PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing For DS

scambuster92
08-07-2006, 10:22 AM
How do you get on the internet? can some one please tell me?

brandon
08-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I have a wireless connection, will I need the Wifi Dongle and how do I set up my connection and get a Friend Code?

Ok, taking into consideration you have a wireless connection, you will not need to purchase any form of USB Wifi to insert into your computer. On Animal Crossing, go up to your town's gate. Speak to the animal on the right, called Copper. Select, Friend Code. At first you will fail to recieve a friend code, this is because you have not set up your wifi connection yet. Copper will ask you whether or not you would like to go to Wifi Settings to set up your connection, say yes. On Wifi Connection, Search for an access point. Once you have found your wireless network listed click it, if you cannot find it, check your network settings, and whether you are in reach of your wireless connection. Once you have clicked your connection, you will test the connection. Regarding that it works, you will be now taken to the Animal Crossing game, go up to Copper, and be set up a friend code.

How do I go to my friends town? Can I go to his town at anytime? Help!

Ok, to go to your friends town, you must both me online. And have added each other to your 'friend rosters'. Once you both have a connection, to go to your friends town, your friend will have to have gone up to Copper, and Copper will check for his wireless connections, and open their towns gates, regarding you have added your friend to the roster properly, approach Copper and click 'I want to go out' and 'Nintendo WFC' he will then search, once he has found your friends town it will come upon a list you will see, click it and go to your friends town, and he will make some preperations, should everything go sucessful you will arrive at your friends town. This works vise versa when your friend is coming to your town.

I added my friend to the roster, but when I try to go to his town, the list of towns you can visit is blank?

This could be for a number of reasons, either your friend isn't online and doesn't have his gate open. Or that you haven't added each other to your friend rosters properly. Please note that you must enter your friends AC name and town, case sensitive and that the code must be 100% accurate.

When I test my connection it's fine, but It doesn't work on Nintendo WFC?
Check the DHCP and DNS settings of your Nintendo DS with the IP settings of your computer to verify these are entered correctly. Once you have completed the required adjustments, retry your connection test.
I can connect to acess point, but not server?

If you are getting the server error, it's possible that the Nintedo WFC server could be down, It's also possible you may need to enter the Primary and Secondary DNS information from your router settings in the Manual Setup screen of the Nintendo DS.

I wrote that ages ago for a little test site I made.

scambuster92
08-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks Mate :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!