PDA

View Full Version : Rant

cocaine
25-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Fgs, why are some members on this forum so immature and makes comments that don't concern them or are the most stupid comments that offend, and make fun of people, whether they claim to be 'Emo', 'chav', etc like this - http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=1981861&postcount=2. I mean, why do you really need to say that? Is it cos you want to fit in, in some wa? Maybe be a sheep and follow the crowd, because thats why some people may want to leave, or decide not to join because of the predujice [SP] that goes on against different types of people. It seems now whatever you are you'll be stereotyped and made fun of, just like that link above there. Comments sometimes are best kept to yourselves, and really are not needed.

That may not have been a long rant, i can't think of anything else :rolleyes:

rant over

Wayne
25-07-2006, 05:31 PM
I also saw that post, and found it quite pointless. I support your rant fully, because I feel there are a lot of people on here who just do the same as each other, call other people etc.

DaveTaylor
25-07-2006, 05:33 PM
your right, 100% right

Virgin Mary
25-07-2006, 05:33 PM
For rep.

Kasabian
25-07-2006, 05:35 PM
"YAH YAH SAFE MAN"

I hear what your saying Matt, it isn't right.

asher_
25-07-2006, 05:38 PM
You can't expect everyone to be solicitous on a forum. Forums are a place for discussion, debate and toasting the half-witted ;DDDDDDDDDD I'm equally hacked off with people like you who post threads like this.

cocaine
25-07-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm equally hacked off with people like you who post threads like this.

I believe freedom of speech is somewhat allowed on this forum, but its not exactly directed at someone, saying, 'ok go and slit your emo wrists now', I'm speaking out against it, cos its not necessary

asher_
25-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I believe freedom of speech is somewhat allowed on this forum, but its not exactly directed at someone, saying, 'ok go and slit your emo wrists now', I'm speaking out against it, cos its not necessary

What I was trying to get at is that you're not going to change the attitudes of habbox's users. I suppose that comment about the wrist slitting was perhaps a little uncalled for but I wouldn't take it to heart.

RedStratocas
25-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Prejudice is discluding someone because of something they cant control like skin color or gender, not how you dress or what music you listen to.

splatttt
25-07-2006, 05:59 PM
They said that to me..

How stupid..

asher_
25-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Prejudice is discluding someone because of something they cant control like skin color or gender, not how you dress or what music you listen to.

No... prejudism covers a lot more things.

edible
25-07-2006, 06:12 PM
I agree with your rant. Someones saying im emo. I hate that person.

Virgin Mary
25-07-2006, 06:15 PM
What social subcategory you are classed as shouldn't matter, what matters is what you are like as a person.

WHANGFACE
25-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Matt, I back you up 100%. People seem to not have minds of their own?

louder
25-07-2006, 06:28 PM
i aint emo/scene or nothing (even though craig says i am) :rolleyes:

but i do think it's impossible to be what you want on this forum without being flamed.
that post was out of line..

Victimized
25-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I think it's because some of the members on here with the most rep and most posts are like that so people think they should follow what they say/do so they can become included in the forum.

Billay
25-07-2006, 07:12 PM
i 109% agree with you.

you do need to respect some opinoins but that comment was uncalled for.

Infrontation
25-07-2006, 07:16 PM
There are so many members on this forum that I think sometimes it can look like people are 'following the crowd' or 'trying too fit in'. Sometimes on this forum if you don't follow the crowd and say something on a post where someone has been flamed like 'Don't go flaming him because he is emo' you will be bombarded with comments. I get the point that Matt is making about inappropriate comments like 'go slit your wrists emo' totally. Most people fit into some catagory and for every group of people there are things that can be said and are said on this forum that shouldn't be. I think it should be harsh treatment for those who flame people because of 'what they are'.

FrozenWhisper
26-07-2006, 07:57 AM
That post was harse. Why don't peole understand not all emo's slit there wrists, I don't know what I am, I like "emo" music, wear black alot, but meh, anyway. What annoys me is all the hate emo's get online. It's harse.

Infrontation
26-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Agreed ;] I'm the same I like 'emo music' and do wear quite a lot of black but I don't have all the 'other characteristics' - Long black hair etc. I'm in between ;[

Victimized
26-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah same, but i can't keep up with any of the labels anymore one minute i'm sure a band are emo and then epople start saying their post-hardcore or metal-core or some other random genre. But i do like "emo" bands but apart from that i hate wearing black stuff, you get so hot in it! And i pretty much don't fit into any of the other emo stereotypes.

Kasabian
26-07-2006, 09:25 AM
I get called Emo for listening to Slipknot & Bullet for my valentine "/.

FrozenWhisper
26-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Agreed ;] I'm the same I like 'emo music' and do wear quite a lot of black but I don't have all the 'other characteristics' - Long black hair etc. I'm in between ;[
I have long ginger hair :(. Tbh, I would mind being an emo, but I'm not going to TRY and be one.

Charlie
26-07-2006, 10:37 AM
I completely agree with what your saying. I think that, if the person is happy with the way they are, and what they do then leave them to it, theres no need to go and flame them because of it. And like someone else said, i think that some people are just following the crowd & trying to fit in with the rest. But, i think people should keep comments like that to themselfs, as its just uncalled for.

cocaine
26-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Ooh, I thought you'd all like argue against me O.o, thanks!

Virgin Mary
26-07-2006, 04:31 PM
There's a difference between trying to be something and naturally being it.

RedStratocas
26-07-2006, 05:48 PM
There's a difference between trying to be something and naturally being it.

Most people dont understand that. People hate it when someone stereotypes for what someone else is wearing. They dont relize they CHOOSE those clothes. =/ Thus thats an expression of themselves-- which in turn actually does mean you can tell a lot about a person by what they wear.

Virgin Mary
26-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Most people dont understand that. People hate it when someone stereotypes for what someone else is wearing. They dont relize they CHOOSE those clothes. =/ Thus thats an expression of themselves-- which in turn actually does mean you can tell a lot about a person by what they wear.
Yes, but this is not always the case as I was trying to imply. Whilst some people are just acting how they want to and dressing in clothes they want to, some people act and dress to fit a certain stereotype purposely.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!