PDA

View Full Version : Need TOS for a SHOUTcast hosting site

Evasion
03-07-2006, 05:12 AM
I need a TOS for SHOUTservers. We host SHOUTcast servers.
If anyone can write me a TOS or find one on the internet I will rep.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
Evasion

alexxxxx
03-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Write one yourself, then you know what it all means.

Also include a line that says: YOURHOST can't be held responsible for any legal consequences of your shoutcast stream.

So if people stream music without permission and for some freak reason the record labels find them out, your not responsible for their actions.

Evasion
03-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Write one yourself, then you know what it all means.

Also include a line that says: YOURHOST can't be held responsible for any legal consequences of your shoutcast stream.

So if people stream music without permission and for some freak reason the record labels find them out, your not responsible for their actions.

Thank's for that + rep.
I don't want to write one myself because I don't know all the things to include.

Luckyrare
03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
All you need to do is make it so you have nothing agaisnt you, held them responcible for everything

This is one a wrote for Vital Hosting (now closing)

Account setup
Vital Hosting will setup your account after we have received the full payment after that it may take up to 24 hours to setup depending on the time. You must use a real email otherwise you will not be able to get support or password reminders. You must have permission from the card owner; if you do not you will not be able to ever purchase from us again. If you are under 18, you must have permission from your legal parent/guardian as they will take all responsibility for violating these Terms and Conditions.
Files, services and Content
You must not host or support the following…
Warez Sites
Pirated Software
Hate sites
Hack sites/downloads
Illegal ****ography
Scam / Fraud sites
Copyright Material
Email Spam
Anything Illegal against the UK & US laws
Email
Mass mailings must only be sent to people that have your permission when then sign up to your service and they must be able to “opt-out”. You may only send 250 emails at once.
Date loss
We take no backups of your websites; it is your responsibility to do this. If your site gets data loss via self deletion or a person gaining access to your website this is your fault, not ours.
Internet Services
If you are offering Internet Services (Forums, Upload sites, Email ect...) you must moderate files/comments. Warez files and Unsafe EXE may not be uploaded, you will take blame for any illegal files you are hosting
Suspending accounts
If you fail to pay for your service (3 days after expiring) your account will be suspended, you account will then be suspended for 14 days. If you are unable to pay for the service plus an admin fee of £1.50 your account will be terminated.
Refunds
We will only give you a refund if we have had 48 hours downtime (PER MONTH) OR if we feel you deserve one, you can not claim a refund because you no longer need the service.
Disclaimer
You are responsible for what is hosted on your account, Vital Hosting hosting are no way responsible. We have the right to suspend your account at any time for failing the follow our terms of service. We also have the right to revise/update the Terms of service without warning.

nelly
03-07-2006, 02:28 PM
will not provide any license or is not being held responsible for holding shoutcasts licenses. You are purchasing the use of the shoutcast to use, whether you have a license or not. will also charge any customer who broadcasts over their purchased birate. We shall charge up to £5.00 every 30 minutes, plus a fee of £40 to restore the suspended shoutcast account.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental and consequential damages, which may arise from servers going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Further, shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the corruption or deletion of any web site from one of servers. All damages shall be limited to the immediate termination of service. shall be the sole arbiter of what is and is not a violation of these acceptable use policies. reserves the right to terminate an account at any time and for any reason that causes harm to any customer's web sites. reserves the right to delete all content and files upon termination. reserves the right to withhold any pre-paid funds for any site removed for violations of these policies. reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion. reserves the right to change these Policies without prior notice or warning. Non-enforcement of any part of these Policies does not constitute consent.

Evasion
03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey thanks Nelly and LuckyRare, can I use them?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!