PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Madness Help

Belmont
02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
ok, im stuck on something that is probably very simple i just cant figure it out and all the quest guides dont help me either. anyways my quest journal says " i must disguise myself as a karamjan monkey"

15. Garkor will tell you to speak to Awowogei and have his tribe make an alliance with the monkeys of Karamja. Attempt to get in there, but you will be stopped by the Elder Guard because you don't have permission from Kruk.

what i dont get is how are you suppose to attempt to get in there if there is elder guards blocking both entrances, and also when i talk to them they just say "what do you want" and automatically i say "oh nothing just passing by"

no clue what to do, please help:)

edit: oops i didnt mean to post in this section, please move

Moved by -legoman- (Forum Moderator) From "Pking/Dueling" to "Runescape"

Axel
02-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Chapter 2

Quest journal changes: "I have found that the 10th Squad were indeed blown off course and never reached the shipyard. I am currently on a mission for King Narnode Shareen to investigate their whereabouts."

You land on an island and find the crashed gliders of the 10th squad. Speak to the gnome there (Lumdo) and request that he bring you to Ape Atoll. The gnome will refuse so speak to the Wing Commander and he will order the gnome to bring you to Ape Atoll.

Quest journal changes: "I have made contact with the rest of the 10th Squad, who are stranded on an island called Ape Atoll."

When you reach the island head northwest and go northwards. You will be shot down by the archers and jailed. In the jail, pick-lock the lock when the guard is not near the door and go to the space to the west when the guards change shifts, dash out of the jail and head north to the tall grass. Move east and run southeast past the temple (Big house to the northeast with an altar). You should find yourself southeast of the temple and north of the sergeant of the 10th squad, Garkor.

Talk to Garkor and he will ask you to go and see the mage of the squad.

Head west to the big house with the trapdoor in the middle. Go in through the backdoor. AVOID THE TRAP DOOR! If you go near it you will get jailed again. Stick to the walls of the house and search the crates in the house. Search the crates to the south east of the house to find some magical monkey talking dentures and make sure you take some. They are in the chest closest to the trapdoor. There is also crate with a hole at the bottom to the southeast. Go down the hole and head northwest. There will be about 6 crates at the northwest corner. Search the crates to find a monkey amulet mould. Teleport out and refresh your food/potions.

Go back to Ape Atoll again (talk to Daero) and head west and look out for a dungeon entrance (! sign on mini-map).

Go down the dungeon and follow the tunnel (head north at the first intersection)

Tips in the dungeon:

Every now and then the screen will start shaking. When that happens run for shelter under one of the ledges.
Keep protect against melee on at all times for safety reasons.
Look out for traps on the floor.
There will be a trap which you can pass by using a plank on it.
You will find the mage Zoonock at the end of the tunnel. Talk to him and he will tell you about the amulet and talisman. Use the gold bar, dentures and amulet mould on him. He will enchant the bar and return it to you. Leave the dungeon (teleport or walk out).

Head back to the monkey village by getting shot down and jailed again. Using the same method as before to escape from the prison, and head east towards the temple. Go in (make sure protect against melee is on). Look for a trap door to the east of the temple and climb down it. You should notice 2 walls of flame in the dungeon. Use the enchanted bar on either wall of flame and then use the ball of wool on the amulet. Wear the amulet.

Head back up the rope and try and escape (might be a bit tough so try climbing the ladder and escape from the second floor where there is a ladder to the south).

Head back to the north of the jail again and move west. You should find a small plantation with a few banana trees in it. Wait for the Little Monkey's Aunt to go into the house, then talk to the little monkey child and claim you are his uncle. While looking out for the aunt, pick a few bananas (5 or 6) and give them to the little monkey.

Then, head north to hide and wait for the aunt to go to the little monkey and head back to the house again. Keep talking to the little monkey (I tried 3 times) and the monkey will tell you that the aunt has given him a toy.

Ask for the toy and you will get a monkey talisman. Kill a monkey on Karamja if you don't have the monkey corpse (or bones) yet. Head back to Ape Atoll again and go down the dungeon to the mage. Use the monkey corpse (or bones) and the talisman on the mage and he will give you a magical greegree. When you hold the greegree you will transform into a monkey. When you are a monkey you will not be attacked by anyone or anything on Ape Atoll.

Quest journal changes: "I have been working with Sergeant Garkor and High Mage Zooknock to create items which will allow me to spy on the monkeys: an amulet of monkey speak and a monkey greegree."

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!