PDA

View Full Version : smoking

ramjet
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
man i found out today my m8 (whos 12 like me) has started smoking. i fink its really stupid and he absoloutly stinx! wot do u think.

r u for or aginst it?

u no my vote!!

Ciaran
01-02-2005, 07:31 PM
If people want to kill themselfs its a good idea, there is nothing wrong with trying it just tell him if he doesnt quit... by the time he is 18 he cant reverse the effects of it

Ryan
01-02-2005, 07:34 PM
dull my mother smokes an when i complain about it killin her she shouts at me

ramjet
01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
its gd to see you all agree

im gonna add i smoke 20 a day to the poll i think

Butcher11
01-02-2005, 08:53 PM
I smoke quite a bit(though not as much as before) and I think that although it puts my mind off other stuff, if people had brains they wouldn't start (yeah I'm insulting myself)

8Marcus8
01-02-2005, 09:17 PM
i am of a young age and even though i used to snoke i do not agree on it, but if it is legal then people can do what they want :p I quitted when i realised the effects.

ramjet
01-02-2005, 10:34 PM
really? how old were u wen u started and was it hard to give up? o and did u get in any trubble about it

edit: oh yeh i remember y it makes me mad at him too - well he was on the books at aston villa and l8er birmingham city hes really gd at sports and hes thrown it all away!! i think hell give up when his parents find out there alreddy mad at him coz he aint very well behaved like settin fire to a skool bin 4 instance

Butcher11
02-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I started when i was 12, maybe 13, and it's the toughest thing in the world to quit :(

lil:quizical:quigly
02-02-2005, 08:53 PM
No I dont smoke, I find it disgusting, also makes you smell, and makes your breath smell worse.

Michael.
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
They're an R.I.P. Off!

Maybe you should have a look at our NHS Stop Smoking (http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/) site Butcher. It gives a few facts...

lil:quizical:quigly
02-02-2005, 09:09 PM
They're an R.I.P. Off!

Maybe you should have a look at our NHS Stop Smoking (http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/) site Butcher. It gives a few facts...

Haha, nice pun. Any ways ya there so much, where I live its seven bucks for a pack of 20. I dont really hang around smokers because they will just drag me into it. :(

la-ur-en
03-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I hate the idea of smoking, i tryed to make my mum stop, i told her about all the hazards, and even although she has cut down, it is still not good enough... Also, smokers are selfish, they think they can just smoke where ever they want, or when ever they want, even if it is around non-smokers, if us non-smokers wanted to have the scent of smoke we would start smoking, or if we decided that killing ourselfs quicker than average, we would ALSO start smoking, people don't smoke for a reason, and passive smoking also increases your chance of getting lung cancer... I don't have a problem if others smoke, hey its there body, they can do whatever they like with it, but when it comes to smoking around me, i cant stand it, and either i tell them to put it out, or they leave, or if they don't do either, then i will leave, and leave the alone...

Rarelime
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Smoking is disgusting fullstop. Personally i think it should be banned in all public places. The reason why i hate it is because of my dads past senarios of smoking ie heart attacks etc... and it has made him see that it is a waste of money and it is.

BlackGarden
03-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I hate smoke and I hate it when people smoke around me. Fortunately those of my friends who do smoke know that I hate it and make sure the wind won't blow the smoke towards me.

Also... a friend of mine got a tumour the year before last... it wasn't cancerous, but she was told that the only way she could have got it was smoking. She has NEVER smoked herself, but she spent a lot of time in pubs, around people who smoked, so the doctors concluded that she developed the tumour due to second hand smoke. She had to spend several weeks in hospital having the tumour removed because it was heading up towards her eye and risked blinding her.

If people want to ruin their own health, that's their choice, but they should really consider the effects on those around them. BAN SMOKING IN PUBLIC!

Jane
03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Smoking is vile and I am totally against it. The worst part is that the smokers are not only harming theirselves but other people around them with second-hand smoke.

8Marcus8
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
really? how old were u wen u started and was it hard to give up? o and did u get in any trubble about it

edit: oh yeh i remember y it makes me mad at him too - well he was on the books at aston villa and l8er birmingham city hes really gd at sports and hes thrown it all away!! i think hell give up when his parents find out there alreddy mad at him coz he aint very well behaved like settin fire to a skool bin 4 instance

i started at 12 :s my sister smoked and so did most of her mates, i dont know what made me. . . Anyways we had this lesson at skewl and we went onto this site 100 facts about smokin + pictures, enuff to make you stop drinking for life too :S

Dave,
03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I hate it and I hate being around smokers. Also I hate people who smoke in the toilets at school, when they come out they stink of *wee* and ****, it makes me sick.

8Marcus8
03-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Haha, nice pun. Any ways ya there so much, where I live its seven bucks for a pack of 20. I dont really hang around smokers because they will just drag me into it. :(

People make smokers out to be bad people which they are not! Are you saying i am a bad person? Are you sayinbg the shopkeeper from the shop u buy ur chocolate at is a bad person? Are you saying ur auntie mable is a bad person? :eusa_snoo
And FYI smokers dont shuv a *** in ur mouth and make u smoke it, u choose to take that drag. . .

Fingerboots
03-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I personally despise smoking. The smell of it just makes me feel sick, its rotten. However, its your own decision to smoke I just think it's stupid myself. Cancer Stick.
Ugh, bad bad bad.

Butcher11
03-02-2005, 11:41 PM
I do not smoke around my non-smoking mates, for I know how mch people hate second-hand smoke. And Woddeh that was a nice site, and I'm trying, slowly to quit. :D Just slowly but steadily, as I could go through pack a day :@

People make smokers out to be bad people which they are not! Are you saying i am a bad person? Are you sayinbg the shopkeeper from the shop u buy ur chocolate at is a bad person? Are you saying ur auntie mable is a bad person? :eusa_snoo
And FYI smokers dont shuv a *** in ur mouth and make u smoke it, u choose to take that drag. . .

Well said :) We aren't bad people lol, just messed up ones.

Fingerboots
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Glad that you're trying to give up anyway. ^^
Yeah, not all smokers are bad, it doesn't change their personality or anything.

Matty
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
My m8 smokes, He Stinks, He's Gut Funny Teeth,
Worse Still He's Got asthma [ Spelt right? ]
He's gunna die rate hes going.

ttranquility.
04-02-2005, 12:42 AM
If people want to kill themselfs its a good idea, there is nothing wrong with trying it just tell him if he doesnt quit... by the time he is 18 he cant reverse the effects of it

thats so true,my mom started smokeing when she was 16 :\ and still is today. And she trys to quit . But once youv'e started.. and youv'e been smokeing for so long. You cant really quit. :(

Chillzy
04-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Smoking is banned in all public spaces where i live :D

ramjet
04-02-2005, 11:51 AM
well its good to see all u share my view and to butch and any1 else quittin gd luck im gonna do smoking part 2 poll now so check that out too

8Marcus8
04-02-2005, 06:01 PM
ach sum people just dont undastand!

.mcgovlau.
05-02-2005, 01:51 PM
I started when i was 12, maybe 13, and it's the toughest thing in the world to quit :(
:o:( im shocked....the patch? my friend molly used it and it worked, shes been addicted to like everything at one point, she really messed up her life, but shes good now

Butcher11
05-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Never tried it, my best friend tried it and he said it didn't help at all. And I had 1 less today then yesterday

Simonac55
05-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Nope I totally don't agree with it. But once you're to it, the nicotine affects ur nerve system and creates a dependance. The nicotine is not dangerous it's the smoke. That's why it's so hard to quit but I hope for those people that they will quit one day.

Jacko2kn3
05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
It's the tar in cigarette's that is dangerous, but isn't nicotine a poison?

Nicotine is dangerous because it gets some people addicted.

Michael.
05-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Nicotine's a drug.

Oh yeah, and ages ago, I had to do some science homework on passive smoking. This is a list of substances (and their uses) that people breathe in from the smoke.

Acetone - Nail polish remover
Acetic Acid - Vinegar
Aluminum - Metal
Ammonia - Floor and toilet cleaner
Arsenic - Rat poison
Benzene - Industrial solvent
Benzopyrene - Diesel exhaust fume
Butane - Cigarette lighter fluid
Cadmium - Rechargeable batteries
Copper - Electric wiring
Carbon Monoxide - Car exhaust fume
DDT - Insecticide
Dieldrin - Insecticide
Formaldehyde - Preservative for dead bodies, wood, & fabrics
Hexamine - Barbecue lighter
Hydrogen Cyanide - Gas chamber poison
Lead - Fishing sinkers
Magnesium - Flares
Methane - Swamp gas
Methanol - Rocket and car fuel
Naphthalene - Moth balls
Nicotine - Insecticide and addictive drug in tobacco
Nitrobenzene - Petrol additive
Nitrous Oxide Phenols - Disinfectant
Polonium 210 - Radioactive compound
Silicon - Computer chips
Silver - Jewellery
Stearic Acid - Candle wax
Titanium - Aeroplanes and missiles
Toluene - Industrial solvent
Vinyl Chloride - Raw material to make plastic
Zinc - Metal, in coins

Wanna quit now?

GommeInc
05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I would rather have someone break my neck or slit my own wrist before I slowly kill myself smoking!

hellzfrost
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM
My Dad smokes and I do get worried about him because he's continualy coughing and my Grandad died of Lung Cancer :'(
Never Smoke ! Smokers Die Young !

Fingerboots
06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Ugh, there were these group of guys walking home and they were practically boasting "Yeah, I started smoking when I was 9!".. How can you be proud of that?
:S They'd be lucky if they made it to their 21st Birthday I reckon.

NOTTSPANTHER
06-02-2005, 01:26 PM
iv bin smokin since i was 12 and since lastsaterday i started coughin real bad and now i stopt smokin jus like that :)

caz08
06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Its horrible eugh

Mit
06-02-2005, 06:26 PM
i hate smoking it aint cool and man how r u meant to play sports. i wanna be able to play sports when im older and i cant if i smoke

Escalabar
06-02-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm 17 and have been smoking since I was 15 - But last week I gave up and have so far been succesful.

I do agree that smoking is awful if you don't smoke because I feel that way now that I have given up. But when you are a smoker you don't think about others around you. You just think about feeding your nicoteine addiction.

To all you smokers out there - Give up! Because you feel much better about yourself both mentally and phsyically if you do.

:)

Corey777
07-02-2005, 12:44 AM
I have been smoking since I was 12. Not heavy or anything. Once a day max.
Kinda weird hearing non-smokers opinions. Smokers dont smoke to be "cool" you know :P. And yeah, I experience that from some people all the time. "Omg, your so bad" Its an addiction. It tastes good. It takes some stress off you. On the downside, It kills you ;).

ramjet
07-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Smokers dont smoke to be "cool" you know :P

I think my m8 started coz of dat he has lots of frends upper on in skool who r only his frend because hes done things like start fires. i think he's stopping now tho.

Fingerboots
07-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Smokers dont smoke to be "cool" you know :P
Large amounts do.

Corey777
07-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Large amounts do.
Most of the time, a friend will offer you one. You have it, you like it, you continue doing it. I don't see why you would think smoking would make you "cooler"

Jacko2kn3
07-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree with Dark, many people think they are cool because they smoke.

Fingerboots
07-02-2005, 09:42 PM
You don't think so? Why do so many answer me when I ask with "I smoke because I'm cool".. Thanks Jackoooo

P@ND@
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
I tried it once, few weeks ago.
No taste good, trown it away.
And puked alot =/
Kids, never try it. One heck of an adivce.
You don't want to be liek the other kids in my school
Great athletes and now I'am even faster then them :o
RUN PANDA! RUN!

Fingerboots
07-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I just found at my sister used to smoke, only stopped since she's been visiting. ;(

ramjet
07-02-2005, 10:43 PM
RUN PANDA! RUN!

good old panda and dark u seemed to be posting more than any1 here. my sisiter smokes to but aint sin her in awhile think shes quittin coz she cant afford it. she coming home soon ill ask her. :D

Escalabar
08-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Yes, some people do smoke and think they are cool doing it. But a majority of them do not. Once you start smoking, you do it just to be cool and think that

"oh dont worry, I'm only gona' smoke till I don't hang around with these lot, maybe when I leave school?"

But it doesn't work like that. As we all know smoking is very addictive and you may think you will be able to stop yourself but trust me, you can't.

I am lucky enough to have quit smoking after 2 and a half years of smoking lots a day. It was stupid of me and I have realised that now, because yes, I did start just to fit in with the crowd and act "cool". But you know what? The cool thing to do is to stop... but the even cooler thing... is to not start in the first place...

Because lets be honest... what is cool? Staying alive longer, or dieing at an early age for trying to fit in with the crowd?

Think about it...

Corey777
08-02-2005, 02:17 AM
You don't think so? Why do so many answer me when I ask with "I smoke because I'm cool".. Thanks Jackoooo
Perhaps it is different where you live?
Where I live (Toronto, Canada.), you don't get many kids that go around saying, "Ohh yeah, I just do it to be cool and hang and fit in."

Its mainly whether you like it ... or not.

ramjet
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Perhaps it is different where you live?
Where I live (Toronto, Canada.), you don't get many kids that go around saying, "Ohh yeah, I just do it to be cool and hang and fit in."

Its mainly whether you like it ... or not.
i dont think anyone would go round saying that coz they think there being cool and rebelious most of the time

-Soro-
08-02-2005, 06:50 PM
It's not whether you like it or not, it's whether you're addicted or not.

Liking something and being addicted to something is totally different. Smokers are addicted, and don't like smoking. No smoker I know wants to smoke, but they do because of the addiction.

Fingerboots
08-02-2005, 06:52 PM
It's not whether you like it or not, it's whether you're addicted or not.

Liking something and being addicted to something is totally different. Smokers are addicted, and don't like smoking. No smoker I know wants to smoke, but they do because of the addiction.
I agree completely. However, there are the exceptions.

lukeisok
08-02-2005, 06:53 PM
I Do Not Smoke And Never Will :)

ramjet
08-02-2005, 07:06 PM
I Do Not Smoke And Never Will :)
u think that but it is a hard promise to keep

lukeisok
08-02-2005, 07:19 PM
No,

I Hate Smoke,

And It Makes Me Sick.

I will keepmy promise :)

G-flow
08-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Some of my friends have been smoking since they were ten -.- , stupid idea

ramjet
08-02-2005, 07:24 PM
get this (thx to frobberwob for this)

if sum1 smokes for 30 yrs, if they had not spent money on **** they would have enuff money to buy a ferrari!!!

jesus
08-02-2005, 07:37 PM
my friends have just started smoking weed. I am not going to touch the stuff but they are still my friends so I will stick by them whatever happens

ramjet
08-02-2005, 07:42 PM
have u told them how stupid that is? well it could be worse canabis isnt the most dangerous drug and sum say it may be safer than tobacco but i say its just stupid

Fingerboots
08-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Mm, some of my friends smoke weed. :(
Apparently is smoking was completely banned it would be a Class A drug.

Pulchritudinous
08-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh well, it's their life.

jesus
08-02-2005, 08:09 PM
i just leave them to do it. I know it's stupid. I was going to try but I didnt want to get addicted and also, if i didnt get addicted, it will be jaunting me for the rest of my life that i have tried it.

ramjet
08-02-2005, 08:15 PM
you were rite not to try well done

jesus
08-02-2005, 08:23 PM
i really dont want to and they wont make me. My other friend is in the same situation as me, but he paid for some and didnt have it.

ramjet
08-02-2005, 08:44 PM
r they pressurizing you to smoke it

jesus
08-02-2005, 08:46 PM
not at all.

ramjet
08-02-2005, 09:25 PM
well at least they are mates then

Mined
08-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Smoking is disgusting.

G-flow
08-02-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah, I dont think you could get addicted to weed btw

Corey777
08-02-2005, 10:06 PM
It is possible, but it is very uncommon in most cases.

Mentor
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
smokeing is mainly done by
1. sad people trying to be "cool"
2. people who were around when its effecst were not known and are now adicted.

Most people try it once just becuse everyone else does, to me that just shows alot of people are pretty week minded.
Ive never done it and never will, i consider it pretty stupid.

GommeInc
08-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Kill me now, if I was addicted

Fingerboots
09-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Mentally addictive, not physically. :P

ramjet
09-02-2005, 05:30 PM
im amazed how many replies this has had its amazing my most popular post ever ;)

Butcher11
09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Ugh, there were these group of guys walking home and they were practically boasting "Yeah, I started smoking when I was 9!".. How can you be proud of that?
:S They'd be lucky if they made it to their 21st Birthday I reckon.

Well that's 12 years or so they'd be dead?
I've been for 5 and I ain't dying yet.
And also, I have barely noticed me being less physically able, I still play baseball and football(American)
And I'm surprised at the complete negativity of most forum members to us smokers :@ Every other thread is saying that we're all dumb and stupid and have bad motives. :rolleyes:

And Marcus, earlier you said there was a site that showed facts to make you stop, happen to remember it, I've looked all around, and sites people say are gross eneough to make you stop, none of them even make me consider it, although I'm getting into the process of lowering my daily amount.

ramjet
09-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Well that's 12 years or so they'd be dead?
I've been for 5 and I ain't dying yet.
And also, I have barely noticed me being less physically able, I still play baseball and football(American)
And I'm surprised at the complete negativity of most forum members to us smokers :@ Every other thread is saying that we're all dumb and stupid and have bad motives. :rolleyes:

And Marcus, earlier you said there was a site that showed facts to make you stop, happen to remember it, I've looked all around, and sites people say are gross eneough to make you stop, none of them even make me consider it, although I'm getting into the process of lowering my daily amount.
i think slowing lowering ur cigarettes is a better way to quit than just suddenly try to stop gd luck!!

JackHb
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
one of my good mates smokes! he is addicted to it! he stinks of it!
i only have llike one now and again if iam out with him or summin
but tht is only like once a month.lol
but i would not get addicted to it , as it wastes all ur money and makes u smell
but i dont mind ppl who smoke as its there choice

jesus
11-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Don't you get addicted?

Seacat
11-02-2005, 06:12 PM
I think its a bad idea as it costs lots of money if you get addicted bad and takes about 15 years off your life expectancy :( that means if you was going to live until you was 90 and you smoked, you would probably live until about 75 :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!