PDA

View Full Version : Smoking :S

Bielby2ooo
03-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Well

Latly ive beenm going out with friends on a friday night into town and stuff and come back to my village and they all smoke and im usually drunk and i smoke a sig ive had about 5 all together

Is there a chnace i can get addicted even if im drunk?

[btw im taking it back]

Help :P

[i dont want to be addicted]

Thanks alot

Bielby2000

Closed by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Thread was bumped.

StripedTiger
03-07-2006, 03:23 PM
i had bout 1 ciggi every dinnertime for a year n never got addicted :l
it depends on how strong / weak you are to stuff like that.
what i would do is tell your friends you dont want to smoke and ask them to not tempt you in any way, especially when you have a bit of drink.

if they ask why make up an exscuse like someone close to you suffered from something off smoking?

Bielby2ooo
03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Im usually to drunk to do that

and so are they , so my mate [never smoked] bought apack of 20 and gave us all like 3 ea but i was paraletic so i think i smoked em

Lets just say

im a Social Smoker

cassiee
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Yup.
its possible to get addicted from just one.
however i used to smoke but i dont believe i was addicted i just woke up one morning and thought i'd give up and did.

JackHb
05-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Lol, you can't get addicted from just one, and i seriously doubt you will get addicted from 5, you will need to smoke for a few days to get addicted i would say. Some of my friends only smoke when they are out drinking (like you are doing) and may smoke a whole packet of 10 and are not addicted as they will not have one for a whole week or something.
I smoke on and off, when i was doing my GCSE's some days i went through a pack of 20 L&B a day, now that got me addictive but i was kind of addicted already before that. I am now in USA so won't have one for 3 weeks and am craving for one :P

You really shouldn't worry, if you do start thinking you are getting addicted then just stop.

DMB-Hosting
05-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Lol, you can't get addicted from just one, and i seriously doubt you will get addicted from 5, you will need to smoke for a few days to get addicted i would say. Some of my friends only smoke when they are out drinking (like you are doing) and may smoke a whole packet of 10 and are not addicted as they will not have one for a whole week or something.
I smoke on and off, when i was doing my GCSE's some days i went through a pack of 20 L&B a day, now that got me addictive but i was kind of addicted already before that. I am now in USA so won't have one for 3 weeks and am craving for one :P

You really shouldn't worry, if you do start thinking you are getting addicted then just stop.

Addiction starts somewhere, one may trigger just becarefull and being paraletic is just as bad -.-

Ostinato
05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
If you don't want to smoke and become addicted, why do it?

Although you may only have a few to begin with, that's how it always starts then you'll be dragged into it and having more and more each day, until you basically rely on them.

By saying you only do it when your drunk is just an excuse. Drunk or not, you have the choice to say no to smoking them, it's not like your friends put the cigarette in your mouth and make you inhale it. Say to your friends you don't like smoking so you've decided you just don't wanna do it when your out, so ask them not to offer you any cigarettes etc.

Although you might not remeber if you smoked or not the next day, when your drunk you are still able to say no, so just make sure you do - and it's not liek the drink is going to make physically make you say yes, you always have the choice.

JackHb
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Tonnes of people smoke when they are drunk i would'nt worry about it.

[dec]eric
05-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone here smoke pot?

Ostinato
05-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Tonnes of people smoke when they are drunk i would'nt worry about it.

Yeh don't worry about it... you'll just end up with lung cancer in years to come! :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

omgabear
06-07-2006, 06:09 AM
I usually smoke cigs or pot when im drunk, but ive never become addicted... I dont know why.

Anyway, I decided to quit both altogether. I get my friends to hit me if I try to :P

i luv rosie
06-07-2006, 06:13 AM
don't smoke if you don't want to be addicted.
I don't like smokers very much.
unless they don't smoke very much.

JackHb
06-07-2006, 02:32 PM
eric']Anyone here smoke pot?

Only on weekends normally, tis goooood stuff :P

Yeh don't worry about it... you'll just end up with lung cancer in years to come! :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

I doubt he is going to end up with lung cancer if he smokes 5 cigrarettes when he is drunk, he probably only does it once a week :P

Nixt
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
It is pretty simple: Don't smoke.

Sorted!

Corq
07-07-2006, 07:00 PM

Sorted!

Agree, it doesn't really matter if you smoke when you're drunk or not, you're still smoking and eventually will become addicted...

Herman
08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Or you could stop drinking. Honestly, in my opinion, I don't see the point in drinking, you're just paying money to get drunk, and do silly things. But that's my opinion.

Oliver46
09-07-2006, 08:29 AM

Sorted!

EXACTLY! Please tell me, what exactly do you get out of smoking and drinking?

yamiyugi111
09-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Dont-smoke-and-fly-drink-and-drive

:)

stay-on-the-safe--side

Ostinato
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I doubt he is going to end up with lung cancer if he smokes 5 cigrarettes when he is drunk, he probably only does it once a week :P

I'm not saying if he smokes 5 cigarettes a week that in 2 months time he's going to die of lung cancer.

However, those 5 cigarettes a week when he is drunk mounts up over the weeks, the months and the years and if he continues to do that it'll just be normal to smoke at least 5 once a week - therefore becoming a habit and being addicted to it, which will have an effect on his lungs and health and increase the chances of him having lung cancer.

Rauhl
09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
well i used to smoke if u got good willpower and can believe u can quit then its easy i used to smoke 10 a day but now i quit

Stab
09-07-2006, 02:09 PM
uh ciggys suck, even rollups
the whole thing sucks
i dont even like to be with my mates when they smoke at parties

Nixt
09-07-2006, 02:20 PM
What exactly is enjoyable about clogging your lungs up with tar?
What is good about doubling your risk of heart disease?
Is it fun to get lung cancer?

Ostinato
09-07-2006, 05:23 PM
What exactly is enjoyable about clogging your lungs up with tar?
What is good about doubling your risk of heart disease?
Is it fun to get lung cancer?

Lol exactly. I don't understand why people enjoying paying to kill themselves?

Fine it may release a wee bitta stress or whatever, but there's other ways to do that which don't eventually kill you off and make you smell and look disgusting.

Oh well... to each his own.

ilovejordan
09-07-2006, 06:39 PM

People like you really annoy me, My uncle was a vegetarian, didnt smoke or drink alcohol and was really healthy. Yet he got lung cancer, it spread and he died. :l

alexxxxx
09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Don't smoke, don't drink. My advice. :P

lbFX
09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Took me about a year to get addicted, so I highly doubt once a week will get you addicted.

Ostinato
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
People like you really annoy me, My uncle was a vegetarian, didnt smoke or drink alcohol and was really healthy. Yet he got lung cancer, it spread and he died. :l

I fail to see how I annoy you. I know fine well that you cannot only get lung cancer due to smoking and that there is many different possible ways in which to get it etc. But statistics have proven that the majority of people with heart problems and whome get lung cancer are smokers, therefore I made a generilsation based on the facts.

Spitz
10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
i smoke, but the first time was like you i was out with friends and i had 1 then i liked it then i learnt to inhale and i was addicted i was a social smoker but now i have them all the time, its a waste of money i regret it. :'(

Alterate
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I smoked for 2 years because I was a little sheep that followed people, but I decided to give up and it didn't phase me at all I suppose I'm strong willed? Most of my friends smoke and when I get a little drunk I get worse about smoking like I physically grab the cigarettes out there mouths and stand on them.

You’re just using the drunken persona to smoke. Why do it? 5 minutes of your life-gone every time you smoke a cigarette, you could have 5 more minutes’ with your children suppose you have them. You might say ''But I could get hit by a bus tomorrow'' least you have a choice to live longer if u don’t smoke, if u get hit by a bus it isn't your choice to live or die.

Ostinato
10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
i smoke, but the first time was like you i was out with friends and i had 1 then i liked it then i learnt to inhale and i was addicted i was a social smoker but now i have them all the time, its a waste of money i regret it. :'(

Learn by example.

stratosphere
10-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Smoking is a disgusting hobby.

deltateamaplha
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
i had bout 1 ciggi every dinnertime for a year n never got addicted :l
it depends on how strong / weak you are to stuff like that.
what i would do is tell your friends you dont want to smoke and ask them to not tempt you in any way, especially when you have a bit of drink.

if they ask why make up an exscuse like someone close to you suffered from something off smoking?
thats right hunny you were not addicted but you had one every lunch time your just like my friend ;)

MBond
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
to be honest smoking has never appealed to me

AdamCookie!
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
After my 2nd cig I wanted more and more.. I wasn't addicted, I guess I just thought it was cool then :|

After about 15-20 I got addicted, here I am now 2 years on smoking 20 a day.. Ugh, DONT START.

Virgin Mary
01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Never tried, I think it's disgusting, if it didn't earn so much money then it'd be a class A drug already.

JonJon
01-08-2006, 11:29 PM
[i dont want to be addicted]

Ye you do, it suits your lifestyle perfectly. ;)

Diablo10
01-08-2006, 11:31 PM
lmao youll probly get addicted and plus who cares you do it every friday

AdamCookie!
01-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Never tried, I think it's disgusting, if it didn't earn so much money then it'd be a class A drug already.

Nosoz, try class Z.

WhatDidIdoNow?
02-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Actually, it's because it's accepted socially that it's not illegal. Of course, the money plays a factor, since the goverment are reluctant to ban something which brings in so much money :p

If you stick to social smoking, you won't get addicted, just make sure you don't de-censorcise yourself to it and smoke when you're sober, because eventually you will get addicted. To whoever said "1 cig can get u addicted!", no, it can't, it took me about 3 weeks to get addicted, and most people I know it took at least a week...

Bielby2ooo
22-04-2008, 04:53 PM
i come back on to get a template i posted

but

I now smoke 20 a day lmao, this thread is so old,

Anyway i use ***** now you can get me there

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!