PDA

View Full Version : Help me please?

Sabu
15-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey guys.

Well, when I'm playing gamnes, I tend to get exremely stressed out, mainly when the game crashes when I'm really far and haven't saved, get stuck on a mission etc.
I don't have a punchbag or anything, because there is no room to put it, because are gym is currently unaccessable due to our conservatory being built.

When I get stressed, I try to be as quiet as possible, because my parants can sometimes hear me. I pull my hair and bang my head on the wall, because they are the most quietest things possible. I sometimes punch my forehead uncontollably.

If my parants have gone out, aswell as my brother, tend to shout, swear and bang my head on my wardrobe.

I'm really worried that I may push myself to far. I know I can't carry on like this, but \I don't know what to do :(

EDIT: I'm not being funny or anything, but I have a big obsession with games.

Virgin Mary
15-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Um, you're kind of obsessed sorry to say. Maybe you should try seeing your GP about it.

@K
15-07-2006, 08:53 PM
I just want to say that's not healthy, plus they are only games, banging your head can cause serious, long lasting damage.

Nixt
15-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Complicated one. In fact, there are times I know the feeling!
Me being slightly obsessed with meditation, I would personally advise that... >.>
Of course it doesn't work for everyone, but it allows me to exert some self control and when I get into such situations :D

edible
15-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Okay i know how you feel, i get it sometimes when im angry at my dad.
Just hold onto something tight.. Like your chair's arm.. or your hands, and like just stomp your feet, and breathe :D I do that, it helps..

Sabu
15-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Complicated one. In fact, there are times I know the feeling!
Me being slightly obsessed with meditation, I would personally advise that... >.>
Of course it doesn't work for everyone, but it allows me to exert some self control and when I get into such situations :D

Thanks :) I might try that every now and then, because I've never done it before and have always wamnted to try it :)

Nixt
15-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I would recommend it to anyone... It takes a while to find a decent technique and then to get into it properly, but once you do it is more than worth it :D

Alterate
15-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Duck tape and a couple of cushions a homemade punch bag and it will go anywhere.

HaboCola
23-07-2006, 02:09 AM
This happens to a lot of gamers, it sometimes happens to me but I don't play console games anymore I play online games. I would try to get one of those stress squeezing toys, or punch your pillow, or use a dog toy etc.

JonJon
23-07-2006, 02:17 AM
That is a bit too far.... maybe I bang the table once, or curse under my breath.... actually hurting yourself is stupid. Just keep it all in, then after you've finished the game lie on your bed and relax.

i luv rosie
23-07-2006, 02:56 AM
breath in and out and say goosefraba. :rolleyes:

not really >.>

but try closing your eyes and laying down?

foxyfox00
23-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Maybe seeing some about it would be advised.
At my school we have a councellor that deals with anger and stress problems. A doctor would also be able to help with a slight does of medication.

alteration
30-07-2006, 11:27 PM
i do this, i hit myself on the head and say KILL GOD:(

Lindzi
30-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Try punching a pillow, I always find throwing something like a magazine at the wall helps whilest screaming lol Nothing fragile or heavy :)

Ostinato
30-07-2006, 11:35 PM
I understand how frustrating it can be when something happens relating to games, because there's something about them that just makes you give your best and them and want to complete them etc. and when it seems like you've wasted time it's really irritating.

You could start by trying to take a break from your games, and perhaps limiting yourself to no more than an hour's playing a day. If you think you won't be able to stick to this, ask your parent's or someone to perhaps hide the power cable or something to stop you from playing it apart from a small time each day.

Gradually you will no longer rely on them as much and they shouldn't be as big a part of your life as they are just now.

Now, for when you get stressed etc. I suggest you just take a deep breath, close your eyes and count to then then let the breath out. Do this a few times and it does help calm you down. If you feel the need to be violent, like suggested perhaps hit something like a pillow etc. where no harm will be caused, but you should definetly not hurt yourself as it won't help matters!

Menshevik
31-07-2006, 02:46 AM
breath in and out and say goosefraba. :rolleyes:

not really >.>

but try closing your eyes and laying down?

Haha.

Maybe you should quit playing that game?
Or just beat up your little brother.
Of curse at strangers passing by, but film all of it so you can send it it ebaumsworld and be the new numa numa guy.

sarey
31-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey guys.

Well, when I'm playing gamnes, I tend to get exremely stressed out, mainly when the game crashes when I'm really far and haven't saved, get stuck on a mission etc.
I don't have a punchbag or anything, because there is no room to put it, because are gym is currently unaccessable due to our conservatory being built.

When I get stressed, I try to be as quiet as possible, because my parants can sometimes hear me. I pull my hair and bang my head on the wall, because they are the most quietest things possible. I sometimes punch my forehead uncontollably.

If my parants have gone out, aswell as my brother, tend to shout, swear and bang my head on my wardrobe.

I'm really worried that I may push myself to far. I know I can't carry on like this, but \I don't know what to do :(

EDIT: I'm not being funny or anything, but I have a big obsession with games.

If after you've hit yourself/bang your head, you feel better, then read the selfharm guide, because thats signs of selfharm, your physically hurting yourself, and it depends on what happens after, if you feel better/worse/average/same, if you feel better, check that thread, but id go to your GP/doctor, my sister has a major bad temper, and on tablets for it, maybe if you get that stressed out sometimes, even over a little game, they might prescribe you with some medication to help keep you calm.
Heres the URL; http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=183089
If not, and you just uncontrollably do it when your stressed out or cheesed off, go to your doctor.
:)
Hope this helped.
EDIT:
And yes, you probably should stop playing video games.

FlyingJesus
31-07-2006, 09:41 AM
You really need to stop playing so much. Sit back, breathe and think about how much it's really going to affect your life if poor little Spyro doesn't make it past the Badlands. If something bad happens on the game, don't think of it as a terrible thing, think of it as a learning curve, and realise that next time you try that bit, you'll know what not to do.

Someone mentioned meditation, I think it would probably be a good idea. It might sound cheesy but it can work wonders, especially for stress.

sarey
31-07-2006, 11:05 AM
*cough* i am one of those who mentioned medication flying *cough*
lol.

Nia12
01-08-2006, 12:29 PM
I know what you mean, when i get stressed out about things "nvr about the computer" I breathe deeply and try to laugh about it, or just walk away and go make a drink or something (of water). try not to get over stressed about anything :D XXX

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!