PDA

View Full Version : Does Psoriasis affect You...[read on].

Drooped
19-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Please, if you want to argue do it in spam section.

It's a skin condition, it happens when your skin produces too much skin cells and the ones on top die and dry out. I'd post pictures but if you know what exzema is like i'd say psoriasis is similar except WORSE>

I do have psoriasis [pronounce sore-eye-a-sis]
You can get it ANYWHERE on your body, use your head :rolleyes:
And i think i've had it pretty much everywhere. Currently i have psoriasis extremely bad, all over my torso and head and some on my leg. I hide it well and don't let it bother me, and normally i'm amoung the most confident person's you can meet - but lately i've lost most of my confidence nevermind patience.

Psoriasis CAN be painful, if it's in your hair... can you imagine getting plier's and tugging giant lumps of skin and hair off your head? - That's the pain barrier. On your skin on torso and legs etc it's not as paintful but it can bleed.

Roughly 2% of the world's population live with psoriasis, even though it's not commonly known by mouth as exzema is.

Psoriasis is a disease that you've got for life, as i was told when i was a 7 year old boy. it's becoming more known and treatments are being developed, but as i've found out roughly 5 times in my life now - these treatments are temporary.

Psoriasis is linked to many factors in life as scientists have found out.
It's linked with stress [ the reason i get my psoriasis and my condition is deteriorating], asthma, food you eat [ chocolate, cheese, milk - dairy products your warned off *i've never fallowed this advice i live on dairy product* etc] and many more.

Treatments are very vague, but sun is a giant help.
Treatments are often smelly, hard to remove, and often don't work.
Special dermo sunbeds is a treatment, but you can only have 10 courses through-out your life then your stuck.

From self experience one of the treatments i remember EXTREMELY was called "coal tar" imagine applying a similar product related to road tar, but slightly slimier. It took 3 hours roughly to get off and about 8 applications of soap etc.

I used to spend HOURS in baths and still the treatment would remain.
At one point my shirts were turned BROWN because coal tar remained on my skin.

Right now, i'm 15 and i'm refusing treatment if i seeked treatment everyone would get on my back about how i let it flare out, last year i spent 6 months going to hospital EVERY DAY for treatment and once psoriasis cleared it came back THE NEXT MONTH. psoriasis ruins your love, If i went for treatment right now i'd be pulled in hospital for at least 2 weeks. Even though your only allowed to deal with your own health at 16 years old... I avoid treatment. I've lost will power as you can spend between 1 month - the rest of your life fighting one case of psoriasis - depending on your condition and your personal body.

Psoriasis you have for life - it's not a joke. I've often been the butt of a joke about it but those people often get something tossed back at 'um i'll find something wrong with their appearance and slam that in their face, as it CAn and DOES hurt to be made fun of because of a skin condition that god f*cked you over with.

There is actually many types of psoriasis, i have the most common one, or apparently i have more than one kind of psoriasis depending on the body parts and areas i have it :rolleyes:

If you'd like more information on psoriasis please search it in a search engine or click this link - http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/psoriasis.htm

or http://www.psoriasis.org/home/

the bottom one is probably the most detailed one. the top one gives good facts about psoriasis.

Thanks for reading, and btw all this information [except the sites] is from the top of my head, i've been living with psoriasis for over 8 years and will have it until i die - or if scientists find a cure!

[If you have psoriasis and wish to get some help here's a site i found
www.psoriassist.co.uk (http://www.psoriassist.co.uk/)]

Edited by Urges - Thread moved to Health Tips & Advice, please post in the correct section. Thanks ]=D

Lubricant
19-07-2006, 05:01 PM
EDIT:
[Saw other thread - Sorry for posting]

Zenzi
19-07-2006, 06:16 PM
:o. Lets talk about how much furni you've got on habbo allan. :)

Drooped
19-07-2006, 07:14 PM
:o. Lets talk about how much furni you've got on habbo allan. :)

awwiez you can't read...

go fist ben :]

no spamming please, or it'll be closed. tbh iwc.

-Soph-
19-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow, You sound like you've handled it quite well, If I had a condition like that, I wouldn't be able to handle it well at all..
Hope you get on well with it.

Drooped
20-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Wow, You sound like you've handled it quite well, If I had a condition like that, I wouldn't be able to handle it well at all..
Hope you get on well with it.

Hmmn cheers ;)
it's making me angry though 'cause iunno i'm just frustrated. It makes my problems worse as i just snap at anyone and are more... touché. Plus i'm beginnin' to lose my self confidence, i walk somewhere and get paranoid when someone walks behind me incase they're judging me because of it, obsessive complusive.

-Soph-
20-07-2006, 11:02 AM
i walk somewhere and get paranoid when someone walks behind me incase they're judging me because of it, obsessive complusive.

I used to be like that..
I know I don't have Psoriasis, but I always used to be paranoid of people judging me, Because I'm different to most people..
It took me a while [About 2 yrs] But now I don't even think about it

Virgin Mary
20-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Using a gentle exfoliator and moisturiser might help. I don't know though.

foxyfox00
20-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I Wasnt Talking About Psoriasis Before I Was Talking About Harlequin's Disease But Could Thing Of The Name.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlequin_type_ichthyosis

Drooped
20-07-2006, 03:11 PM
foxy i'm even more confused, no change there :rolleyes:

Soph, it's hard aint it :( [or was in your case]

Urges
21-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Thread has been moved, I am bumping so as people realise.

Thanks

cli62
22-07-2006, 01:05 AM
:( i hope scientists find a cure soon. that really stinks

iluvben
22-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Just think their is always someone worse off then you.

Drooped
25-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I understand that, but it's not exactly gonna make thing's go away. And Psoriasis is only the start of my problems.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!