PDA

View Full Version : Japan now gets ALL the DS Lite colours...

Bear-Max
13-07-2006, 04:58 PM
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/img_index/main_lite_bp.jpg

Not content with announcing the Noble Pink version, Nintendo Japan's website now lists September 2nd as the release date for the Jet Black colouration in that region. This brings the total number of colours available to a hefty 5: Polar White, Enamel Navy, Ice Blue, Noble Pink and Jet Black.

There goes the European exclusivity of the colour.

Unfortunately, no other regions have had news of any new colours, meaning Europe will still only have white varieties on shelves, and the US is still resigned to a lowly one ('lowly' not detrimental to the Polar White colour, but to the number of colours available).

While I do have my white version (which I'm happy with), I find it highly unfair that Japan gets more and more colours while the west gets nothing. Perhaps this is a precursor to an inevitable slew of new colours for the west; but why we aren't getting any of these sooner is a point of annoyance. It's just the early adopters being *****ed over once again.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/lite/color/index.html

JonJon
13-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Well the NINTENDO DS was made by NINTENDO, and they are a JAPANESE company. So they just want to give their country what they want first, we get leftovers.

Acidude
13-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Whoooo go Japan!

I went there, it's a great country xP

And as JonJon said, it's a Japanese company so they will naturally get things first. It works that way and I think it's ridiculous how you are complaining about such a thing.

HUGECOOL
13-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Ohh, I love the contrast o the two in that picture. I still haven't bought my DS Lite, and I cancelled my pre-oredered one because I thought this was going to happen. I'm going to wait until all the colors are released and go from there. :)

Biseinen
13-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Always the case, Bear.

iGroves
13-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Go Japan, I don't see why they shouldnt get it first..

Also the black looks awsome!

Bear-Max
13-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm not disputing that Japan is a very awesome country. I love almost everything about it. The thing is, to say "Yay! Why shouldn't they get it first?" is a completely redundant argument. It basic human nature to want things first, so saying you don't is just an attempt to be goody-goody.

Nintendo rock. There's no way around it. BUT whilst primarily a Japanese country it is essentially an MNC. There's no reason whatsoever why all customers in all territories shouldn't get the same treatment.

Biseinen
13-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Made there, released there. Sadly, we have to wait. :(

Rauhl
13-07-2006, 10:06 PM
lol o well it will get here soon :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!