PDA

View Full Version : Kpls who is more clever

brodeo
05-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Yesum
Got an 8a in his sats maths
Got a 7c in his science

Kme
Got an 8b in my maths a year early (in year 8) he says your not allowed to take them a year early someone proove him wrong
Got a 7c in my science
In NAGTY, that gifted and talented youths thing
Taking German GSCE a year early
Taking Maths GSCE a year early

pls we're having an arguement someone tell me

Dirgeofcerberus
05-07-2006, 08:26 PM
By the sounds of it, you are smarter.
But I notice how you've put loads about yourself and not a lot about Yesum, he could have done a lot more things as well which would make him look/sound smarter. To be honest, you cannot tell.

On writing, you might look smarter, but then if you did something like the exact same test or something and he beat you, he would be smarter. So you simply cannot tell.

brodeo
05-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I invite him to contribute to this thead :)

Mitch4?
05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
i'm not saying you're smarter or dumber than me.
I'm just saying that you can't take Sat's earlier, Seriously.

I've checked like one million sites. Some of them by the goverment and most of them say you can't take in year 8

Look

www.google.com
Search Year 8 Maths Sats

I think it's the 6th one which gives you an FAQ

brodeo
05-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Somebody tell him you can take your maths sats in year 8!

bowrox
05-07-2006, 08:54 PM
sorry, but you can't :P

You can only do that with GCSE's :P

Mitch4?
05-07-2006, 09:10 PM
See marcus :> Now do you believe me? :) Were you confused and thought you were n year 8? Lol

Uwe
05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
-nevermind; it was me being an idiot-

Mentor
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Sats arnt qualifactions, there standardised government tests to judge the intelligence of the contrary by age group, It would kinda defeat the point and make the stastictics useless if people took em early lol. And its not like they have any effect on your education realy anyway "/

ps. Educational based subjects and internals can be taken early, alot of schools intentionally get studants to take some exsams a year early just to lower the year 11 work loads? its very common "/

brodeo
06-07-2006, 02:12 PM
You can take your maths sats in year 8! That's why you take the GSCE course early - it would be impossible to complete it within a year so everything has to be bumped up.

It seems to me you told bowrox to say that, seeing as its an exact quote of what you said. It is possible..

bowrox
06-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I wasn't told by anyone to say it.

And people who complete it in a year, can only do this because they are so clever.

Polly-alyssa
06-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Yh u cn take ks3 sats a year early i did

Azul
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I am. ..

Bear-Max
06-07-2006, 05:09 PM
There's absolutely no point (and no way of) taking official SATs a year early. You may have taken mocks early or internal examinations, but official SATs... no. GCSEs are qualifications and are not restricted to any particular age group, so they can be taken early.

And it is possible to do all the work for a GCSE in one year. I did Law in year 10.

bowrox
06-07-2006, 07:05 PM
You can't take KS3 SAT's a year early :P

It would defeat the point of them :P

StripedTiger
06-07-2006, 07:42 PM
im proberbly say the second person.

but it isnt about how much they know.. its how fast they learn id say?

Mitch4?
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Lol, :) Told you marcus, Even if you had the brain of einstein, he'd still do sats in year 9. They are to test you on a particualr age. GCSE's are meant to be for Grades, not for teachers to know how well you're doing.

FlyingJesus
06-07-2006, 08:53 PM
As a side point I'd like to mention that SATs are worthless, and schools only encourage you to revise and such for them because they get a better score in the school league tables if you do well.

dirrty
06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
You can take SATS every year. Its optional for schools to do it but have to do it in Year 2, 6 and 9.

iluvben
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Sorry but one test doesn't mean anything and how do you know you even did the same test , anyway the first person is obviously cleverer , he got 8b and the other got 8c , age doesn't matter ;s yessums is smarter.

bowrox
06-07-2006, 09:49 PM
As a side point I'd like to mention that SATs are worthless, and schools only encourage you to revise and such for them because they get a better score in the school league tables if you do well.

Not really, because if you don't do well in them, you may be put in a lower set which can affect your learning. And if you do bad on purpose in the KS3 SAT's then you could end up doing the intermediate GCSE instead of Higher because you have not had the chance to learn as much due to you being in a lower set.

brodeo
12-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry but one test doesn't mean anything and how do you know you even did the same test , anyway the first person is obviously cleverer , he got 8b and the other got 8c , age doesn't matter ;s yessums is smarter.

A part from the fact i took my maths SAT in year 8 and i've been doing Maths GCSE all year?

iluvben
12-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Yea hes still smarter atm , you're just a quicker learner , doesn't make you smarter though does it ;s

Mentor
12-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Yea hes still smarter atm , you're just a quicker learner , doesn't make you smarter though does it ;s
What are you on about? Smart means the abilty to learn, smart means you learn faster. Its got nothing to do with how much you know "/. A smart person who has never had any form of education may not know as much as dumb person who has, but there still smarter "/

iluvben
13-07-2006, 06:21 PM
So , its still not yessums fault he hasn't started that work its the schools fault , doesn't make marcuz smarter.

Mentor
13-07-2006, 06:37 PM
No one ever clamed it did, Sats aint IQ tests, there to test how well people are being taught, knowlage is tested not how smart someone is or there interligence "/

iluvben
13-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Well what is knowledge tested on then if it isn't tested on intelligence ;s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!