PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a webhost?

Sygon.
20-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Heres another general topic, What do you look for in a webhost?

Heres the things I look for:

1. Excellent Support

2. Proffesionalism

3. Good Uptime/ Fast Server

The price doesnt matter to me if all of those above suits me

What about you?

---MAD---
20-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I was going to say the same. Its quality thats important, not price, price just helps with competition agaisnt other hosts ;).

awelsh
20-07-2006, 10:43 AM
all but i wouldnt mind about the professionalism

Lycan
20-07-2006, 11:20 AM
support,

if it breaks and you can't tell someone to get it working.. then theres a problem

---MAD---
20-07-2006, 11:29 AM
support,

if it breaks and you can't tell someone to get it working.. then theres a problem
Yeah true :).

Slixor
20-07-2006, 11:47 AM
id say all that AND price cos im not gunna pay alot :p

Hitman
20-07-2006, 11:53 AM
1) Uptime - you don't want your site down all the time! :o
2) Support - what if something goes nasty? :o
3) Professionalism - :o
4) Something for number 4 :o

nelly
20-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Yep lol =]
Heres another general topic, What do you look for in a webhost?

Heres the things I look for:

1. Excellent Support

2. Proffesionalism

3. Good Uptime/ Fast Server

The price doesnt matter to me if all of those above suits me

What about you?

additional
20-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Gotta need support, otherwise there is no point.

Slixor
20-07-2006, 12:26 PM
tbh as long as its always up and no problems with it you dont need support

Sygon.
20-07-2006, 12:32 PM
So would you pay one pound a month for no proffesionalism, no support and not good uptime or would you pay 3pounds a month for all of that?

Hitman
20-07-2006, 01:02 PM
So would you pay one pound a month for no proffesionalism, no support and not good uptime or would you pay 3pounds a month for all of that?

£3 a month for all of it.

:)

Mentor
20-07-2006, 01:25 PM
1. Price - there are alot of overpriced hosts that end up provide worse services than the cheep ones.

2. Who else hosts there - I usually try and find out what other websites are hosted on there, this is useful in judging the uptimes and performance of the host. And is often how i find hosts when looking, by useing whois on sites that seem good to determin where there hosted.

3. Space/bandwidth and features - Theres no use having a host that wont fit your site on it, or doesnt provide the fetures you need.

Those are probably my top 3, As long as the host is working i dont requre any support, so i dont see what point there is in paying exstra to get it, since support staff is one of the most expensive things for a webhost "/
Proffesonalim, it realy depends what you mean, id rather deal with a more layed back friendly person than a corporate company exsec "/

Hitman
20-07-2006, 01:37 PM
1. Price - there are alot of overpriced hosts that end up provide worse services than the cheep ones.

2. Who else hosts there - I usually try and find out what other websites are hosted on there, this is useful in judging the uptimes and performance of the host. And is often how i find hosts when looking, by useing whois on sites that seem good to determin where there hosted.

3. Space/bandwidth and features - Theres no use having a host that wont fit your site on it, or doesnt provide the fetures you need.

Those are probably my top 3, As long as the host is working i dont requre any support, so i dont see what point there is in paying exstra to get it, since support staff is one of the most expensive things for a webhost "/
Proffesonalim, it realy depends what you mean, id rather deal with a more layed back friendly person than a corporate company exsec "/

But would you rarther it be a mature adult than a silly little 12 year old?

Mentor
20-07-2006, 02:00 PM
But would you rarther it be a mature adult than a silly little 12 year old?
Id rather judge a host on the servise they provide, rather than who they actualy are "/
since one has an effect on me, and the other i don't really give a flying **** about "/.

ADAM:
20-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey

1. Great uptime
2. Great suport
3. Fast server
4. Prices are good but not to cheap [over selling]
5. They dont lie
6. Custom plans [When i get a new host, i would normally get a custom plan to suit me]

Hitman
20-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Id rather judge a host on the servise they provide, rather than who they actualy are "/
since one has an effect on me, and the other i don't really give a flying **** about "/.

But, I mean like a kid that would block you on msn, or a company that wouldn't get stressy.

Liberation
20-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I wouldnt need hosting atm as ive got my own reseller but if i needed some id look for:

Uptime
Support
Knowlage(sorry if spelt wrong)

Those are my main 3:eusa_danc

A4AOwen
20-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I look for good prices, excellent support and good uptime.

Sygon.
20-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Do you matter about automation?

Also what about support, do you mind ticket support or do you prefer live support.

reindeer.
20-07-2006, 05:27 PM
I look for uptime and support quality.

---MAD---
20-07-2006, 08:13 PM
if the ticket support is within 24 hours, it is better than live support for 1 hour a day :).

Hitman
20-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Ticket support and possibly MSN support.. ;)

Jargit
20-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Yes Definetly I Would Need Support, Proffesionalism, And Things Running Smoothly. Price IsS Always What Seperates The Choice At The End Of The Narrowing Down process.

But If YOu have Things Running Smoothly... What Do You Need Proffesionalism For? And You Wont Need Support Alot Either... So I Would Say The most Important Things Are:

Price
Things Running Smoothly

JoeComins
20-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Uptime - 0.5 days a month maximum
Good Website - If its an "old Nelly site" then im not going to look twice. Now hes sorted it, its much better b/t/w
Somewhere that you can talk to someone - For those lonly time ;)
Online Help - What if I have a problem?
Professionalism, such as postal invoices, etc
Automation is a must - I dont want to pay, and wait 2 days to get it, I need it straight away

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!