PDA

View Full Version : Omgz, DIFFICULT.

Metric.
23-07-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm learning how to drive the new 5-speed car that my mom bought for the office.
It's a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta (diesel).
It keeps stalling because I forget to switch gears (because I'm use to the automatic) and then I have to re-start it, but once I get going on the highway it'll fly!
I really love the car becuase it's sporty and it's very economical (60+MPG) I just wish my mom got it in an automatic transmission =)

Drewar
23-07-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm learning how to drive the new 5-speed car that my mom bought for the office.
It's a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta (diesel).
It keeps stalling because I forget to switch gears (because I'm use to the automatic) and then I have to re-start it, but once I get going on the highway it'll fly!
I really love the car becuase it's sporty and it's very economical (60+MPG) I just wish my mom got it in an automatic transmission =)
Can't wait to drive next year :p Woooo lol.

Glory
23-07-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm getting a manual honda, are they really hard to learn to drive? I watched a friend do it and it looks really easy.

Adam$
23-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I hate automatic cars. Don't ask me why, but I much prefer the manual transmission.

Chaz
23-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Ok, i'm legaly not allowed to drive, but i still find manual easier?

Robzor
23-07-2006, 11:06 AM
i always say automatic cars are for people who cant drive
but if you get a manual car you must have a full license , so if theres that fab car you want and its not in automatic well... bad luck :P

Rawrz
23-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I would prefer automatic simple because i'm lazy. :]

cocaine
23-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Automatics are good, but most cars are manual anyway.

Impossible
23-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I am 13, i can drive a manual car. LOL!

cocaine
23-07-2006, 11:26 AM

Sure you can.

Ryan+Joe
23-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I'd prefer to drive a manual car when I'm older. :]

Cypher-
23-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm getting a manual honda, are they really hard to learn to drive? I watched a friend do it and it looks really easy.

I bought a manual honda civic type r a couple of months ago when I got my license and they are great to drive, smooth handling and when you get it on a nice straight bit of road its nice to open it up. Great car for the younger driver like moi.

expedition - the new jetta is an amazingly boring car, whatever good qualities it had has been ruined by your mother buying an automatic.

Metric.
24-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I bought a manual honda civic type r a couple of months ago when I got my license and they are great to drive, smooth handling and when you get it on a nice straight bit of road its nice to open it up. Great car for the younger driver like moi.

expedition - the new jetta is an amazingly boring car, whatever good qualities it had has been ruined by your mother buying an automatic.

I looked at the new Civic a few months ago when the van was in getting serviced and they had one in the showroom and it was an automatic 4-door EX model. It was a nice car but I don't really like center console/dash area, it seamed a bit wierd and small but I LOVED the digital spedometer!!!!!! Another good thing with the Civic is that the base model comes with all the options like A/C, power windows, locks & mirrors and a CD player, I don't know if the base model Jetta comes loaded or not? Ours is a TDI model and it comes with all the power options, alloy wheels(which I LOVE)& a moonroof. The clutch is a nightmare though.

splatttt
25-07-2006, 02:19 AM
I have a long way to go..

Adam$
25-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm sure you won't be able to. I'm sure you'll just be able to perform basic actions, like me.

Virgin Mary
25-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Driving looks relatively easy enough, boys can't drive though :(

Adam$
25-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Driving looks relatively easy enough, boys can't drive though :(
Pfft. =D

PaintYourTarget
25-07-2006, 02:38 PM
How long untill this one ends up in a ditch? ;)

Kasabian
25-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I can do the basics in a manual.

How long until this one ends up in a ditch? ;)

Rofl, that wasn't very nice ;).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!