PDA

View Full Version : FanSite Voting

YaTwice
06-02-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm not to sure how many read the fansite voting page but...

PLEASE NOTE: Don’t nominate sites that are already on the list, we are not planning on removing any, so you will have wasted your vote! So if you vote for Habbox, Habboxradio, or habboxforum you are just waisting your vote.

With this said, why does Habbox have the vote for the forum and radio on the main page? Do you really want Habbos to throw their vote away?
Just wondering?

moved by sierk from Habbox Help Desk forum

Concentric
06-02-2005, 10:27 PM
So because the forum and radio are part of Habbox they don't count as seperate fansites is what you're saying?

YaTwice
06-02-2005, 10:29 PM
So because the forum and radio are part of Habbox they don't count as seperate fansites is what you're saying?
Yes thats what I am saying.

If YaTwice.com got in the fansite list, I couldn't get YaTwice.com/mobi listed as its already there as YaTwice.com

I just hate to see so many votes waisted...

jrh2002
06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
They are classed as seperate sites using different domain names with different owners though.

They are just linked to habbox.com so we were told it would be ok.

YaTwice
06-02-2005, 11:16 PM
They are classed as seperate sites using different domain names with different owners though.
They are just linked to habbox.com so we were told it would be ok.
Why not just have you one site listed?
Isn't it a bit unfair to the many other fansites who are trying to get listed and only have one domain?

jrh2002
06-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Alot of people were being very funny about the forum and radio using the fansite logo so this is a way of solving that. I emailed habbo but got no reply about using the logo so thats why we are trying to get them included. Maybe habbo will tell us we can use the logo and may decide to only have habbox.com on the list and not want 3 habbox sites but that is is totally up to them.
Isn't it a bit unfair to the many other fansites who are trying to get listed and only have one domain?

Seacat
08-02-2005, 12:57 AM
YaTwice -
Sierk owns www.habbox.com
Jrh owns www.habboxforum.com
Habboxforum is linked from Habbox, but there is a different owner for both the sites, so I think jrh should be able to have his site on the official fansite list aswell as sierk, thats why www.habboxforum.com has my vote :)

Corey777
08-02-2005, 02:34 AM
The Official FanSite list is for the most popular Habbo fansites. If Habbox, Habboxforum, and Habboxradio, are among the most popular, then they all deserve to be there.

P@ND@
08-02-2005, 09:46 AM
The Official FanSite list is for the most popular Habbo fansites. If Habbox, Habboxforum, and Habboxradio, are among the most popular, then they all deserve to be there.
No =/
Whit just 2 simple clicks yoru at the forum/radio when your on Habbox.
When it would be in the official fansite list it woudl take more clicks ..
Mind the clicks!

theoldeagle
08-02-2005, 11:07 PM
I agree with YaTwice - all of the "Habbox" community is still considered as one site.. And the rules do state that a site can only be listed once.. It doesn't matter that you use different URLs, by using the name "Habbox" you agree that it is the same.

The fact that you consider them to be owned by different people is pathetic because in the staff section, jrh2002 is listed under the "management" section. Which to me tells me that he is basically an owner of the Habbox site.

You should not be able to display the official fansite stamp on all of the sites because the "official" status is granted to the site in whole and not all of the different areas.

Anyways Callie said that they wont be put up for the vote so nyer.

Corey777
08-02-2005, 11:29 PM
No =/
Mind the clicks!

Your post has nothing to do with what I posted. I said that if they are the most popular, they deserve to be there. Then you say some banter about how many clicks it takes?

And no, The y are all Different URL's. If each of the three sites were done like this: Habbox.com, Habbox.com/forum, Habbox.com/Radio then yes, it would count as ONE site. But no, it is not this way, each site, is one. 3 Domains are registered and paid for instead of just one.

Masterman12
09-02-2005, 02:04 AM
No =/
Mind the clicks!

I agree its unfair to have all 3 on the offical site list if you can get to em with 1 or 2 clicks

Seacat
09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
I agree its unfair to have all 3 on the offical site list if you can get to em with 1 or 2 clicks
ok, so you are saying that if you can get to a site within one or two clicks from an official site, then the site you are going to shouldn't be official? If thats the case, then that means half of the fansites should be removed as you can get to them all from Habbohut links page.. :eusa_thin
Dont think so :)

Masterman12
10-02-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree with YaTwice. If you just go to Habbox and in 1 or 2 clicks youre at the forum or radio. So I think that REAL sites not just links should be on the list

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!