence. He could have just had a seizure on the ride, but it might not of had anything to do with the ride itself.

Gareth.™
30-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Poor little 12 year old boy.

Nice names for Emergency Services aswell.

Anywho, If they close down a roller coaster in Disney, what about the people who had died on other roller coaster across the world.

For example: Youth Girl (I think) died in Light-Water Valley (Yorkshire, UK) and then they re-opened it.

So probably they're just going to re-open it after more safety checks. ;D

Because you'd probably not want to demolish a ride because it costs too much.

Sarah.
30-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I think the ride must have triggered something, because the ride itself is in no way unsafe. I've been on it 4 times - twice when i was 10 and twice 3 weeks ago. I saw 7/8 year old kids going on that ride! I doubt it will be demolished because one person died on it, it's one of the best rides in the park! :(

Edit: The boy had a heart defect, and he collapsed on the ride. It's just one of those things.

GoldSolid
01-07-2006, 06:32 AM
They should give his family lots of money and it's stupid how it took the ambulance 5 minutes to get there.

Gareth.™
01-07-2006, 08:26 AM
They should give his family lots of money and it's stupid how it took the ambulance 5 minutes to get there.

5 minutes is quick actually.

The NHS Paramedics have to take upto 5 minutes for Brain / Heart Injuries.

I know that because my mum is a nurse and my dad works in the NHS Headquarters.

Sarah.
01-07-2006, 11:17 AM
They should give his family lots of money

I disagree. The boys death was not disneys fault at all, the boy had a heart defect and collapsed whilst on the ride. Disney do put up plenty of signs warning people of it's high speeds (cmon, 57mph isn't that fast) and it lists what people shouldn't ride (epileptics, pregnant women etc.) and this includes people with heart problems.

Mentor
01-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I dont see why the rides having to close? Theres no eveidance that realy even suggests a link between the to "/

JackHb
01-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I am to lazy to read the post, but the ride is wicked i have been on it.
I doubt they will knock it down or close it permantely :s As in OakWood a girl got killed on the Hydro ride and all they did was close it for a few days and kept the park open still.

MattUH
01-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Ride wont be removed.

It's the boys own fault tbh,
Cant he read or his family? their is loads of warnings and rollercoaster like that one cant just kill anyone for going like 70mph :\

RedStratocas
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Ride wont be removed.

It's the boys own fault tbh,
Cant he read or his family? their is loads of warnings and rollercoaster like that one cant just kill anyone for going like 70mph :\

The family said he was a perfectly healthy kid--no medical conditions. Yes, its not the park's fault, but it isnt the family's either, it might be a problem no one could have known about. And again, the ride isnt that extreme.

Mentor
01-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Fluke Accidents do happen "/ there's not always someone to blame, as much as most people tend to want to "/

Desjardens
02-07-2006, 02:01 AM
I dont trust roller coasters.

RedStratocas
02-07-2006, 03:34 AM
I dont trust roller coasters.

Why? Very few people are killed on them.

2hd.
02-07-2006, 08:19 AM
In the response to that, we've got a family friend who's coded rollercoasters (inc. Oblivion at AT) and he won't rid them, as he think's they aren't safe enough. :s

Moose
02-07-2006, 08:26 AM

Haha, HAVE YOU SEEN FINAL DESTINATION 3? EITHER WAY THEY ALL DIED!

Haha, true. I rather die on a malfunctioning ride than anything else.

--

Back on topic, yeah I heard of that on the news... won't bother me at all but a lot of people died in Disney Land... persue'... the Haunted Hotel ride... boy died of a heart attack and Mission in Space... anohter boy died.

(woo sorry for the mistakes but right now I'm half asleep)

Climax
02-07-2006, 09:04 AM
We're all gonna die someday I guess. And if I die whilst experiencing an awesome adrenaline rush, then I'm not all that bothered.

Stitch
02-07-2006, 09:17 AM
that puts me off them 2 rides at disney when i go in july.

Swastika
02-07-2006, 09:24 AM

Doesnt go fast?
It goes 0 - 100 in something like 5 seconds. :rolleyes:

RedStratocas
02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Doesnt go fast?
It goes 0 - 100 in something like 5 seconds. :rolleyes:

Or the maximum speed is 57 miles an hour, whichever you prefer to believe: your made up statistic or my real one.

Source (http://www.rocknrollercoaster.com/facts.html)

louder
02-07-2006, 02:39 PM
This should be in the Rollercoasters forum, but yeah. I've been on that ride, It's freaking awesome. Too bad it has to close :(
Also the Disney attraction Mission: Space had to close because some people died on that..

RedStratocas
02-07-2006, 03:13 PM
This should be in the Rollercoasters forum, but yeah. I've been on that ride, It's freaking awesome. Too bad it has to close :(
Also the Disney attraction Mission: Space had to close because some people died on that..

Yeah, but they do warn people that it spins you around extremely fast.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!