PDA

View Full Version : Man, it takes some getting used to...

darkchicken101
22-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, just got Half-Life 2 and CSS today, and so far Half-Life 2 is great, but CSS baffles me. I'm not new to FPS's. I have been playing them for around 6 years, but I usually play more fast paced ones, like Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory. CSS seems to be a much slower game, as in, it takes longer to kill, longer to run, longer to do everything.

Anyway, I was wondering about 2 things:

1) Are there any servers that cater for people new to the game?

AND

2) Is there a team deathmatch mode?

TheTomb
22-07-2006, 09:16 PM
1) I don't know

2) Yes

NekkLe
23-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, just got Half-Life 2 and CSS today, and so far Half-Life 2 is great, but CSS baffles me. I'm not new to FPS's. I have been playing them for around 6 years, but I usually play more fast paced ones, like Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory. CSS seems to be a much slower game, as in, it takes longer to kill, longer to run, longer to do everything.

Anyway, I was wondering about 2 things:

1) Are there any servers that cater for people new to the game?

AND

2) Is there a team deathmatch mode?
You generally have to search for servers that are aimed at new players, however sometimes they get bombarded by people who just want a little owning :p

Theres servers that are specifically deathmatch, depending on the map you want to play there should be one. Mainly De_Dust2.

Tomm
24-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Also dont spend ages trying to get a perfect aim because you'll most likely get shot while you are messing about.

Infrontation
24-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Also dont spend ages trying to get a perfect aim because you'll most likely get shot while you are messing about.
Best just keeping your aim around head-hight and when you see some some spray and pray :P

Bicept
24-07-2006, 05:45 PM
no.. dont spray at all.. just tap your mouse 3-4 times around , chest and head , thats the best way!

NekkLe
24-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Tis^^

Thats how i've learnt, obviously not in close combat situations but from a distance you should try it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!