PDA

View Full Version : How can people get hacked? [Rant]

omgabear
11-07-2006, 06:27 AM
I hear it alot on this forum and alot on RuneScape.
"I got hacked, they took all my stuff"

How is it so hard to keep your password safe? Ive had the same one for 2 years on and off different accounts. My recoveries hasnt changed... nothing.

Is it to hard to NOT give your password out on different sites, is it to hard to make it DIFFICULT to guess?

Please dont say keyloggers are the main reason people get hacked. But fact of the matter is that people can only detain a keylogger is if they download a file, it seems very simple, get a good virus protector that blocks keyloggers, or DONT DOWNLOAD SUSPICOUS FILES (Autoers, stat changers, add-ons for runescape fan sites).

If you get hacked, dont blame the hacker blame yourself for not keeping it safe.

End Rant.

Royksopp
11-07-2006, 06:29 AM
i have got to admit thats a good rant ^_^ and you have a good point too + rep

omgabear
11-07-2006, 06:31 AM
i have got to admit thats a good rant ^_^ and you have a good point too + rep

I expected the exact opposite of that response :p

Royksopp
11-07-2006, 06:32 AM
i am the oppasite of what people think but its your oppinion you allowed to state it?

/Rossco\
11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
i'm teh same as you, i use teh same password over and over and i've NEVER been hacked in however amny years i've been using the same passwords.

Rashelly
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
I agree, and on runescape...It's hard to lose anything if you have a BANK PIN, so if you do lose everything - it's your own fault for not having one.

Golden.Hawk
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
cant argue with any of that mate

Ashley 12344
11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
bank pins are useless without recoveries.

if they change your pass and wait for bank pin to cancel.

And keyloggers are a main reason, along with account sharing and using the same password on other sites.

raspberrys
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I agree with that, and because runescape is java based, its hard to get a pass from it.

Other sites though that you can stay logged in, which keep your cookies, you can be easily hacked on. All you have to do is visit a page accidently, and you can be cookie grabbed, meaning the person can search through your cookies for that password for that site, and can hack you.

But more to the point, you CANT be hacked, like you said, on runescape without giving your password out.

+rep to you.

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to omgabear again.

I'll give you some later.

Lord_Gig
11-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I hear it alot on this forum and alot on RuneScape.
"I got hacked, they took all my stuff"

How is it so hard to keep your password safe? Ive had the same one for 2 years on and off different accounts. My recoveries hasnt changed... nothing.

Is it to hard to NOT give your password out on different sites, is it to hard to make it DIFFICULT to guess?

Please dont say keyloggers are the main reason people get hacked. But fact of the matter is that people can only detain a keylogger is if they download a file, it seems very simple, get a good virus protector that blocks keyloggers, or DONT DOWNLOAD SUSPICOUS FILES (Autoers, stat changers, add-ons for runescape fan sites).

If you get hacked, dont blame the hacker blame yourself for not keeping it safe.

End Rant.

ALOT easier said then done, i used to be in a "faggohotel" crew so i know quite alot about this, users that want to start "scripting" and follow a series of links and download apps, most of them are loggers and it is VERY easy not to notice one [i did actually manage to log a moderator on this forum, but took no futher action and disabled it] but those days are over so... meh.

JonJon
11-07-2006, 04:03 PM
They're stupid enough to download dodgy files?

Lord_Gig
11-07-2006, 04:05 PM
They're stupid enough to download dodgy files?

and you define a "dodgy" file as?

Overate
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
ALOT easier said then done, i used to be in a "faggohotel" crew so i know quite alot about this, users that want to start "scripting" and follow a series of links and download apps, most of them are loggers and it is VERY easy not to notice one [i did actually manage to log a moderator on this forum, but took no futher action and disabled it] but those days are over so... meh.

Lol james, I dont know how i got hacked but i had a bank pin. But i havent got my account back. I think its my friend from school.. As my password is the same as my school password for login and i think he hacked it seeming as hes always in "computer club" and he is on this weird program and he plays runescape. But aye

Lord_Gig
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
beat him up?

JonJon
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
and you define a "dodgy" file as?

A file that is dodgy.

Overate
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
beat him up?

But 1) he knows loads of year 11s..:rolleyes:
2) i dunno if its him
3) he dont nkow i play runescape lol.

raspberrys
11-07-2006, 04:43 PM
2) i dunno if its him

If he doesnt know you play runescape, it wont be him though, would it :rolleyes:

Lord_Gig
11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
2) i dunno if its him

1) rofl pussssssssy
2)so?
3) make up another reason :]

Charles
11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Its all leet hax. Just like Rachel does.

JonJon
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Its all leet hax. Just like Rachel does.

Saviour the moment when me and Charles both have 3,233 posts.

Stress Free
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Omgz take a screenie lol

JonJon
11-07-2006, 05:35 PM
You do it.

Charles
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Rofl, we're linked.

bowrox
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
You can't be hacked unless someone gains access to the Jagex Servers, which isn't going to happen easily, it would take something more than a kid who just plays runescape to do it.

You can be cracked however by having a insecure password, i have only changed my password once because i felt i needed a even more secure one. A secure password should not just be letters, it should include punctuation and numbers as well as letters.

JonJon
11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
You can't be hacked unless someone gains access to the Jagex Servers, which isn't going to happen easily, it would take something more than a kid who just plays runescape to do it.

You can be cracked however by having a insecure password, i have only changed my password once because i felt i needed a even more secure one. A secure password should not just be letters, it should include punctuation and numbers as well as letters.

All my passwords are extremeley random and hard to guess, one of mine I use for quite alot has letter and numbers and punctuation.

Stress Free
11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Mine has been abc123 and 123456 in the past lol

bowrox
12-07-2006, 05:16 AM
Something like

Even having passwords like 'window' or 'light' are pretty secure on runescape because people would have to guess them and you can only try accessing a account so many times a minute making it take a long time to get a password. One problem is keyloggers, people only get them out of there own stupidity, i have used a computer for 9 years now, and never been hacked on anything, never had a virus, worm, keylogger, spyware or adware.

Ho-Yin
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Mine has been abc123 and 123456 in the past lol

You dont wanna tell us your past passwords, lol... ppl could use them to hack you :o

Lord_Gig
12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
you seriously don't know what hacking is do you...

giving someone your pass and them "owning" you is called taking over, or "is he stupid?"

hacking requires someone to moniter you or to actually get in to a database.

JonJon
12-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Everyone calls logging into msn or someone habbo or rune etc hacking nowadays. No one cares what it's true meaning. The worst that will happen is that you will be made fun of by geeks for getting the definition wrong which you won't even give a damn about.

Lord_Gig
12-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Everyone calls logging into msn or someone habbo or rune etc hacking nowadays. No one cares what it's true meaning. The worst that will happen is that you will be made fun of by geeks for getting the definition wrong which you won't even give a damn about.

*stares at sig* lmao....

JonJon
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
*stares at sig* lmao....

Why are you laughing? Is it funny, is my sig funny?

Lord_Gig
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
yes, yes it is...

JonJon
12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
yes, yes it is...

Well your isn't because you got the shields wrong. You've made it look like the sprite's hands have gone through the shield. You use that shield when they are holding the shield behind them, not infront of them.

Lord_Gig
12-07-2006, 06:19 PM
you use the word "geek" and yet you notice/ try to flame me for that :S?

raspberrys
12-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Please try to stay on topic ^^, we dont want another closed thread

So yeah, its impossible to get hacked on RS if you have a password with numbers, punctuation in it, without being keylogged.

Lord_Gig
12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
There are actually a few others ways, for example fake logins....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!