PDA

View Full Version : Gaining trust. (RANTK.)

infatuation
09-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Before you go moving threads, it IS related to runescape.
It's stupid, how in this section think they are trusted and all, and they say stuff eg;
I'm very trusted, I've been here forever, and have high rep and posts.

Uhh, hello!? Since when does reputation matter? YOU CAN BUY THAT. And posts aswell? I mean wth, You see someone with 5K+'s Posts, you think they're trusted.. It's actually a bunch of spam, and then they scam you.

Recently someone who was VERY trusted by members, scammed someone, and I think it's unfair because that least trusted person will have no way of proving the famous all trusted person back.

K, that's my rant.

omgabear
09-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Very well said, to get a rep you need to have been here a while and well known. Dan (lego) is a brilliant example.

Ive gained all my trust (except 15 points) via people giving me it. mainly for animations, and its kinda annoying how someone can easily phone in or whatever and buy x10 that no problems :(

Ho-Yin
09-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Yeh but habbox probably doesnt care about a small minority eg runescape forums about trust... making money is probably a more important priority. They need to make money to fund the site, without it, there wouldnt be habbox... even though they get money from being a habbox membership... probably not enough...

No offence though...

Bold means, that im just guessing so dont take it serious... thanks

On the otherhand, I agree that its unfair that some people worked hard for reputations where some rich kid can buy their way to trust on runescape forums... I could buy it, but you would look better if you actually earned it... and you would feel better...

Before you trust anyone, this is my advice, treat everyone the same, and only trade with them if the majority vote them as good... and if you are new to the forums and wanting to trade with a high profile guy, it is recommended that you film the transaction to prevent them scamming other people in the future... thanks

ssricky
10-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Very well said, to get a rep you need to have been here a while and well known. Dan (lego) is a brilliant example.

Ive gained all my trust (except 15 points) via people giving me it. mainly for animations, and its kinda annoying how someone can easily phone in or whatever and buy x10 that no problems :(
i earned all my rep and still did what i did. dont matter about rep and all that . its all in a persons own self judgement of others if they choose to take the risk or not

infatuation
10-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Yeh but habbox probably doesnt care about a small minority eg runescape forums about trust... making money is probably a more important priority. They need to make money to fund the site, without it, there wouldnt be habbox... even though they get money from being a habbox membership... probably not enough...

No offence though...

Bold means, that im just guessing so dont take it serious... thanks

On the otherhand, I agree that its unfair that some people worked hard for reputations where some rich kid can buy their way to trust on runescape forums... I could buy it, but you would look better if you actually earned it... and you would feel better...

Before you trust anyone, this is my advice, treat everyone the same, and only trade with them if the majority vote them as good... and if you are new to the forums and wanting to trade with a high profile guy, it is recommended that you film the transaction to prevent them scamming other people in the future... thanks

And to make their money they usually don't allow people to express their own opinions, especially staff. A few staff we're fired from what I've heard.

Edit;
There's also another way to scam/hack.
trusting people.
I've known to trust more than I should have before, I lost quite a few items trusting someone.. Someone else on this forum trusted someone, and he lost about 5M+ worth. It's kinda unfair if you care more about pixels, than internet (or real.) friends.

Slixor
10-07-2006, 12:25 AM
ive ernt trust form doing succesfull trades

crans
10-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Personally you can't trust someone without finding out yourself, or knowing them.

Flaunte
10-07-2006, 03:42 AM
I agree, i got scammed by a staff member (1337-spiduh.) and he knows he scammed me, he just denies it.

Golden.Hawk
10-07-2006, 09:04 AM
some people earn there trust from successfull trades with no scamming but well they say they do lol and maybe get there mate to say hes trusted on thee post :P we never know if they are really trusted untill we trade them, but i do have to say the people that i have trusted have never scammed me so i say thank you to you all, i cant remember all ur names lol i no slixor is one :P twice i gotmembers code from him

ssricky
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
some people earn there trust from successfull trades with no scamming but well they say they do lol and maybe get there mate to say hes trusted on thee post :P we never know if they are really trusted untill we trade them, but i do have to say the people that i have trusted have never scammed me so i say thank you to you all, i cant remember all ur names lol i no slixor is one :P twice i gotmembers code from him
stil dont matter i did multiple trades with others going first and i was one of the top trusted people here it still dont matter people do stupid things at times and you cant really trust someone you dont really know. Even so doing trades like this is against the runescape rules so it is still your own fault for getting scammed and like jagex says in the rules if you get banned or scammed its your own fault and you deserve the punishment

Overate
10-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Nobody trusts me anyway, even though i have never scammed. I just do both doning habbo for rs. I think its cheater. I cant believe bielby would do such a thing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!