PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave @ Drayton Manor

Expanding
18-07-2006, 06:50 PM
I went to Drayon Manor today, it was okay, but what really took the mick was Shockwave. We queued for 2 hours for europes only stand up rollercoaster in the blistering heat, and I counted the time from the first drop to the end and it lasted 16 seconds.
2 HOURS FOR 16 SECONDS!!!:eusa_wall

iluvben
18-07-2006, 07:26 PM
That was like last year me and my mate qued for an hour an it goes on for a second , its worth it though :]

-Soph-
18-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Woww, thats actually quite a long time, I guess its because quite a few schools have broken up now..
I didn't really think the shockwave was really that amazing, I'd only go on it if it had a short queue

Anyway glad you had fun =)

Virgin Mary
19-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I went to Drayon Manor today, it was okay, but what really took the mick was Shockwave. We queued for 2 hours for europes only stand up rollercoaster in the blistering heat, and I counted the time from the first drop to the end and it lasted 16 seconds.
2 HOURS FOR 16 SECONDS!!!:eusa_wall
A school from around here went there, maybe that's why.

-Soph-
20-07-2006, 11:56 AM
^ loadss of schools go, Especially in this week as its the last week of school [Well for quite a few schools, And they take you on trips mainly on that week, Well all the schools I know do..] :P

ever seen all the coaches there?

Kardan
20-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, yeah ;)
Didn't you see the ride in action whilst you were in the park.
It's an ok ride though, still prefer G Force...

-Soph-
20-07-2006, 11:57 AM
i've not been since G-force was opened..

[Okay, i've not been in ages..]

Kardan
20-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Come to think of it I'm going next week with a few friends... Hah...

-Soph-
20-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Come to think of it, I've not been to drayton manor since I was just about big enough to go on the big rides [Aww..:rolleyes:]

Ryan+Joe
20-07-2006, 08:58 PM
it's the same with any big rides. you'll always queue for a short ride :p

iGroves
20-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Thats why everyone rebelled when my school offered us a trip to Drayton Manor! The school was so upset, so they cancelled are Special Week (this stupid week which is pointless), silly willies.

Lotsoflaughs!

brownfromtown
05-08-2006, 05:58 PM
i wouldnt even dare go to any theme parks in the six weeks holiday all the big rides are like 2-4 hours summit like that and it lasts like 20 seconds!:o when if you go later you can get on a big ride in like 10 mins

Kardan
05-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Actually, most rides don't take over two hours...
I did wait about two hours the last time I went DM for Shockwave though...
It "broke" down... :rolleyes:

brownfromtown
06-08-2006, 02:22 PM
that is a long time, but it is worth it, g-force and shockwavfe are both good

-Soph-
06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
is half of shockwave still painted a different colour to the rest of it?

brownfromtown
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
is half of shockwave still painted a different colour to the rest of it?
yes it is, half is blue and half is grey and brown, but i think for the closed season they are painting it all *supposidly*

-Soph-
16-08-2006, 01:20 PM
yes it is, half is blue and half is grey and brown, but i think for the closed season they are painting it all *supposidly*

Haha its been like that for years, I think its funny.

brownfromtown
16-08-2006, 02:54 PM
EDIT: I have just found out they have painted it all, and the lift hill is the only bit they have left to do, they have done lots of rides up this year ( like painting them ) and just trying to smarten the park up

Kardan
16-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Haha its been like that for years, I think its funny.

Yeah, they painted the corkscrew for it's 5th Birthday near 2000 I think. Might of been '99 not sure...

Jamie!
19-08-2006, 12:01 AM
2hrs? Last time I went there it was the Log Flume that I had to queue up longest for.

Didn't even think that Shockwave was any good, its only a loop and a few cork*****s :(

Forgot what it was called now but that vertical drop tower thing, but the side where you are stood up. That was the best ride there.

DMB-Hosting
19-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Heh when i went went on 6 times, longest que was 20 minutes

Condas
19-08-2006, 08:43 AM

Omg that ride in your siggie is at D/M And it looks wicked x]

P.s
thorpepark owns Draton manner

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Thorpe Park own Drayton Manor from when? Or are you saying Thorpe park owns Drayton Manor as in it is better, becasue that is true, however Drayton Manor is more of a good family day out.

AdamCookie!
22-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Drayton Manor is frankly crap.

Whats going on with g-force? LMAO.

Staff?? - CHAVS THAT ARE SOOO RUDE IT MAKES YOU WANT TO LEAVE.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Drayton Manor isnt crap, its good for a Family Owned park. it has a good selection of rides. Now, GForce. Drayton Manor build rides that the general public will go ooo, that looks unique therefore pulling in the crowds. This means that Drayton Manor do not follow the 'Theme Park' crowd. We have Shockwave- Europes Only Stand Up rollercoaster featuring a barell roll. Stormforce 10- First water ride with a backwards drop. G-Force First x-Car in u.k. Apocalypse- first free fall, featuring four dimensions, and some more.

This makes Drayton Manor a park with a good selection of unique rides. This brings in the crowds.

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Drayton Manor isnt crap, its good for a Family Owned park. it has a good selection of rides. Now, GForce. Drayton Manor build rides that the general public will go ooo, that looks unique therefore pulling in the crowds. This means that Drayton Manor do not follow the 'Theme Park' crowd. We have Shockwave- Europes Only Stand Up rollercoaster featuring a barell roll. Stormforce 10- First water ride with a backwards drop. G-Force First x-Car in u.k. Apocalypse- first free fall, featuring four dimensions, and some more.

This makes Drayton Manor a park with a good selection of unique rides. This brings in the crowds.

You mean the world's first stand up tower drop ride.

Anyway, Drayton Manor is a family theme park, not an extreme theme park like Alton Towers. I think we can safely safe which one is better.

AdamCookie!
22-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Compare gate figures to Alton Towers and hey ;)

We have the worlds first vertical drop rollercoaster and the worlds flying rollercoaster.

Im sure that beats the worlds first backwards coaster?

Im not arguing, just expressing opinions.

Alton Towers is a family park, it has many family attractions.

alteration
22-08-2006, 09:14 PM
:( i qued for 1hour and we found out it shutdown ff u know

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah! Apocalypse First Free Fall with four dimensions - Sit Down, Sit Down Floorless, Stand up with floor, Stand up Floorless tilting.

Corse Alton Towers is better ,because it was the money. It is owned by a big company, tussauds. Drayton Manor is owned by a family still, which is pretty good really.

ilovejordan
22-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Drayton mannors okay but once you've been on all the "big" rides once thats it. But in places like alton towers you never get sick of air etc.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I would never get sick of Apocalypse. Four rides in one people :D

AdamCookie!
Alton Towers is indeed owned by Tussauds, which is a good thing.

Do DM care about their customers?

Alton Towers do, the staff are always friendly.. Plus, £85 for an annual pass for 52 visits to ANY of their themeparks is good value - Wouldn't get that at DM would you? :P

Halting
You should have counted how long the ride lasted before you qued, and if it didn't look like it was worth it, you shouldn't have gone on it.

My brother qued an hour for the oblivion and that's only a Six second ride.

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Compare gate figures to Alton Towers and hey ;)

We have the worlds first vertical drop rollercoaster and the worlds flying rollercoaster.

Im sure that beats the worlds first backwards coaster?

Im not arguing, just expressing opinions.

Alton Towers is a family park, it has many family attractions.

Yeah, but Alton Towers has more extreme rides, and you can never get sick of them.

Once you've been on G-Force, Shockwave, Apocalypse, Maelstrom and Pandemonium then that's it. Just 5 extreme boring rides, unless you want to count SF10 as extreme.

AdamCookie!
22-08-2006, 09:19 PM

The ride isn't 6 seconds.. It takes that time to get from the top too the end of the "hole".

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:20 PM
you then other rides which you can relax, going to a theme park is not all about Thrills, its about the whole expierence.
Drayton Manor do care about their customers. However Alton pay to send their employees to go on training courses, teaching how to be friendly etc. Drayton Manor do not have the money to do this.

And Alton Towers have : Nemesis, Air (count that as extreme), Oblivion, Ripsaw. Thats all i can count as Extrememe. O and Spinball Whizzer, and Rita. Actually yer i get your point. :P

ilovejordan
22-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I would never get sick of Apocalypse. Four rides in one people :D
Lol apocalypse is boring now

Alton Towers is indeed owned by Tussauds, which is a good thing.

Do DM care about their customers?

Alton Towers do, the staff are always friendly.. Plus, £85 for an annual pass for 52 visits to ANY of their themeparks is good value - Wouldn't get that at DM would you? :P

Dm do care about their customers i remember while queing up for g-force a girl started panicing and one of the staff took her aside and was talking to her etc..

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:23 PM
How can you call Apocalypse boring, its a great ride. All the tension.:P

Halting
You forgot Corksrew and The Black Hole (which was sadly demolished last year).

The ride isn't 6 seconds.. It takes that time to get from the top too the end of the "hole". The ride is six seconds. I read it on an official review of the ride before I visited Alton Towers earlier this year. Tje climb doesn't count. It's from the drop to the brakes.

journilistadz
Corscrew hurts, how can that be intense.

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:24 PM
How can you call Apocalypse boring, its a great ride. All the tension.:P

For 4 seconds.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Rita is good for 6 seconds, oblivion is good for 6 seconds. Now if we count getting up to the top of Apocalypse its a much longer ride.

ilovejordan
22-08-2006, 09:26 PM
all "intense big" rides are very short.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Thats true. They are intended to scare the crap out of you for that short amount of time.

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Rita is good for 6 seconds, oblivion is good for 6 seconds. Now if we count getting up to the top of Apocalypse its a much longer ride.

How is going up 180ft intense, unless your scared of heights.

HOLY COW, OH JESUS, OMG IS DAT MY HOUSE... AMG.. A CAMERA. HIZZZ... OH NO... 1... 2.. AHUWFGSYDBGFSHYUGFASYITCGFASYUGFASTYGFASTDF

Plus, if you count getting to the top on Apocalypse, you've gotta count the extra time on Rita and Oblivion also. :rolleyes:

Halting
22-08-2006, 09:29 PM
There's is no "extra time" on Rita.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Lol going up 180ft and then plumetting back down. That is intense surely! Thats True, but oblivion is smaller than Apocalypse and you call that intense?

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Lol going up 180ft and then plumetting back down. That is intense surely! Thats True, but oblivion is smaller than Apocalypse and you call that intense?

Oblivion you can see yourself plunging into nothingness...

Apocalypse you can just see flashes of colour. I prefer plunging into a black hole.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Standing up titlting has the feeling of falling to the ground. As it tilts you. Im always going to try and stick up for Drayton Manor :P as you can probably tell. :D

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Standing up titlting has the feeling of falling to the ground. As it tilts you. Im always going to try and stick up for Drayton Manor :P as you can probably tell. :D

Well I've been to DM way more times then I've been to AT, but I'm sure that 99% of people on the forum would prefer Oblivion to Apocalypse.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:38 PM
We will see. People do you prefer Oblivion To Standing Up Floorless titlting forward falling 180ft?

Kardan
22-08-2006, 09:48 PM
We will see. People do you prefer Oblivion To Standing Up Floorless titlting forward falling 180ft?

Since I'm the only one voting: I prefer Oblivion.

Oblivion wins.

journilistadz
22-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Lol! Anyway, the topic

DMB-Hosting
22-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I agree with the chaviness of the staff, theres also perv staff who check your belt buts its not the onlu thing they touch :@

AdamCookie!
22-08-2006, 10:55 PM

Oblivion is 180ft dear :rolleyes:

It goes underground, or are you forgetting that? :|

I prefer OBLIVION.

I agree with the chaviness of the staff, theres also perv staff who check your belt buts its not the onlu thing they touch
Sometimes it's impossible not to touch them things, but 9/10 it can be avoided easily.

-Soph-
30-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Oblivion is 180ft dear :rolleyes:

It goes underground, or are you forgetting that? :|

I prefer OBLIVION.

Sometimes it's impossible not to touch them things, but 9/10 it can be avoided easily.

I prefer oblivion, Lol on the towers website it says that its 200ft.
They don't even know how tall their own rides are:rolleyes:

brownfromtown
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
i went to drayton manor today and the longest queue was shockwave :( but it was only 10 mins :D

-Soph-
07-09-2006, 04:55 PM
You should have counted how long the ride lasted before you qued, and if it didn't look like it was worth it, you shouldn't have gone on it.

Its a hell of a lot longer than that, Anyway before you queue you know its going to be a short ride, So you shouldn't queue if you don't think its worth it..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!