PDA

View Full Version : Opacity and CSS

Halting
22-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey,

I recently learned how to play around with an objects opacity/transparency via CSS. I found if you applied the Opacity CSS to an Object, such as a TD, it would make whatever is inside the TD display at the opacity/transparency you set. If you didn't want to make all objects inside the TD show at that opacity/transparency, you could insert a span (<span>) and a bit of css (<span style="position: relative;">). This would then make whatever is inside the span show normally, and the remains of the TD show at the opacity/transparency you set.

However, style="position: relative;" is not Mozilla friendly. I was fitting this nice peice of code into my site like you do, and half way through, I realised that it didn't work in Mozilla Firefox nor Opera, yet it works like a charm in recent versions of IE.

If anybody knows a solution, so it will display the same in Mozilla and Opera, then please let me know. +rep to anybody who can help me and I will kindly give 2 HCs to anybody who gives me a working resolution.

Thanks,
Halting

Tomm
23-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Dont define a global style for a tag - Just add the style property to the tags you want to use this CSS filter.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!