PDA

View Full Version : Security and free-to- play update - the Stronghold of Security

omgabear
04-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Security

Why not learn how to keep your account secure whilst having fun in game? Now all of our players can, be they members or free players, level 3 to 126. When the Barbarians moved their mining operations to the centre of the village, little did they know that they would unearth the strangest dungeon yet encountered in RuneScape. Haunted by lost spirits which seem to have taken over the doors and infested with beasts never seen before, it makes an adventure and a half simply getting through each of the four levels.

The doors in the area will ask you questions about account security, and the best ways to make your account safe, such as using recovery questions. Take your time to think about the questions they ask and the answers available, and you’ll get through the dungeon in no time at all. Remember their advice, and you can learn a thing or two on the way. After all, secure accounts are the best kind of accounts!

You can find out more about it by picking up a book in your local general store and investigating the first part of the dungeon thoroughly. As well as some new creatures and talking doors you might also pick yourself up a reward or two! Plunder the treasures of the Stronghold of Security (http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2618) to find new boots, a new sceptre, 4 new emotes and a whole heap of golden shiny things. Be aware that like any other dungeon with monsters, if you die you WILL lose your equipment, so come prepared for combat.

The Skull Sceptre looks like the only good thing coming from this update, allowing teleportations to Barbarian Village. The rest looks like an attempt to reduce password scamming.

Pirates

The gates of Mos Le'Harmless have been thrown open!

Players can now explore the whole of the island, and participate in the new minigame, Trouble Brewing. Join a team of brave, bold, and fireproof pirates to brew some bootleg "rum" for fun and profit. Train firemaking and cooking the pirate way! Douse burning pipes with water! Boil flowers for colouring! Get monkeys to fetch nuts from high branches! Rewards on offer include a staggering array of pirate clothing, and for the most dedicated players there are several pirate flags to be had. Players looking to make more of their own brewing will also be interested in one of the other potential rewards, which can help dramatically with your mature ales.

Even Pirates need instructions occasionally, so all the activities and tips on how to play the game are recorded in a helpful manual in game, along with an excellent Knowledge Base report.

Slayer masters have also been informed of the dangerous creatures that roam the island, and will now send players that can access the island after Cave Horrors. Be sure to take a Witchwood Icon and a light with you if you go after these howling beasts, since they're as dangerous as they are ugly. Players that train Slayer might be interested in the masks they wear, as they provide a nice attack bonus when on a slayer task.

We've also released a new random event this month. One of the Camelot beekeepers has a problem - his old beehives have stood around for a long time and they are starting to fall apart. Help him to reassemble the beehives, before you get stung and have to dive into a stream to escape the angry swarm! Bee careful not to get stung...

Looks like decent rewards, though im not that sure about the game itself :), anyway im gonna have a look!

IGlooscap
04-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Anyone else going? :P

:Jamie
04-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Really really easy took me like 5 mins to get to the bottom? Picked the rainbow boots emotes are cool.

micky.blue.eyes
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Yea, it's easy. I like the 'idea' emote. The boots are weak though.
Att: 0 0 0 -3 -1
Def: +3 +2 +1 0 0

Ekalb
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Pretty lame.
No threat to anybody who is above cb50 probably.
Could be a good place for training since the monstors are at progressive levels.
Nice boots though and emotes.

---MAD---
04-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Pretty lame.
No threat to anybody who is above cb50 probably.
Could be a good place for training since the monstors are at progressive levels.
Nice boots though and emotes.
bah. I knew they wouldnt make the f2p good.

Mattx
04-07-2006, 10:27 AM
ill look at it wen im home frm skl... it looks rather lame to me tho ^^

Ekalb
04-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I think the highest level monstors are 84 skeleton ghost things iin the last level, followed by lvl 74 ghosts (I think).
There is also some apparantly cow like monstor who can mage and melee but is only lvl 50
For anyone who wants to know when they go in there.

Lord_Gig
04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm about to go check it out now :]

Dynamical
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Any info on the new slayer monster?

04-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Any info on the new slayer monster?

Its ok the mask is pretty good got this from the forum:

Black masks gathered from the corpses of cave horrors give a couple of bonuses when worn. Firstly, they provide attack and defence bonuses similar to a Salve Amulet when fighting your Slayer assignment. Secondly, the masks contain a spell that can reduce your opponent's Defence by 3-10 levels, regardless of whether they are your Slayer assignment or another player.

Havent had a drop yet :(

Leuven
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Any info on the new skull septre thing?

04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Any info on the new skull septre thing?

CONFIRMED THAT ALL MONSTERS IN THE FLOOR DROP THE SKULL SCEPTRE PIECES SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE
-Left skull half
-Right skull half
-Bottom sceptre half
-top sceptre half
*1 per floor*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

full staff stats:

attack:
stab +0
slash -1
crush +7
mage +4
range +0

defence:
stab +2
slash +3
crush +1
mage +4
range +0

str bonus: +3
pray bonus: +0

*note* all sceptre pieces are UNTRADABLE
ONCE ALL 5 CHARGES ARE USED YOU HAVE TO REGAIN THESE PIECES

got from forum

Leuven
04-07-2006, 12:36 PM
kool.

I think I may try.

Is it easy for a lvl 65 do you think?

04-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Yes its really easy.

Leuven
04-07-2006, 12:44 PM
kool.

i'll give it a go then.

redtom
04-07-2006, 03:13 PM
LMAO easyest 2k of my life (on rs) i went in used portal, took me to the box gift thing opened it i get 2k lol

Stress Free
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I went and i braght all my best armour 2 anti fire pots 2 anti posion and 20 sharks and then i get to the end lol and i have to drop some stuff so i can get the boots my god that was so easy

Victimized
04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Lol i just got 10k by going through 3 portals?!

Leuven
04-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I got all the emotes and three pieces of the septre. Plus the fancy boots :P

micky.blue.eyes
04-07-2006, 05:33 PM
I got all the emotes and the fancy boots. And the 10k ofcourse.
Took like 5 minutes.
Even if you answer a question wrong it let you pass, untill the last door. So I just click on a random answer lol.
Not going to bother getting the scepter, I'll just use my glory to teleport to edgeville.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!