PDA

View Full Version : Lost_witness Pet Pen & Entrance.

Greig,
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Just for people who could not get in.

you had to get a pet into the centre by calling a pet (Rover and ford) and if you got it in. Everyone got a Special presant gifted to there hand later today, Lost_Witness says it's extra special! :s

http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image15ax.png

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image25gd.png

LMAO - look at this message from my friend who won the game.

HE WON A DOG BALL LOL

http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lol2yg.png

Antony
12-07-2006, 03:50 PM
People complain about there not being enough events on Habbo. So he's trying his best to do as many events as possible. Prizes don't usually matter but the taking part does. It was up to you to que for the events or try and get in. You made the decision so I say don't just enter events expecting some Super Rare appear in your hand after the event. Atleast he got something which is more than most people received from Callie's competitions.

But looks like a good competition and the events this week look good :) Thanks for the screenies. :)

Shatterstar
12-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Lol at prizes being pet balls.

Kotu
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
It's a pet event, what did you expect? Super rare cats and dogs?

At least you had fun, and got into the event. Many people try, and don't get so 'lucky'.

Stab
12-07-2006, 03:58 PM
OMG dey are worf 2 creds, i so fort they were one.

Corq
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Nice prize :rolleyes:

Oh well, it would still have been fun probably...

Evolution
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
While I agree that it's the thought that counts, a pet ball is rather cheap...There are pets on sale you know! He could buy one and send them to everyone.

Crazism
12-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I officially hate Habbo now, knowing that they are all money-grabbing, cheap little w******.

bubble79
12-07-2006, 04:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with a pet ball buit I think they shouldn't hav advertised that as aspecial mystery prize because then people think that they are missing out on somethign good. A pet or something would have been a better prize or a pet ball and some food or something

Danny
12-07-2006, 04:41 PM
:rolleyes:, what the hell do you people want? You moan when you don't get your prizes for competitions, yet when someone does give you a prize you moan cos it's not much..

Imagine giving out loads of prizes to people, which costs alot. I would have been happy with just getting in to the room, to gain a prize on top of that, i'd have been rather pleased, regardless of what the prize was.

The guy is running alot of competitions and unlike the last manager atleast he TRIES!

What more do you guys want?

And yeah habbo is about making money.
If you don't like it, then go else where :s.

Frodo13.
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
It is abit of a Dionysus prize, but Owell, i would of just laughed at that because I would see the funny side.

brodeo
12-07-2006, 05:26 PM
*yawn* lost_witness owes the dream team players prizes..

A new Callie?

Bahrami2k6
12-07-2006, 05:32 PM

Urm what more do we want?

If i wanted a pet dog ball i'd go to a giverway and get one. He could of atleast brung out a new rare.

A pet dog ball is 20p its nothing, just shows how tite they are :rolleyes:

Jõnathan
12-07-2006, 05:33 PM
OMG PLEASE DON'T BE A NEW CALLIE!
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Why call the dogs after cars though ? :s

Art
13-07-2006, 03:33 AM
That event looked like fun. :(

Barmi
13-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Right... let's go from the beginning, shall we?

1.Events are there for fun, not necessarily prizes. Going to an event just because you want to win some rare prizes defeats the objective.

2. A petball follows the theme of the event. Okay, you could have got a large box of food, or something, but that brings me onto my next point...

3. The events are modelled after 1994 cheesy game shows, with those cheesey prizes, lest you forget that. "You've won your very own Wheel of Fortune watch!111!!11!!!!"

Jeeze, what's the world turned into? It's a themed fun event, with a lot of winners, judging by the screenshots. You going to send rares out to dozens of people, eh?

Neversoft
13-07-2006, 05:59 AM
Its funny how you're all going 'Its the thought that counts, not the prize.' and 'You won't get any super rare for doing it' etc... Well, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say that if you took part and won a dog ball as your prize.

Prizes don't usually matter but the taking part does. It was up to you to que for the events or try and get in. You made the decision so I say don't just enter events expecting some Super Rare appear in your hand after the event. Atleast he got something which is more than most people received from Callie's competitions.

Prizes don't usually matter? Where have you been? Furni has basically taken over habbo now and mostly everyone wants to be 'rich' on a pixel site. So you can't say prizes don't matter because most people are fixed on furni. Also, Callie's competition prizes were a tad bit better than Lost_Witness'.

I no longer go to any events, take part in competitions, etc. Its a waste of time, but nice screenies. Hope you had fun.

:rolleyes:, what the hell do you people want? You moan when you don't get your prizes for competitions, yet when someone does give you a prize you moan cos it's not much..

Imagine giving out loads of prizes to people, which costs alot. I would have been happy with just getting in to the room, to gain a prize on top of that, i'd have been rather pleased, regardless of what the prize was.

The guy is running alot of competitions and unlike the last manager atleast he TRIES!

Roflmao! If you got in and won your story would change. And no, Habbo is not about making money. It is to Sulake, but not anyone else. You really think some person is going to go 'Oh no I have to make money for Sulake, better buy some credits' No. They're not. Also, that has nothing to do with the prizes what-so-ever! Its not like its going to cost Sulake staff Sulakes money. They can get free credits, so they can get bigger prizes.

The only valuable point is Barmi's. 'A petball follows the theme of the event.' Exactally true. Pets reduced. Pet Banners on Homepage, Pet events. You couldn't really expect a prize that isnt to do with pets.

Barmi
13-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say that if you took part and won a dog ball as your prize.
Previous Hotel Managers did not have 15 winners in a competition - that's the only catch in what everyone has been saying. How many rounds did he have? If it was one or two, that's still 15-30 winners, which is far too many to give a new rare to. If there was one winner per game, then it would be understandable.

The petball was a token gesture for playing the game. Oh, and it's not a waste of time, because it's intended to be fun. :P Anything that doesn't give good payout doesn't mean it's a waste of time. :P

Still, I've got to agree with you on the "everyone wants to be 'rich' on a pixel site" comment... it's just plain silly nowadays.

Day.
13-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Sorry but it is abit ungrateful on the people who are complaining, he could be like other managers and not do any events and just leave you to do your own thing on habbo.
It annoys me because the very few times i've got into an event all everybody wants to know is what the prize is.. Why don't you just play and if your good enough to win then you may find out.
Yeh a pet ball is cheap but so what, it was only a pet game.. if you came to the Strike it Habbo rich people got Red Bird Baths... It just depends on the game really.

asher_
13-07-2006, 09:35 AM
X_________________________________________________ _X

LMAO

Sabre_1
13-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I would like nothing better than to tell you how ungrateful you little jerks are, but seeing as the first page of posts did it for me it would be as senseless as most HxF users to say the same thing over again.

Except nobody has mentioned yet (I don't think) that you lot whinge no matter what is happening. You whine that there are no competitions or events, so they make events and you moan about the prizes. Next they'll make a really short one and give out rares, and you'll complain about the length or quality of the event, thus proving that it is impossible to please this crowd of annoying brats.

Correction: Most people seem to be on the right side with this one for once. Good, I see some people managed to find some sense.

Barmi
13-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Except nobody has mentioned yet (I don't think) that you lot whinge no matter what is happening.
You obviously live in a perfect world then. There are positives and negatives to everything. The Resistance quests were (only IMO) closest to the most perfect quests on the UK Hotel, but there are drawbacks. The positive side of things is taken for granted, whereas the negative aspect stays there, nibbling away at people, so people moan about it, moan some more, and moan again.

It's human nature. You're not the first to mention that it's impossible to please everyone, because IT IS! You simply cannot please everyone, and not one event will be "perfect" - ever. It's the same with the theological good/evil balance. There is always both, and it's impossible to have all "good" without "evil".

Generally, your posts are thoughtful. That post, sir, was hypocritical, slanderous, and only took one half of your head to think about it. It was far to generalised, and filled with general assumptions about other people. Okay, so in some cases what you have said might be true, but it's way too generalised. Since when have I been "post checker"? Never. But if someone thinks they are up and above everyone else, saying that EVERYONE is a bunch of annoying "brats", I get slightly peeved.

Correction: Most people seem to be on the right side with this one for once. Good, I see some people managed to find some sense.
Egotistical, arrogant - since when have you always been right? Forums are largely opinion related, so you have no right to say that people's opinions are right or wrong.

My apologies, I usually enjoy reading your posts, and it's not a personal attack on you, it's a defensive attack on your post.

Edit: You will always get "annoying brats" in life. Deal with it. If you don't like the "annoying brats" on this forum, you probably understand the options you have. For the record, you are moaning about other people's actions, so would you class yourself as one of these "annoying brats" aswell? I wouldn't think so, but pointing fingers ain't good for your health.

asher_
13-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Sabre I wouldn't get so uptight about something that doesn't affect you. Let the youngsters moan if they want to, i'm pretty sure they'll soon learn it won't get them anywhere in life.

Dracolis
13-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Do you know how extremely difficult it is to get in one of these events even if u r there ready with the mouse waiting for the room to open. Then when you are in you have tobe one of the lucky ones at the front of the queue to get in the game. Then you also need a bit of luck to be the winner at the end of the game and then you get a naff prize (therefore is it too much to expect a decent prize?). But it's not even the fact that it is a cheap prize. It's the fact that it's a piece of furni you can do nothing with except try to trade. What is the point of a ball if u don't have a pet and what is the point of a Sports track corner without the rest of the track?

Sabre_1
13-07-2006, 10:50 PM
You obviously live in a perfect world then. There are positives and negatives to everything. The Resistance quests were (only IMO) closest to the most perfect quests on the UK Hotel, but there are drawbacks. The positive side of things is taken for granted, whereas the negative aspect stays there, nibbling away at people, so people moan about it, moan some more, and moan again.

It's human nature. You're not the first to mention that it's impossible to please everyone, because IT IS! You simply cannot please everyone, and not one event will be "perfect" - ever. It's the same with the theological good/evil balance. There is always both, and it's impossible to have all "good" without "evil".

Generally, your posts are thoughtful. That post, sir, was hypocritical, slanderous, and only took one half of your head to think about it. It was far to generalised, and filled with general assumptions about other people. Okay, so in some cases what you have said might be true, but it's way too generalised. Since when have I been "post checker"? Never. But if someone thinks they are up and above everyone else, saying that EVERYONE is a bunch of annoying "brats", I get slightly peeved.

Egotistical, arrogant - since when have you always been right? Forums are largely opinion related, so you have no right to say that people's opinions are right or wrong.

My apologies, I usually enjoy reading your posts, and it's not a personal attack on you, it's a defensive attack on your post.

Edit: You will always get "annoying brats" in life. Deal with it. If you don't like the "annoying brats" on this forum, you probably understand the options you have. For the record, you are moaning about other people's actions, so would you class yourself as one of these "annoying brats" aswell? I wouldn't think so, but pointing fingers ain't good for your health.
Wow. Now apart from the fact that Barmi here just peeked into his oversied novelty shorts and found a pair, I should probably say this before anything else: You're probably right. I have been drinking today and you aren't the first person to get angry at me for clumping everybody together in one group.

But everyone has to understand here and now that when I say stuff, it probably means something else. For instance:

1. When I say 'everybody' or 'all of you' I mean everyone who I have contempt for i.e. not the people who make contributive posts, people who don't post crap, and people I can actually stand. I mean the know-it-all's instead of the know-all's, the jerks who type wrong on purpose to look cooler, the people who make up facts on the spot to make it seem like they have an inkling to what everyone else is talking about. Those are the 'everybody'. In fact when i'm done here i'm going to list people who I don't deem 'everybody' on my signature to avoid confusion.

2. When I say i'm always right, it doesn't necessarily mean i'm never ever wrong. It just means that once again I like to have and voice real facts or a proper opinion, rather than make things up and throw verbal poo all over the place and then pretend it's informative truth.

3. Typing. I don't care what anybody else says, I base my opinion of someone I meet online largely by their vocabulary, their grammar and the way they type. I HaT3 PplZ Ho0 TyP lyKe Dis! Language is an art I would rather not see butchered at the hands of lesser men.

4. I always regard forums with the same rules as a pub. We never discuss politics or religion, and if you're going to try and toast someone's opinion you had better be damn sure you're prepared in case they try to kick you in the crotch.

But back on point, yes, that was one of my less spectacular posts, but I felt it still had my meaning. I didn't say there aren't positive and negative sides to everything. I meant that no matter what, people around here will always jump on the negative points to everything. Me, I love to complain. It's not whinging, whining or moaning, but it relieves my stress and lets me voice how I feel. But even so, I still recognise the difficulties present in making a perfect event that appeals to all, and I can still find the good points in most things. Other people I find are unable to do that.

Second and last, I do point the finger, where it needs to be pointed. And 'for the record', I never said people weren't allowed to point the finger back. Just remember Instance 4.:rolleyes:

I'll always value your opinion Barmi, until the day you say something so stupid I have to crack you over the head with informative justice. Hopefully, it'll never happen.:)

Mitch4?
14-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Hmm how s it cheap when the same day 30 minutes later he gave out 2 thrones and 3 red bb's Don't expect in a pet game to get Super rare pets as kotu says. so shush

Just-One
14-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Its the taking part that counts ;)

Zampo-III
14-07-2006, 06:06 AM
I find it absolutely hillarious reading these threads..

Everyone moaning about the prize LMAO!.

Its a game guys.. the whole site is a game - get over it Lolz.
Just take some time tho think about the people who can't afford credits - to them a small prize would mean the world... Heck - think about people who dont have the satisfaction of having a piece of clothing let alone a computer to play games on... Its funny how so many people complain about actually recieving something for like what 5 minutes worth of FUN!

Many people- in the real world- go weeks without food and water and your complaining about a ball on habbo - Hows about your get your noses out of your screens - look out the window - and guess what??? yes theirs a real world!!!! Wooot bet you didnt know that!

oOo and may i say xD Im not being arrogant or trying to accuse people or whatever (I know how things get in this forum lol) Im just putting across an opinion.

And as for the you cant expect them to give rares to like 15 winners - Redtiz gave a throne sofa to any one that got one of her questions right in the xfest party and there were like 40 - 45 winners lol xD

But yeah guys come on dont complain.. just be thankful you can actually play these games... be thankful you can go on habbo... be thankful for what you have for some dont have anything ;) just take a moment to think about it and see how silly you are all being.

My moans over im off for breakfast lol

Barmi
14-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Hot reply Sabre! ;D

At least Lost_Witness is hosting some original games, for some fun. The teams are large, but they do look fun! If there was someone in a team that wasn't doing anything, and their team won, would you say they would be eligable for a prize such as a rare? Personally, I think it would be unfair. What redtiz was doing is slightly different, because it required people to be active, and physically taking part in the quiz. They could not rely on anybody else but themselves, thus the rare prize was better earned.

Zampo-III
14-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Hot reply Sabre! ;D

At least Lost_Witness is hosting some original games, for some fun. The teams are large, but they do look fun! If there was someone in a team that wasn't doing anything, and their team won, would you say they would be eligable for a prize such as a rare? Personally, I think it would be unfair. What redtiz was doing is slightly different, because it required people to be active, and physically taking part in the quiz. They could not rely on anybody else but themselves, thus the rare prize was better earned.

True but what i meant was that people were sayin they wouldnt give rares to a mass of people xP but red did (tis all i meant lolz xD) :)

Barmi
14-07-2006, 07:23 AM
True but what i meant was that people were sayin they wouldnt give rares to a mass of people xP but red did (tis all i meant lolz xD) :)
Lol, I understand what you mean. xP

Vibe
14-07-2006, 08:42 AM
lmao look:

but red did (tis all i meant lolz xD)

but red didtis Lolz redtiz!

asher_
14-07-2006, 11:13 AM
This is Habbox Forum with the general populace being around 11 years old, I'm not going to take it seriously when I don't know these kids and they mean nothing to me. Yeah, I may throw in the odd sarcastic post but if I need to make a worthwhile post then I will do so. I'm guessing that 'trying to look cool' remark was directed at me, again it's a forum filled with kiddywinks, i'm hardly going to go out of my way to impress them. Er yeah.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!