PDA

View Full Version : Sky City

simon305
17-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Sky city / The City / City life, A New Game I Shall Create
(i ahve only helped make one game before called medevil so help me)

Staff Needed!

I need people who can make people ... very much like a habbo but all features changed (due to copyright)

I need people to make city items sized teh same as for a big habbo.

Tele boxes.

Roads. (quite big so that i can put cars on it)

Lights.

Signs.

Pets. (dogs and cats and pigs)(different to habbo ones)

Cars. (not too big so that they can fit teh roads and have the adult versions of my people inside.)

Buldings (modern looking please) :
Shops,
houses,
Job buldings. (you must add something inside these buldings for your people to do to earn money.
Type:
walls up with roof
walls down no roof
(a bit like the sims so you can just click walls down when you want to click and go inside a place)

items: a bit like runescape you find items and put them in your item pocket and you do jobs to get your money.

*Personal houses are not included in this game
*dont add people to the places you make

People Please post idias aswellf or this... :eusa_danc

(prive message me for other jobs eg:shockwave experts)

Hitman
17-07-2006, 03:25 PM
LOL!!!

Sorry dude, but a game like Habbo will cost you: People that code, pixel artists and flash designers.

Liberation
17-07-2006, 03:38 PM
So you want alot of people to design the objects, Animals etc and you kinda get credit?
And as post above says, It will cost alot

:Blob
17-07-2006, 03:38 PM
No, what he wants is this:

Him to do: NO WORK
Him to pay: NOTHING

He excepts

People to do: FREE CODING
And: FREE PIXEL

So he can earn money and they dont get payed.

simon305
17-07-2006, 04:08 PM
No... i pay for codeing sueing paypay... i
I will pay for pixel stuff if u need paying
I will pay for my domain
I will put credits on my site about what was made by who
I have payed for a vbulletin licence
I am not doin this cheap!
Im working on geting the servers, £3500 :O

my only personal gain will be the advirts

(ps: dont make small things like http://www.citypixel.com/index.htm
bcuz that is rubbis)

Tomm
17-07-2006, 04:24 PM
ROFLAMO! Paypay doesnt exist. Learn to spell. It will never be created.

Edited by ---MAD--- (forum moderator): Please dont pointless post, you know he meant Paypal ;). Thanks.

Liberation
17-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Paypay? Do you mean Paypal?
And £3500, I wish you good luck in getting that on paypal =]

simon305
17-07-2006, 04:49 PM
i dont buy the server from paypal lol... anyway i ahv £2500 im not far off £3500 i been saveing up

I can spell i just type too fast.

iGroves
17-07-2006, 05:05 PM
I can spell i just type too fast.Type how you do, but then go back and correct your mistakes.

Don't be lazy you turd.

Edited by ---MAD--- (forum moderator): Please stop on topic. Thanks :)

Luckyrare
17-07-2006, 05:17 PM
LOL@U...

"I WANTZ LYKE THINGZ LYKE HABBO LYKE RAREZ, CREDITZ, HOBBASZ, STAFF, AND I NEED LYKE PPLZ TO BE MODZ"

Edited by ---MAD--- (forum moderator): Please dont pointless post. Thanks :)

simon305
17-07-2006, 10:11 PM
"I WANTZ LYKE THINGZ LYKE HABBO LYKE RAREZ, CREDITZ, HOBBASZ, STAFF, AND I NEED LYKE PPLZ TO BE MODZ"

We will have mods and player mods and we will have rare items and i have already chosen to have money not credits as my cash.:eusa_danc

Ps: and people say i cant spell lol

Mentor
17-07-2006, 10:25 PM
What good is a 3500 £ server if your game doesnt even exist yet..
Start with a cheep one, then get bigger more powerful servers if the demand grows, if it doesnt you aint wasted 3 grand...

GommeInc
17-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I wonder how many years this is going to take, to make one thing... I can see this not working, loads of people are making Habbo Hotel type things, and only a very small amount actually get anywhere. This is going to be alot like that. As Mentor pointed out, you are obviously not very clever, wasting that amount on a server without a game to put on it, especially when it will take a few years to become big, if you're lucky.

Another problem is using real money for credits. More people would rather use a game currency than the real thing. Makes it more fun.

You are really badly copying Habbo, I find it amusing how many times you had to say you weren't copying them, yet you listed things and said you were going to make different ones. Besides, aren't you an Alt Artist who thinks he is great? Surely you can make these pets, furniture, rares, people etc?

This whole idea is just another childhood drream, that will never get past the coding state...

RLY-CRAIG?
17-07-2006, 10:43 PM
This whole idea is just another childhood drream, that will never get past the coding state...

Indeed it is a dream-But shouldn't people be allowed dreams? What's the point in living if you're not going to aim for something high? okay, the chances are big that he will fail but let him enjoy himself, learn some new things and find it out for himself

Mentor
17-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Indeed it is a dream-But shouldn't people be allowed dreams? What's the point in living if you're not going to aim for something high? okay, the chances are big that he will fail but let him enjoy himself, learn some new things and find it out for himself
If that was his goal hed do it himslef, learn to code, work on the art, create a workable alpha.

Like most succeful games have done, once they get a following then they hire more staff, then the game gets more advanced.

Hes asking for people to do everthing for him. Which is just a dream of getting a habbo like game of his own. if he wants it, hes got to do the work, not ask other people 2 do it for him "/

Oracle:
17-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Woah, not had one of these for a few weeks now.

I think you need to take into account of your terrible grammar and also the fact you said 'Like Habbo Hotel' therfore you are copying and basing it off one virtual game, you also want people from a HABBO Hotel Fansite forum to code for you, i'll mark out a few issues with that bit.

You haven't said what language. (C#, C, C++, Java, Lingo/Director, Flash/Actionscript
You say you have £2500 but are you willing to spend it on a server which will never get used, to begin with get a VPSGive us some more details and some pay and people may begin to help, also take time to review and create a business plan..

alexxxxx
18-07-2006, 06:54 AM
www.splamm.com/subzero

If it starts to kick off, get a real flash kinda game started.

Jamie.
18-07-2006, 08:55 AM
No, what he wants is this:

Him to do: NO WORK
Him to pay: NOTHING

He excepts

People to do: FREE CODING
And: FREE PIXEL

So he can earn money and they dont get payed.
owned :) i will go in details when i get home

---MAD---
18-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Hmm, I have seen a lot of threads like this as well. Probably none made it anywhere. You will need a proper team not just hire random people, that would be best :).

Hitman
18-07-2006, 01:02 PM
If I was you:

Pay pixel artists to make items/furni w/e.
Pay a flash designer/coder to make the client.
Get a domain and hosting, with a server.
THEN get staff when its up and running.

(You cant just make flash, it must also use coding, HabboHotel is all nice images on top, underneath its coding. When you click on a tile, it sends a code (wich the tile will have a certain code positon) and thats why it needs coding).

---MAD---
18-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Seems like we all agree on one thing :)

Hitman
18-07-2006, 01:11 PM
It does indeed.

Jamie.
18-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Lol, Dont even bother attempting it unless u have the cash too

Lycan
18-07-2006, 03:54 PM
tho this must be the longest threat i've seen on one yet..

Jamie.
18-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Lol asking for free pixelised pictures?

Kardan
18-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Sulake and Jagex are multi million pound companies.

And I'm afraid your not, and I'm pretty sure you don't even have a company.

Good luck though... :rolleyes:

Eric30
18-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Just remember habbo started off by 2 people wanting to make a small game thingy.

You should start learing some program language u wanner use then start making the base of the game.

after you made the base then start paying people to make the content of the stuff.

and there is no need to buy a server as many others said, just start with a cheap server/vps/ or even an old pc at home

Hitman
19-07-2006, 08:02 AM
But Daisy had a degree in buisness and IT.

ExtraKen
19-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Sulake and Jagex are multi million pound companies.

And I'm afraid your not, and I'm pretty sure you don't even have a company.

Good luck though... :rolleyes:

ye i agree with him ;)

and no1 is gonna make you pixel art :s so your maybe not the great pixel artist as you where saying?

---MAD---
19-07-2006, 08:54 AM
no-one is going to be nice to the poor guy lol :|

Impossible
19-07-2006, 12:40 PM
no-one is going to be nice to the poor guy lol :|

Poor? He said he has £2.5K in the bank pmsl.

PWNED
<3

Lycan
19-07-2006, 12:44 PM
yes but so do alot of others on this forum and i don't think any of them are more then 12 year olds with an internet connection

Colin-Roberts
19-07-2006, 12:51 PM
lol $2500 in the bank even in gbp isnt alot. most kids around here my age make about $2000 canadain a summer.

Hitman
19-07-2006, 12:57 PM
lol $2500 in the bank even in gbp isnt alot. most kids around here my age make about $2000 canadain a summer.

I don't just click my fingers and get £2000 in the summer mate. :rolleyes:

Eric30
19-07-2006, 04:01 PM

Lol!
$2000 canadain is about £1000, yea i made about that last summer.

£2.5k english pounts is about $5,100 cadanian

whats that, 2 and 1/2 summers?

Colin-Roberts
19-07-2006, 04:14 PM
lol ye but eric i just said in summer what about the rest of the year and like $7200 for a server thats expensive.

simon305
20-07-2006, 06:12 AM
lol im not a little kiddy !

as kapt was saying

anyway
runescape.com was probibly onece like www.ogreisland.com and you can tell from runescape classic

and habbohotel was onece like mokitown.com (but a bit less populer)

i can spell i just type too fast :(

---MAD---
20-07-2006, 10:55 AM
lol im not a little kiddy !

as kapt was saying

anyway
runescape.com was probibly onece like www.ogreisland.com and you can tell from runescape classic

and habbohotel was onece like mokitown.com (but a bit less populer)

i can spell i just type too fast :(
Runescape was an orginised company from the start with frequent updates. Not even habbo can beat runescape with updates ;). They had a strong team and were a company. They were both coders and developers :).

Markness.
20-07-2006, 11:19 AM
sorry, but alot of these ideas, as great as they may sound, dont even make the beta stages, i think you should wait till your older and have a little more finincial backup incase the plan goes pear shaped

Lycan
20-07-2006, 11:23 AM
well if you do plan on making one, kiss good bye to your money and social life for the next.... 5 years

---MAD---
20-07-2006, 11:32 AM
well if you do plan on making one, kiss good bye to your money and social life for the next.... 5 years
Not true, if you have staff to help you, you should have enough time to go out and get some fresh air lol :)

Lycan
20-07-2006, 11:39 AM
lol well, you could economise... need fresh air... open a window

Kardan
20-07-2006, 11:46 AM
lol well, you could economise... need fresh air... open a window
So, so true.
Anyways, it's very unlikely you'll make it as sucsessful as RuneScape/Habbo...
Look at Habbo it has offices around the world, you have... a bedroom or a study...

Lycan
20-07-2006, 11:59 AM
we are so pesermistic on habbox... when someone wants to do something... we tell them to give up and roll over and die.

---MAD---
20-07-2006, 07:55 PM
we are so pesermistic on habbox... when someone wants to do something... we tell them to give up and roll over and die.
Yes true.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!