PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Bobba Filter

Z-Diddy
24-07-2004, 10:58 PM
:@ :@ :@

i hate the filter... i know its necessary but they taking it to far... i was talking about "Futurama" in a room and said Bender and it said it was a swear... i called MYSELF a redneck and it said it was a swear... for gods sakes ppl POO!!!! poo is a substitute for swear word... not a swear... PoopHeads

FRISC0
24-07-2004, 11:20 PM
OMG WE CANT SAT POO thats a bit o.t.t(over the top)

FRISC0
24-07-2004, 11:32 PM
OMG WE CANT SAT POO thats a bit o.t.t(over the top)

*Edit by bowling-4-soup. Warning - You have broken the forum rules, please do not double post

Concentric
24-07-2004, 11:44 PM
well i do think they could revise some of the words censored, i dont reallly think "poo" is likely to cause offense :eusa_thin

TopBuz
25-07-2004, 12:21 AM
i was amazed the other day to find the word 'pole' came up as bobba...
is that a swear? i dont think so.
people who want to be offensive always find a way around the filter anyway.
changing letters or inserting dots etc. but i think the filter is a good thing becaust it makes you think about wat you are saying if nothing else.
but i agree they could relax it a little bit.
another one that annoys me all the time is wen u say 'if u can' or 'if u could' in a sentence, the filter throws in a bobba.
it does my freakin' head in! :p

Moose
25-07-2004, 07:07 AM
lol we are lucky we cant say Damn on .ca yea, why poo? and if u say "Offer me a Red rug" it bobba's it

wishkah
25-07-2004, 10:56 AM
i dont gets wots wrong wi saying hotmail?
poo is stupid.
so from now on jus say p00,
but i find bobba comes up mid senetencefor no real reason
:)

Pixel
25-07-2004, 11:00 AM
I Hate The Bobba Filter I Comes Up In The Middle Os A Sentance Like If You Say: Has Anyone Got A Red Rug It Comes Up As Has Anyone Got A ReBobba or something like that

Jane
25-07-2004, 11:51 AM
poo is stupid.

They bobba " hotmail " Because your e-mail address is personal info and they dont want you to give it out.

name14
25-07-2004, 12:30 PM
when you sai "if u give me this then i will give you that" it comes up as bobba you give me this then i will give yoo that" try say if u on habbo :(

Z-Diddy
25-07-2004, 06:25 PM
they bobba red rug 'cause of reD RUG. and from now on... i say pew or pewp XD 'bobba' that pew heads XD

:8 Over Imaginative :8

iRoss
25-07-2004, 06:32 PM
well i do think they could revise some of the words censored, i dont reallly think "poo" is likely to cause offense :eusa_thin

It could be if a young person was nline searchin through habbo and then they someone says the word poo and the kid tells tehre parents then the parents sue habbo for all of there money! That's in the worst case ofcourse! :eusa_thin

Concentric
25-07-2004, 06:51 PM
It could be if a young person was nline searchin through habbo and then they someone says the word poo and the kid tells tehre parents then the parents sue habbo for all of there money! That's in the worst case ofcourse! :eusa_thin
lmao, so your saying a kids parents are gonna sue habbo because someone said "poo"
hello?!?!?

iRoss
25-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Probably not but the child and there parents could be offended, because of there religion or something like that :rolleyes_

Kevy
25-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Ya once they filtered poo and poop that made me blow a gasket, the thing i dont get is they wont filter out hell or gay but yet the filtered out poop and poo, i think habbo is pushing this safety thing way over the top and just leave it as it is :@

Gottomi
25-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Poo isnt bobbad out anymore, like it says on habbox. But still they have a long way to go. I dont think they should bobba "fu" even though it could mean something bad, but there are alot of cases where one word ends with a
F and the next word begins with a U. :@

AngelDude2
26-07-2004, 08:21 AM
lol how would poo offend a nine year old they probally say it all the time! :D

Concentric
26-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Probably not but the child and there parents could be offended, because of there religion or something like that :rolleyes_
i completely disagree, "poo" couldnt offend a fly :8

Jane
26-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Ok, poo was taking it a bit far but I think they are using the bobba filter on more words because the age of people who are going on habbo is now a lot younger than it was when habbo was first started

lauralol
26-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Poo isnt actually filtered any more, they stopped it after about a day. But I really hate the bobba filter, Im sure most "9 yr olds" swear all the time at school and with their friends, it's not like they havent heard a swear word before! I mean every small kid must've heard their parents swear before! Im sure they wouldnt care or take offence to it. If a 9 yr old has unsupervised access to the internet, Im sure they go on all kinds of chatrooms and hear people swearing. I really don't think the bobba filter is neccasary

hotslime
26-07-2004, 08:07 PM

i hate the filter... i know its necessary but they taking it to far... i was talking about "Futurama" in a room and said Bender and it said it was a swear... i called MYSELF a redneck and it said it was a swear... for gods sakes ppl POO!!!! poo is a substitute for swear word... not a swear... PoopHeads

wow.. um. poo is discusting topic thats why it was bobbaed, but so many little kids were complaning "like you" thats they put it back

Poo
Poop

are unbobbaed now =)

Simonac55
28-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Ya I think the filter is good for keeping us from saying bad words but sometimes, it does exagerate. I agree that they should recheck some words on it.

Xx.HoTiE.xX
29-07-2004, 09:54 PM
i dont understand y we cant say "poo" or "poop" they arent swears! the bobba filter really blocks out some dumb words that arent even swears :@

Concentric
30-07-2004, 09:30 PM
both come up as BOBBA and people from certain places' homes come up as bobba (middlesex wessex sussex etc) because of the word ***!
yes but you shouldnt need to talk about those places anyway cos you shouldnt be talking about your personal details :p

Butcher11
02-08-2004, 06:52 PM
it was before, but not sure if they changed it, anyway i hope they bobba it.

Brother Ryan
02-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Its for people older than 12, i know many children that swear, if they say its for 12 + then get rid of the filter. If they keep the filter, lower the minmum age to 8 or something, its pointless for the current minimum age.

Butcher11
02-08-2004, 07:54 PM
I come on the hotel, not to here rude words, butt enjoy it, and nothign is worse then kids yelling swears to be cool

yazziyazzi
02-08-2004, 07:56 PM
I come on the hotel, not to here rude words, butt enjoy it, and nothign is worse then kids yelling swears to be cool you right
:eusa_eh: :eusa_sick :eusa_eh: :eusa_sick

Brother Ryan
02-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Hmmm, I will agree but some words are pointless in it, like (am I allowed to say it?), they are usually used in conversation anyway.

Usher
03-08-2004, 04:48 AM
I am soo tired of the bobba filter.. they should change it to something like "meatballs" or "cheesedoodles!" instead of bobba all the time.. :eusa_snoo

Brother Ryan
03-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Habbo are too civilised for their own good, nmost words are used in normal conversation anyway, and what happens if you have a dog show and you want to use the real words.

Arcanum
04-08-2004, 06:00 AM

I agree, they take it way too far for us older habbos, but the young ones need to be protected! :p

-Arcanum

Brother Ryan
04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
What young ones, they're 12+ thats not young, you're known as youths or pre-teens, and why do they have to be protected, loads of children swear, its quite known, I dont find swear words rude, they're words that seem rude.

ludacris
04-08-2004, 05:42 PM
poo is stupid.
i comes up boba when u say hotmail bcos they dnt wont u to give out ur e-mail

* Edited by bowling-4-soup - If you look carefully this has already been posted by me. Please do not post it again

Brother Ryan
05-08-2004, 11:20 AM
If they want to send e-mail etc, then just push the console and change msg to e-mail, simple as that. Or Habbo can update and you can send msn messages over it like some forums.

Jane
05-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I am sure children who are 12 + swear but think about it. If they were on habbo saying all these swear words and their parents walked in, then in most cases they would be banned from habbo, which isnt fair because people go on habbo to enjoy it.

Brother Ryan
07-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Well they should at least change bobba, on my forum the
S word is 'kellogs',
C word is 'Henry ****per, the man who inventer the flushing toilet!'
F word is 'Ralph Harris'
Bilbo but swap B with a D is 'Amusingly shaped vegetable.'
the other C word is plug I think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!