PDA

View Full Version : CiDA / DiDA Help

Jargit
13-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Ok im taking it .

Im ok with Computers But Wat Exactly Do You Do?

alexxxxx
13-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I chose not to do it. Looked dead boring (specially CiDa). Did Media Studies instead.

Catchetat
14-07-2006, 04:37 PM
What level is that? Like GCSE? A Level?

yido
14-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Lmao dida i just done it in yr 11 left now you just make web pages spreadsheets and data bases

DMB-Hosting
14-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I did the GNVQ the people who didnt look promising in our group did DiDa for the last year

Catchetat
14-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Bit boring.. lol.

DMB-Hosting
14-07-2006, 04:47 PM
The GNVQ was very boring

Oracle:
17-07-2006, 03:32 PM
DiDA is Diploma In Digital Applications, you will use things like Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop.

http://dida.edexcel.org.uk/home/

Lubricant
17-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Has that just been introduced? Never had them when I was doing GCSEs. Wish they did because I like Database and spreadsheet work.

Oracle:
17-07-2006, 07:12 PM
:@
Has that just been introduced? Never had them when I was doing GCSEs. Wish they did because I like Database and spreadsheet work.

I don't thing all Colleges do it, I have been offered it as a GCSE based thingy where I get another day out of school to do the work..

Topjak
04-08-2006, 04:52 PM
DiDA took over from GNVQ, GNVQ is no longer available at GCSE.

But of what ive been told by teachers, its a walk in teh park for anybody who can listen and knows what a computer is.

judging by the fact your on a forum, you know what a Computer is, and the fact that you asking a question means your willing to listen, getting the pattern yet? ;)

JoeComins
18-08-2006, 12:42 PM
DiDA is what Ive nearly done. I was doing the D:201, and its soo boring.

Nether$
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I do GCSE Applied ICT.

Is a bit of a waste of time. However very easy, full marks in both coursework and year 11 exam. All i need to do to get an A in the subject is in 2 weeks or when ever the exam is is to write my name. Im not saying that to bost, i just think schools should offer better GCSE courses than just the one i did, sure everyone in my class get A*-B no matter their knowlage in the subject but anyone could do it, i would have rather done the DiDA where i would learn stuff, about DTP etc.

DiDA is mainly....
To my Knowlage..
Like... Desk top publishing, and doing stuff in ICT that you will accually use in real life, from what i've herd from friends who do it in other schools i think it is very useful and a good thing to take, I would have if i had the choice.

Soka
08-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I do GCSE Applied ICT.

Is a bit of a waste of time. However very easy, full marks in both coursework and year 11 exam. All i need to do to get an A in the subject is in 2 weeks or when ever the exam is is to write my name. Im not saying that to bost, i just think schools should offer better GCSE courses than just the one i did, sure everyone in my class get A*-B no matter their knowlage in the subject but anyone could do it, i would have rather done the DiDA where i would learn stuff, about DTP etc.

DiDA is mainly....
To my Knowlage..
Like... Desk top publishing, and doing stuff in ICT that you will accually use in real life, from what i've herd from friends who do it in other schools i think it is very useful and a good thing to take, I would have if i had the choice.

i'm doing edexcel double applied ict, and its easy too
you can keep improving the courseworks until you get full marks
so out of 116 on coursework its now 113
and the 100 mark exam is incredibly easy like entering some numbers into a spreadsheet. its easy to get two a*s

the year below me have got oppurtunity to take DiDa, i didn't

Nether$
08-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Questions form the year 10 applied ICT exam: AND QUOTE, well the questions are quoted!

What does the back button do on a web browser
a) Restarts the computer
b) Kills you
c) Goes back a page
What do you need to send an email?
a) A car
b) A foot
c) Access to the internet
d) A house

Lol let me see if i can find the pdf online or something

Stitch
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Questions form the year 10 applied ICT exam: AND QUOTE, well the questions are quoted!

a) Restarts the computer
b) Kills you
c) Goes back a page
a) A car
b) A foot
d) A house

lol all you need for them questions is common sense

:Jamie
13-05-2007, 09:28 PM
im doing DIDA and its too boring, wish I never did this.

:G.M.T:
13-05-2007, 10:56 PM
In my ICT class at school we was doing the CiDa course and then the ICT teachers went to a meeting with a new course run by OCR which is 10 times easier. I found CiDa really hard and boring because they expected too much but with this OCR course it is so easy. The C mark activities require you to do stuff such as Enter data into a database and the A mark activity on that task is to create a query and do something with it or something can't remember off the top of my head.

samsaBEAR
14-05-2007, 10:05 AM
im doing dida, just finished D201: Using ICT. which is boring as hell. we're now doing D204, the Enterprise unit, which is also turning out to be boring. next year we have D202+203, Multimedia and Graphics repectively.
dida is really easy imo, some bits are annoying, some are repetive, but as along as you have basic knowledge of Windows programs and FireWorks and stuff, you should be okay

15-05-2007, 10:17 PM
im doing dida, just finished D201: Using ICT. which is boring as hell. we're now doing D204, the Enterprise unit, which is also turning out to be boring. next year we have D202+203, Multimedia and Graphics repectively.
dida is really easy imo, some bits are annoying, some are repetive, but as along as you have basic knowledge of Windows programs and FireWorks and stuff, you should be okay

groups one ****** me off, graphics is a pain in the but for me.

Shatter
10-06-2007, 03:40 PM
DiDA is pretty boring, our school is ****. We dont use photoshop or fireworks or dreamweaver or anything. We use crap serif.

Oni
10-06-2007, 06:57 PM

a) Restarts the computer
b) Kills you
c) Goes back a page
a) A car
b) A foot
d) A house

Thats so obviously not true. Fairly easy and boring.

Lµke
10-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I took GNVQ ICT this year, and believe me its a walk in the park, theres only two written exams, and the rest is assessed via coursework, which you can go back to and work again on for extra marks.

GNVQ from what ive heard and compared it to, does however make it harder for people to achieve distinctions and merits by making the second paper alot harder.

I can't get my head around the fact that in my school there was people failing GNVQ ICT and got moved to the OCR course which is worth 2 GCSE's instead of the 4 on the GNVQ ICT.

The new courses sound like a joke, and a waste of time in my opinion.

Seatherny
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
dida = worst ever subject

Rcss
10-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Im doing the higher one which eva its called cida or dida.
Mines on 5 A Day but im really pleased with mine we still aint finished but our finish date isnt untill febuary nxt year so...

10-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I took GNVQ ICT this year, and believe me its a walk in the park, theres only two written exams, and the rest is assessed via coursework, which you can go back to and work again on for extra marks.

GNVQ from what ive heard and compared it to, does however make it harder for people to achieve distinctions and merits by making the second paper alot harder.

I can't get my head around the fact that in my school there was people failing GNVQ ICT and got moved to the OCR course which is worth 2 GCSE's instead of the 4 on the GNVQ ICT.

The new courses sound like a joke, and a waste of time in my opinion.

I did that at school, was so easy! The stuff they require us to do on these new courses are so hard.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!