PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Define As A Chav?

Swastika
17-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah alot of morons are saying a chav just lives in council house's and is violent.
Just because somebody lives in a council house doesnt mean he/she is a chav.
Just because someone if violent doesnt mean he/she is a chav.
The person might be young and carnt afford a propper owned house and might just be naturally violent?

A chav in my view is:
Wears clothes such as LaCoste/Burberry/Nike/Adidas/ClimaCool
Air Max/LaCoste/Nike Shox/Tn Shoes
Tucks trousers into his/her socks
Lots of jewellery espeically gold chains and rings
Uses common lingo like "ow do kidz" and "orrr my godz, gets away you scrat head".
Listens to mainly Rave/Happy Hardcore/MC/Hard Raving
Caps are Tn/Adidas/NY Cap/Burberry

I wear most of this gear so i guess im a chav, i come from a rough part of England which is Middlesbrough, officially the third worst part of England to live in, Smashing.

I go to a failing school which i shall not name but to people who live in Middlesbrough its big green and ugly.

Anyway please post what you think a chav looks like and how he/she acts.

-Jamie
:eusa_danc

Ryan+Joe
17-07-2006, 08:18 PM
nothin

Charlie
17-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Chav is a label, labels are lame.

Neversoft
17-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I define iCrag as a chav.

blaster.
17-07-2006, 08:25 PM
I define icrag, Baving, Barkseh as chavs.

jordybumz!
17-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Devvo :]

Wootzeh
17-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm wearing Adidas, wow, I'm a chav :8

the wombats
17-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Lmao @ people who said me. Yeah I know what school. That is one ugly looking school. And you was basiclly correct of what a chav is in Middlesbrough there. Alls you had to say was green or ugly about your school. :p Also you forgot about the drinking problem their have.

asher_
17-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Someone anti-social, ill educated and having no care for others.

,Alexx.
17-07-2006, 09:01 PM
http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm (http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm) This! Also I come from thornaby. Near middlesbrough but yeah scruffier haha "/. Whats the first & second worst places then?

Seacat
17-07-2006, 09:04 PM
not in terms of clothes, if that was the case then i'd probably be classed as a 'chav' right now as i have a pair of adidas climacool bottoms on, nike top and lacoste trainers + old pair of nike shox in my wardrobe. but thats what i feel comfy wearing round the house n at weekends, through the week at college im usually in jeans (but its too hot for them atm)

Biseinen
17-07-2006, 09:11 PM
A chav in my opinion isn't someone, but an attitude that someone has.

iluvben
17-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Definitions of chav on the Web:

Chav is a derogatory slang term in popular usage throughout the UK. It refers to a subculture stereotype of a person who is uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behaviour. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of white working-class or lower-middle class origin. Chav is used for both sexes, where a male chav is sometimes referred to as a chavster and a female as a chavette. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

urr yea im going with google definitions ;]

Frodo13.
17-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Council
House
And
Violence

PaintYourTarget
17-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Someone anti-social, ill educated and having no care for others.
QFT. You hit the nail on the head with that definition :)

Oracle:
17-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't really label people so I dunno.

the wombats
17-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Council
House
And
Violence
Thats so untrue.

FlyingJesus
17-07-2006, 10:49 PM
It's the fashion.. you can say that it's just the attitude but it's not, it's like saying emo is just the attitude when it's clearly a fashion style.

Flaunte
17-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah alot of morons are saying a chav just lives in council house's and is violent.

Just because somebody lives in a council house doesnt mean he/she is a chav.
Just because someone if violent doesnt mean he/she is a chav.
The person might be young and carnt afford a propper owned house and might just be naturally violent?

A chav in my view is:
Wears clothes such as LaCoste/Burberry/Nike/Adidas/ClimaCool
Air Max/LaCoste/Nike Shox/Tn Shoes
Tucks trousers into his/her socks
Lots of jewellery espeically gold chains and rings
Uses common lingo like "ow do kidz" and "orrr my godz, gets away you scrat head".
Listens to mainly Rave/Happy Hardcore/MC/Hard Raving
Caps are Tn/Adidas/NY Cap/Burberry

I wear most of this gear so i guess im a chav, i come from a rough part of England which is Middlesbrough, officially the third worst part of England to live in, Smashing.

I go to a failing school which i shall not name but to people who live in Middlesbrough its big green and ugly.

Anyway please post what you think a chav looks like and how he/she acts.

-Jamie
:eusa_danc

Hey i live in Middlesbrough, well i used too. Now I live in Yarm where it's all nice. Anyways, Middlesbrough isn't that rough you know and i think i can guess which school you goto.. Unicity Academy? :P I used to goto The Kings Academy ;)

:LeKevin:
17-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey i live in Middlesbrough, well i used too. Now I live in Yarm where it's all nice. Anyways, Middlesbrough isn't that rough you know and i think i can guess which school you goto.. Unicity Academy? :P I used to goto The Kings Academy ;)

I agree, M'bro doesn't seem rough to me, my guess is Kings Manor. Ms Lake all the way ;)

Oracle:
17-07-2006, 11:28 PM
It's the fashion.. you can say that it's just the attitude but it's not, it's like saying emo is just the attitude when it's clearly a fashion style.

Yeah, but isn't the whole 'Emo' dress sense tight jeans and a band top or something, while I know people who are 'Emo' in personality but wear whatever the hell they want.

alexxxxx
18-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Probably 'DA NOTTINGHAM GHETTOZ' Near where I live. There are like Chav factories round in the meadows, st annes, hyson green oh and clifton.

xD Crime everywhere apparently...

Virgin Mary
18-07-2006, 08:05 AM
The Romans and the Jews who killed my son. Oh, and Judas.

Rawrz
18-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Chav is just an image such as emo, goth, skater and so forth. Chavs here wear burberry, bling, fredperry, rockports. They hang in gangs looking for any sort of trouble and most don't go to school because it is ''cool'' to leave school with no grades. They also shorten every word possible when they talk.

asher_
18-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, but isn't the whole 'Emo' dress sense tight jeans and a band top or something, while I know people who are 'Emo' in personality but wear whatever the hell they want.

Or you mean, they think they're emo. The 'emo' genre of music died out ages ago.

Swastika
18-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Worst places to live in England:

1. Kingston Upon Hull
2. Merseyside or something :)
3. Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough's third because of vandalism and theft.

-Jamie

Rawrz
18-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Or you mean, they think they're emo. The 'emo' genre of music died out ages ago.

Doesn't mean people still don't listen to it and like it.

Desjardens
18-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Dont label people :( Its mean, just be yourself :)

Biseinen
18-07-2006, 07:58 PM
EMOtive hardcore still exists today. Just in a few bands.

louder
18-07-2006, 08:13 PM
the definition of a chav in the english dictionary:

Chav : A person who wears sport clothing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!