PDA

View Full Version : Throne Catalog Rumor: To clear it up...

billyk
09-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I have been hearing this lately and I really needed to clear it up. The throne will not come into the catalog and never will. People are makign up the rumor that the throne is going to be in the catalog because it is losing value. These people are the reason why the value of the throne, and many supers drop.
Why?
These people buy the throne for the sole reason of selling it for profit. So, why does this drop the price of the throne? So many people are buying them for about 28hc and trying to sell them for 30 that everyone starts buying them for 28, and cannot sell them for 30. Then, these people sell them for 28 just to get their hcs back, then they buy thrones for 27 and try to sell them for 29. They cannot, so they sell them for 27, then buy for 26 and try to sell for 28 ETC. This
keeps going until the throne drops so much, stupid noobs make up rumors like:
OMG THRONE IS COMING IN CATALOG BCUZ HABBOX SAYS ITS GOING DOWN. This is not the case. Common sense points the blame at idiotic traders who use the throne to manipulate people.
This is the same thing with silver dragons. Habbox said they were 17t, so people bought for 15t and tried to sell for 16, didnt work, bought for 14t and tried to sell for 15.. didnt work. This kept going, and now they are worth about 6t.
So no, the throne IS NOT coming and to the catalog and never will (besides that accident in 04).
This statement was also made by dionysus back in october 2005. He put the throne in the resurrected rare voting as a joke to scare traders, saying the throne will never come out.

Smurtz
09-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for this ;).

Mattx
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
well said ^^

Barmi
09-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Precisely. :)

Although, I was under the assumption that:
Throne was becoming so valued and wanted that people were prepared to offer more for it, thus price rises. Some dipstick decides that he does not want to buy a Throne for 28HCs, and is finding it difficult to buy one for less than that, so he spreads a rumour to his friends that the Throne will be released.

All it takes is for a few friends to believe that person, and they start spreading the rumour too. The price of Thrones comes down, that person buys all the Thrones he wants, and is happy. Then, they wait for the price to soar back up, and sell them off at the price the originally refused to buy them at.

Either theory would work (the one you stated, or the one I've just stated), but the fact is that it's down to some idiot spreading a rumour. What you said is right billy, because Sulake and Habbo Staff know that the Throne (along with Habbo Club sofas) form the basis for the UK Hotel's trading. Unless Sulake Group and Habbo Ltd. go under new ownership, the Throne will not be released. (Or of course another accident happens.) +Rep Billy.

jackass
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks billy. But Thrones may come out in the catalouge by accident ;)

Niall!
09-07-2006, 03:44 PM
they will never release it.. just like they wont release the samovar and holopod.. they r speacial rares

jackass
09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
they will never release it.. just like they wont release the samovar and holopod.. they r speacial rares

thanks billy, but it may be realeased by accident

:D :D :D

Niall!
09-07-2006, 03:53 PM
hm.. ive seen random rares in the cat b4 i wont deny it :)

Markness.
09-07-2006, 03:57 PM
there is a very very VERY small chance of the throne being released by accident

it happened once, it could [but probably wont] happen again

asher_
09-07-2006, 05:30 PM
i sell ma thronez on ebay 4 irl moneh

billyk
09-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks billy. But Thrones may come out in the catalouge by accident ;)
This is not related to the lowering values of thrones. People cannot predict accidents, hence the name "accident".

You
09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
If the thrones comes out so be it? Not the end of the world.

asher_
09-07-2006, 07:43 PM
uhhhhhhhh it wil b cos il commit suicide coz thronez wil wreck tradin 4eva

You
09-07-2006, 07:50 PM
who cares lyk?

Markness.
09-07-2006, 09:43 PM
yeah, we do have a thing called 'reality'

asher_
09-07-2006, 09:46 PM
who cares lyk?

thx marc.... i no u wud be der @ ma funeral (K)(L)

asher_
09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
yeah, we do have a thing called 'reality'

I second that, but for some people Habbo is their reality. Scary? I think so.

Sapphire007.
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Who knows? Dionysus has left he can't control what is sold and not sold.

Mitch4?
10-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Knew it all but now everyone knows :D +rep

foxyfox00
10-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Habbo is a game.... you need to understand the difference between the internet and the real world.

Dripless
10-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Habbo make a lot of promises about if things do or dont come out, or where and when they come out. Like the parasols problem one (or two) summers ago.

It would be a laugh to see what happens if the throne does get released I guess, see how many rare traders say that their lives are over.

Deiondre
10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I want the Throne to be released, I have 2 but I like them so I would buy more

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!