PDA

View Full Version : Music

Hurts
21-07-2006, 01:41 AM
i know this may be posted before but i wish habbo would have music in thier rooms like coke music it would make theme rooms so much better well all rooms arghh could be so much fun/

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 01:51 AM
I don't think people would be having much fun since it'll be lagging all the time. :/ Lag is an issue in Coke Music.

Another idea though, would be to have a 'built-in' music player on Habbo. The music player won't be so others can hear your music, but for personal use only. Whichever song you're listening to will then be displayed under your Habbo name.

Any inappropriate language can be filtered with the language filter.

Hurts
21-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Yeah Coke Music is rather laggy :@

Drooped
21-07-2006, 02:05 AM
YAY add more crap to the server to make it laggy. The reason a lot of words are unfiltered is to cut back on lag, think what individual music would cost for lag? nevermind the copyrighting, planning, staffing, business meetings, general time it'll take to get the music? It'd cost way too much than is needed. And personally i'd much rather listen to my own music on my MP3/computer.

Hurts
21-07-2006, 02:15 AM
It said habbo ideas, therefore i said mine so no need to be snappy.

Drooped
21-07-2006, 02:19 AM
not snappy, level headed.

I'm just thinking of all the processes, costs and reality. And it's IDEA's which i'd think are supposed to be debated.

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 02:20 AM
YAY add more crap to the server to make it laggy. The reason a lot of words are unfiltered is to cut back on lag, think what individual music would cost for lag? nevermind the copyrighting, planning, staffing, business meetings, general time it'll take to get the music? It'd cost way too much than is needed. And personally i'd much rather listen to my own music on my MP3/computer.
=/ Filtered does that cause lag. If it did, the first versions of Habbo (after the filter was incorporated) would have had lag issues, but guess what, it didn't. As the hotel grew, more and more lag was experienced because of insufficient servers. Now, however, servers aren't an issue so the lag is handled alright. MSN Messenger has a similar feature and lag is certainly not an issue. The only thing the server would be doing is receiving a single packet of information with the Song title and artist's name.

The music is not streamed through Habbo. It is for personal use. So, again, your argument is flawed.

Copyright? You don't copyright words. You copyright content. If you had to copyright words you wouldn't be able to display the name of your music on MSN Messenger. "/

So yes, your argument wasn't thought out and flawed. It would save so much time if you just said I was right. Which I am.

Drooped
21-07-2006, 02:23 AM
=/ Filtered does that cause lag. If it did, the first versions of Habbo (after the filter was incorporated) would have had lag issues, but guess what, it didn't. As the hotel grew, more and more lag was experienced because of insufficient servers. Now, however, servers aren't an issue so the lag is handled alright. MSN Messenger has a similar feature and lag is certainly not an issue. The only thing the server would be doing is receiving a single packet of information with the Song title and artist's name.

The music is not streamed through Habbo. It is for personal use. So, again, your argument is flawed.

Copyright? You don't copyright words. You copyright content. If you had to copyright words you wouldn't be able to display the name of your music on MSN Messenger. "/

So yes, your argument wasn't thought out and flawed. It would save so much time if you just said I was right. Which I am.

www.habbodown.com go to ask-a-mod and read the little bit about why word's were removed and people get banned for saying unfiltered words.

after that, i'd like your apology ;)

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 02:30 AM
www.habbodown.com (http://www.habbodown.com) go to ask-a-mod and read the little bit about why word's were removed and people get banned for saying unfiltered words.

after that, i'd like your apology ;)

So again, how will it cause lag? Since many words were removed from the filter, the solution for that lag issue becomes the solution for displaying song names.

I can't apologize because you failed all other rebuttals I made.

Drooped
21-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Just like you avoided the point that a habbo/sulake worker has provided evidence that the filter causes lag.

Also, you say a personal player, read the top post he's saying ROOM MUSIC as in EVERYONE hear's the same selected song? So... urm... apology?

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Just like you avoided the point that a habbo/sulake worker has provided evidence that the filter causes lag.

Also, you say a personal player, read the top post he's saying ROOM MUSIC as in EVERYONE hear's the same selected song? So... urm... apology? Actually, no. I pointed out a solution to the 'problem' you thought would be by USING the solution provided by the Habbo Staff. So, once again, you fail.

The second paragraph is just confusion. Originally, I thought you were responding to my post with your first post, so I posted my rebuttal accordingly. However, common sense by reading my arguements would have told you otherwise since you pointed out filtering WORDS and not AUDIO. Apology request denied. :)

Drooped
21-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Why would i concentrate on your post and not the thread starter's? NO. I was just saying if you were to add music to rooms it's more added to the servers. If you have a brain, which from your litteracy i can appreciate you DO then work it out. If it's something for the hotel it's something for the server. And as for my copyright statement, what type of 'music' is this person talking about. They'd have to negotiate with artists to use their music, thus is copyright?

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Why would i concentrate on your post and not the thread starter's? NO. I was just saying if you were to add music to rooms it's more added to the servers. If you have a brain, which from your litteracy i can appreciate you DO then work it out. If it's something for the hotel it's something for the server. And as for my copyright statement, what type of 'music' is this person talking about. They'd have to negotiate with artists to use their music, thus is copyright?You spelled LITERACY incorrectly. Laughable.

What I'm saying is, if you were truly responding to the OP, then why would you even bring up anything concerning lagging because of filtered text and not AUDIO? "/ Clearly, the OP said nothing on displaying text about music on Habbo, so filtering text was not an issue. However, I did mention having a text-based functionality and your rebuttal was in contradiction to mine.

See a connection or need I explain in a more common fashion?

Hurts
21-07-2006, 03:07 AM
I wish i never posted this now. I will think before i type next time.

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 03:12 AM
I wish i never posted this now. I will think before i type next time.
lol It was a good idea, unfortunately, it's not possible because of limited server activity.

Drooped
21-07-2006, 04:04 AM
You spelled LITERACY incorrectly. Laughable.

What I'm saying is, if you were truly responding to the OP, then why would you even bring up anything concerning lagging because of filtered text and not AUDIO? "/ Clearly, the OP said nothing on displaying text about music on Habbo, so filtering text was not an issue. However, I did mention having a text-based functionality and your rebuttal was in contradiction to mine.

See a connection or need I explain in a more common fashion?

Stop bs-ing, and sorry when it's like 3-4am in the morning i'll type amazing, since the spelling police are in town. You need a life! And i thought i was bad.

And your still missing the point and going over stuff you've posted like 3 times now. All i'm stating if what that guy proposed goes through you'd have killer lag with music for every room. Nevermind the amount of money they'd have to plough in, when they will get no profits or any income from it AT ALL. Sulake is a company and obviously only do stuff on what produces income/profit. Adding music will do nothing but make people turn off the sound on their micromedia, i'd imagine. Or i would :rolleyes:

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 04:24 AM
Stop bs-ing, and sorry when it's like 3-4am in the morning i'll type amazing, since the spelling police are in town. You need a life! And i thought i was bad.

And your still missing the point and going over stuff you've posted like 3 times now. All i'm stating if what that guy proposed goes through you'd have killer lag with music for every room. Nevermind the amount of money they'd have to plough in, when they will get no profits or any income from it AT ALL. Sulake is a company and obviously only do stuff on what produces income/profit. Adding music will do nothing but make people turn off the sound on their micromedia, i'd imagine. Or i would :rolleyes:
Goodness, you didn't get it. First, let me explain your spelling error.

I don't care if you can't spell, however, you were trying to be witty in your rebuttal and misspelled LITERACY, which is correlated to literature and its ironic that you'd misspell such a word when using it like you did because it contradicts your message. :rolleyes: Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out. I need a life? This isn't something you say after you've joined Habbox Fourm.

The rest of your message is pointless. Why? Well, because I already explained to you that no points are valid because we were both fighting for different situations. If the case were that we were discussing the OP's idea, then you'd be correct, however, since we were both discussing different ideas, no points are valid. BUT I did point out that even though you were discussing the OP's idea, my post influenced your thinking because of the content your rebuttal used, apropos, creating this situation.

Drooped
21-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Goodness, you didn't get it. First, let me explain your spelling error.

I don't care if you can't spell, however, you were trying to be witty in your rebuttal and misspelled LITERACY, which is correlated to literature and its ironic that you'd misspell such a word when using it like you did because it contradicts your message. :rolleyes: Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out. I need a life? This isn't something you say after you've joined Habbox Fourm.

The rest of your message is pointless. Why? Well, because I already explained to you that no points are valid because we were both fighting for different situations. If the case were that we were discussing the OP's idea, then you'd be correct, however, since we were both discussing different ideas, no points are valid. BUT I did point out that even though you were discussing the OP's idea, my post influenced your thinking because of the content your rebuttal used, apropos, creating this situation.

want to be fussy? and you attempt to humiliate me for accidently typing an extra T when it's early in the mornin' and you can't even spell FORUM?

and just NO. that's all bs.

HUGECOOL
21-07-2006, 05:00 AM
want to be fussy? and you attempt to humiliate me for accidently typing an extra T when it's early in the mornin' and you can't even spell FORUM?

and just NO. that's all bs.

I never humiliated you. You can do that all by yourself. But, you know, I can be pedantic as well.

Check spelling on 'Accidentally'.

Step one- Stand
Step two- Put foot in mouth.

Catzsy
21-07-2006, 10:51 AM

Both words (lyrics) and music are copyright and the copyright is registered through the Mechanical and Copyright Protection Society in London. I know this because my mum is a Music Publisher.

Neversoft
21-07-2006, 01:31 PM
There is bound to be a riot about which music is added to Habbo if this was to ever happen. I don't think I could stand half of it. I don't like the idea, sorry.

Hurts
22-07-2006, 01:19 AM
i dont like my idea anymore can you close the thread? ty

Neversoft
22-07-2006, 11:00 AM
i dont like my idea anymore can you close the thread? ty
Thread closed. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!