PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] F-117 Nighthawk

Neptune
22-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I did this on paint from scratch. please post your comments and rate /10

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5203/f117nighthawkks3.png (http://imageshack.us)

Based off these images and a toy model i have:

http://images.google.ca/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=f-117+nighthawk

Edge
22-07-2006, 08:24 PM
That..that..that is unbelievably brilliant 10/10 +rep i love itttt :D

From First To Last
22-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Night hawk is what counter strike calls Desert Eagles. anyway. not habbo related. spose its ok. not great, the shading makes it look to square around the wing and at the front its a bit "smushed together" if you know what i mean.

7/10

Neptune
22-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Night hawk is what counter strike calls Desert Eagles.
whats that have to do with this alt?

not habbo related.
sorry that was a mistake. could a mod please move it to the non-habbo related forum?

the shading makes it look to square around the wing and at the front its a bit "smushed together" if you know what i mean.
no i dont know what you mean. have you ever seen a f-117 nighthawk? their designed to absorb radar signals so the edges are sharp. look at the link i gave then see if it still looks "square"

Nemo
22-07-2006, 08:35 PM
looks weird in some places but still great, also wrong section :)

joboman
22-07-2006, 08:48 PM
sorry but it seriously looks deformed. perhaps its because of the angle but a lot of the shading is wrong

Kasabian
22-07-2006, 08:51 PM
I love it, Seeing as I love Stealth fighters.

9/10, Not elite worthy though.
I feel the outlines aren't good even for line art.

Stitch
22-07-2006, 09:00 PM
10/10! Love it!

EDIT:
Heres a picture of a real one if people want one...

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1657/f117fl9.png

Neptune
22-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't know what is wrong with the plane, your comments are much too vague. I tried my best to make it look like a Nighthawk, and to me it looks pretty accurate. the light is coming from behind the plane directly in the centre. If you think it looks odd, then it is odd. When this aircraft was first introduced to the public, people thought it was alien-like. So yes, the real F-117 Nighthawk does look "deformed". So for future posts, please dont tell me it looks weird, if it does look weird compared to a real picture, please let me know and provide an image as proof.

Kasabian
22-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Think you could edit the front? In my opinion, you've gone to dark too early.

Dudeitsme
22-07-2006, 11:02 PM
All of the comments yall have posted are complety ignorant , Freak on a leash you gave it a 7/10 , saying the shading is wrong when its not, you really can't say anything about shading because you shading is horriblem

This is a very good alt i love your work, But this one isnt the best youve done, i can't really fault anything 9/10

JonJon
23-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeh Freak, you always criticize everything! Let me see some of your work?

Ekalb
23-07-2006, 12:27 AM
The guns at the front aren't aligned, the part where it is almost black is way too dark. The two logos on the side look a bit messy, the tail probably should have a bit more shading/lightening, I'm not too crazy about some of the window shapes.
To me it seems maybe a bit rushed? A bit basic? especially compared to some of your other art.

kel
23-07-2006, 12:29 AM
9/10 gj +rep <3

:-Mystical.Dave-
23-07-2006, 02:45 AM
Utterly superb!
I think the best alt you have made :)
10/10 + REP

Neptune
23-07-2006, 03:17 AM
The guns at the front aren't aligned,
lol theyre not guns. theyre antennas and they might look curved because they are, they kinda have a webbing before they attach the to nose of the plane. proof: http://www.ae.utexas.edu/~aiaa/oldsite/webgraphics/f117(2).gif

the part where it is almost black is way too dark.
well, the paint of the plane is black. also the light source is above the right wing, and the dark black part is the only surface of the plane that is facing directly away from the light source.

The two logos on the side look a bit messy, the tail probably should have a bit more shading/lightening, I'm not too crazy about some of the window shapes.
logos that small can only have so much detail in them before they look cluttered. the tail is a perfectly flat surface and isnt glass, so it needs no shading. im sorry you dont find the shape of the windows of the nighthawk appealing, but thats how they are.

To me it seems maybe a bit rushed? A bit basic? especially compared to some of your other art.
well every alt i make doesnt have a guarantee that its going to be better then the one i made before. im human, try to judge it separate from my other work. it might look basic because of the flat edges that make up the design of the plane.

Ekalb
23-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Well if the rest of the craft is meant to be black make those parts a lot darker.
And even if it is a flat surface that isn't glass, if there is light source involved on an angled piece it should show it.
Add a bit of grey in with the logos on the side and try to neaten them up.

Menshevik
23-07-2006, 07:13 AM
The nighthawk irl is ugly so yeah.
Anywaysm back fins looks awkwards, as if one is straight up, and the other is to the side, thus making it lopsided.

Adam$
23-07-2006, 09:41 AM
It's great, I love it. =D

ItsDave
23-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Love it, the shadings kl. 9/10

Catchetat
24-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Great stuff! Must've tok you really long. I have no idea F-117 Nighthawk is, nor do I care, but REP for effort :)

Neptune
26-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Im getting large amount of 9/10s, but no one has said anything to improve on to get a 10/10. And Cptn.kewl everybody says that it is not as good as my other work, which other work are you talking about?

PaintYourTarget
26-07-2006, 07:17 PM
I've tried many-a-time to draw a Nighthawk, in pixel art and on paper, and I have never come anywhere near as close and accurate as that. It is amazing. The F117 is one of the hardest planes to get right, despite the straightness, and you have it spot on.

DJ-Precocious
27-07-2006, 05:05 PM
I think it is great, although he did ask for C+C i dont think he deserved you being so blunt that you dont like him, i think it is a great likeness, and He obviously put a lot into it so good on him i would give you 2 rep points but i can only give one.

10/10

com-bat
27-07-2006, 06:41 PM
prop is right f-117 is very hard to draw beacause of all the radar deflecting
design nice job but its a little bit big and the colours are slightly wrong
like the windows :P I think they have a slight translusent tint and whats with
the black bits dosn't look wright with the other parts of the plane.

any whoo the rest of the shades and stuff are great I dont really give ratings
just c+c

Asheh. ♥
27-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Omgz0rz. Beautiful. 10/10

Neptune
27-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Something has been brought to my attention. I do my alts on an old computer, which has an old monitor. Right now im viewing it through a new LCD/Plasma-type monitor and i see that the colours are way off. The middle window side is much too dark compared to the other parts of the plane, which looks like a light shade of grey. So when rating, keep in mind that to me the plane looks perfectly shaded, but on new computers it might not.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!