PDA

View Full Version : Stealing Accounts Using Console And Help Tool, PATCHED! YAY!

Revivalry
13-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Hey everyone.. It has been reported several times that Habbos have repeatedly been trying to thieve others accounts using just their console and the Habbo help tool, however, in a way this was patched to ensure our accounts are now safe. People used to try and get you on their messenger and claim that they were "leaving" their account to someone and then we reply "oh pick me" then a password reset is sent via the help tool where you dont have to input a birthdate or anything.. The scammer would then ask them to check their emails for the scammers accounts password. The password the innocent Habbos are checking is actually their resent one. The scammer then asks for the password so they can "double check that it works"
lol, so they hand the password over and their account is stolen. But now the help tool has been updated and either way you try to reset your password a bitthdate has to be provided.
Thanks to Emma/RedTiz for notifying me about this. :P

sock
13-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Thats what happened to me.

Revivalry
13-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear that.. :o I recognise your name..

Crazism
13-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I recognise your name..
Oh yeah... I bet you do...

Revivalry
13-07-2006, 04:35 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean junior?
He was a friend from a long time ago since my other account got banned, not that it's anything to do with you so don't go round making accusations.

Crazism
13-07-2006, 04:38 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean junior?
He was a friend from a long time ago since my other account got banned, not that it's anything to do with you so don't go round making accusations.

Take a chill pill. Couple of deep breaths.
It was merely a joke. Don't lose any sleep over it.
And don't use my rank to label me. Being a VIP doesn't make you any better. But hey, if you want to waste your money on a forum then that's fine by me. Whatever floats your boat.

Revivalry
13-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Take a chill pill. Couple of deep breaths.
It was merely a joke. Don't lose any sleep over it.
And don't use my rank to label me. Being a VIP doesn't make you any better. But hey, if you want to waste your money on a forum then that's fine by me. Whatever floats your boat.

1. Don't need a "chill pill".
2. I didn't see it as a joke, i saw it more as if you were accusing me.
3. I'll label you however i want, also who said !I! wasted money on the forum?
Was it me who bought it? I think not..

Josh-H
13-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Nice to see habbo helping people :D

Crazism
13-07-2006, 05:20 PM
1. Don't need a "chill pill".
2. I didn't see it as a joke, i saw it more as if you were accusing me.
3. I'll label you however i want, also who said !I! wasted money on the forum?
Was it me who bought it? I think not..

Once again, you do.
Take a joke properly.
You don't have the right to label me. But if you wanna play it that way, I'll label you a "c***". How about that? Also, you paid for your VIP, did you not? I didn't say you bought the forum you moron.

Wrapping
13-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Once again, you do.
Take a joke properly.
You don't have the right to label me. But if you wanna play it that way, I'll label you a "c***". How about that? Also, you paid for your VIP, did you not? I didn't say you bought the forum you moron.

Gutted you got banned
Once again, OWNED
LOL@U

ryanol
13-07-2006, 07:32 PM
so basically the scam was simply asking them there password.. Haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!