PDA

View Full Version : =NEW SCAM= DRAGON SCAM

kevzta
05-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Right this morning i was in my shop as i normally am. A habbo came in and said ill have them trophies 11hc and a few lodge corners. So as i do i said "offer". He offered a Bronze Dragon showed it and cancelled trade box while i was picking the stuff up... When the trading came along, he put a red dragon in instead. It looks very alike and i was really really close to doing it, i checked habbox for the icons and they both looked very similar. Only way i did find out was that i cancelled trade and asked him to show again and he put the Bronze dragon Back in and i noticed a tiny shade change. All im saying is watch out when you are trading for Bronze Dragons its very easy to be caught out. Stay safe people, watch out for this.

Mc.kevaldo

Markness.
05-07-2006, 12:05 PM
i to have noticed this

*roll your mouse over the dragon in the trade box to check the name

Charlie
05-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Theys quite a few like that, i've had someone put a red pillow in then when i went to trade them they put a red doormat in.

Half of the time people don't look and they just trade as they think the other person will put what they said they would offer in. Its wise to check that you've got what they offered and what you offered so you don't get scammed or anything.

Niall!
05-07-2006, 12:25 PM
lol.... i had a n00b make a mistake... i sed i offer 2 hcs hcs 4 ur red drag he sed k and i put them in box... the little n00b put a bronze drag in and not red 1! i was stunned ;) i didnt know it was bronze till i put it down

Niall!
05-07-2006, 02:03 PM
ah.. it was a red drag.. my mate put 2 reds in each other while i wasnt looking

Edit by smiddy1234 (Forum Modertor) - Please do not double post. Simply wait for someone else to reply.

Vibe
05-07-2006, 02:07 PM
doubt you will get many people doing it. They have to get hold of a bronze dragon 1st

Niall!
05-07-2006, 02:29 PM
i know... habbar rocks!

Tristan
05-07-2006, 02:42 PM
ah.. it was a red drag.. my mate put 2 reds in each other while i wasnt looking

LOL.
It doesn't change colour in the trading box noob. :l

And kevzta it is old news.

Smiddy
05-07-2006, 03:15 PM
i to have noticed this

*roll your mouse over the dragon in the trade box to check the name
Always do the bit in bold. It's the easiest way to make sure you're getting the furniture you want, if 2 icons look very similar.

Niall!
05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
neva seen bronze in trade box ;)

Revivalry
05-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Three people i know got tricked with this when they first came out. Not very funny either. Thanks for the warning though as others probably didn't know this. :P

Homesrfan
06-07-2006, 04:11 AM
I have no idea why habbo made those look so similar... really stupid tbh.

Yeah, but its not exactly 'new' but still thanks. :D

jojoandme
06-07-2006, 04:35 AM
All you do is scroll the mouse point over the item you wanna know what it is called and it will show up just beside the check box.

holo-jonny
06-07-2006, 07:15 PM
This scam is old.
Thread Closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!