PDA

View Full Version : Greatest band of all time...

RedStratocas
30-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Personally, I think Nirvana is the greatest band of all time... they arent over rated but Smells Like Teen Spirit is. Their greatest song in my oppinion is Come As You Are. Smells like teen spirit was named 9th greatest song of all time by Rolling Stone Mag. :@ It deserves to be on there but not that high up!

-Soro-
30-01-2005, 07:27 PM
You are spot on, Nirvana is the greatest band of all time and is my favourite band. Personally, 'Smells like teen spirit' is not my favourite song, but only because I've heard it so many times. Kurt Cobain said himself that song got so much recognition and overshadowed all of his other great songs. My favourite song(s) are 'heart shaped box' and 'in bloom'.

But yes, Nirvana, their sound was truly special.

By the way, good to see you're interested in Kurt's life, I haven't met anyone else who did on these forums. Yesterday I bought a book called 'Kurt Cobain & Courtney Love - In their own words'. It contained every single quote from everything they've said to the press since they were famous, and it's pretty interesting.

Ryan
30-01-2005, 07:30 PM
nirvana are great the last song they did was awesome ...cant think of the name at this moment :s

-Soro-
30-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Well there were about 20 songs which were unreleased, because they were in the middle of making an album before he shoved that shotgun in his mouth, and no one apart from Krist or Dave would have known what was the last recorded one.

Which one do you mean? Hum it to me. :p

Ryan
30-01-2005, 07:36 PM
hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm hm hmmm hmmmmmm

wait let me get the album

you no ur right..... dunno wether they released it or not but im just going on what my friends told me :s

RedStratocas
30-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Lol- It was you know your right Says it on their greatest hits album that came out 2002. Im starting my own band thats going to be like the sound of nirvana. But at least Dave Grohl is still going on with the foo fighters and didnt just give up. I thought it was crazy that he and Kurt played the opposite instruments

Ryan
30-01-2005, 07:42 PM
:o ur own band :o have 2 send me some of ur songs when it comes around :D lol

RedStratocas
30-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Lol. Im not that good at singing... but kurt cobain wasent a good singer either... lol

-Soro-
30-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Lol- It was you know your right Says it on their greatest hits album that came out 2002. Im starting my own band thats going to be like the sound of nirvana. But at least Dave Grohl is still going on with the foo fighters and didnt just give up. I thought it was crazy that he and Kurt played the opposite instruments

Yes but there's a whole load unreleased, you know your right was the latest one to be released, but not neccessarily written.

That's a great song though.

Ryan
lol true .... still awesome tho :D

G-flow
nirvana rawk!!!! I really like nirvana a lot :p

RedStratocas
30-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Nirvana had 4 songs on the 500 greatest songs of all time:

9:Smells Like Teen Spirit
445: Come as you are
407: In Bloom
455: All Apologies

Xaction
01-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Spice girls :D
Westlife :D
Oasis :D
U2 :D
Maroon 5 :D
Girls Aloud :D
Green Day :D

Nah I Dunno Best Band

lil:quizical:quigly
02-02-2005, 05:42 PM
The beatles by far. They are the post prolific too. I personally thing Nirvana ruined music, becuase all of these bad bands today are trying to imitate there awesome punk/grunge kind of style, but they arnt coming up to par.

RedStratocas
02-02-2005, 08:45 PM
??? What are you talking about? First off this isnt today's music, they ended in 1994, second off they were inspired by the beatles. One of cobain's favorite bands. And he listened to different music other then his own. Third off, Nirvana is great band because for the very little time they were around (2 years popular) they came out with 4 of the songs on the greatest songs of all time and so many more hits. Beatles are great, but I just dont think they were the best.

lil:quizical:quigly
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
No I said todays bands were trying to imitate Nirvana's sound. Im not dissing them.

Ryan
02-02-2005, 09:14 PM
are they :s

RedStratocas
03-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Lol. I didnt notice. They are imitating Smells like teen spirit's sound. The beatles are a close 2nd on my scale, but I think nirvana could have been so much more popular, if they were around as long. I think about a girl sounds so much like the beatles.

ramjet
05-02-2005, 11:42 PM
nirvana are gr8 but has to be led zepplin

Mined
05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
East 17 some of their songs were just Amazing especially
Stay another day :)

Azela
05-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Argh!

I like:
Snow Patrol
Keane
Yellowcard
The Killers
Lost Prophets

To be honest, I can't decide... :)

Revis
16-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Nah its Gotta be Nirvana. I mean the song Breed was sorter Grunge/Dance, it was so fast and had so much energy, i dont think many bands have ever had more energy than nirvana, well maybe foo fighters but thats Dave Grohl from nirvana. You Know Your Right was also pretty cool from Nirvana.

I know they technically aint a band, but the album from JayZ and Linkin Park was one of the best ive heard, so if they teamed up that could easily rival nirvana.

My number 2 would proberly have to be Prodigy, they just changed the world of dance, like nirvana did to rock, and they are English so thats an added Bonus...

Mit
17-02-2005, 05:56 PM
its the beatles i guess. never liked their music but they have been the best. only a few rock bands from the seventies have come close.

nivarna were good and coar those four songs were good but beatles were the first big band and nobodies done better than them. Sold millions of cds in countries all over the world, not just english speakers and they had the biggest fan base ever! Bigger than the KING :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!