PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Site Layout - Version 1

JoeComins
25-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I need your comments on this, and how I coudl improve

http://www.****************/uploads/a9fe77dcb1.jpg

Mentor
25-07-2006, 07:49 PM
i would think most people would prefer tutorals in a tutoral site as opposed to 2/3's of the page being taken up by a banner "/

JoeComins
25-07-2006, 07:51 PM
2/3 of what?
2/3 of infinity?

Obviously the page extends. ''/

And on your logic, it would be able half

Oracle:
25-07-2006, 07:53 PM
That looks more like a portfolio or blog layout, not something to do with tutorials, you want something which uses the layout and makes it look good, so what it expands it just doesn't look cool. Look at other tutorial sites and thats how you want layouts, not just your average ones JoeComins.

Impossible
25-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Lmao, its actually really not that good. I fail to see how you are always so big headed about how good your layouts are :l

JoeComins
25-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Well Oracle, if I was to look and cpy other sites, then what would be the point of making my own?
I dont want my site to follow the same rules as every other site out there. I want my site to be the site that Thybag is to Randomness. Tottaly different.

Find me another site like ThyBag!

And Ryan. How am I being big headed this time? Ive asked for your comments

Mentor
25-07-2006, 07:56 PM
2/3 of what?
2/3 of infinity?

Obviously the page extends. ''/

And on your logic, it would be able half
Well i though when i said "2/3's of the page" you would have twiged on but i guess not.
Page being the document, more important the documents first apperance, aka what fits in to the browser window at start, without scrolling, most smaller screen res people wont be seeing anything BUT banner, which isnt particaly appealing for a tutoral site anyway "/

JoeComins
25-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Then why cant people just say that instead of things such as:
Lmao, its actually really not that good. I fail to see how you are always so big headed about how good your layouts are :l

I have a right to make crap layouts you know Ryan

Impossible
25-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I didnt say now, but like when your always asking such high prices, and like saying in other peoples threads ooh i can make so much better ones, i even saw a thread earlier where you said something like, 'ooh take a look at my thread for my website layout its much better' or something

Edited by ---MAD--- (forum moderator): Please stay on topic, thanks :).

JoeComins
25-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I was talking about teh content. The guy tehre had put two lines saying: Making Custom Layouts. Post like this: Name, Website Name

I was saying he left out the exmaples, prices, themes, his style etc.

And if I wanted to, I coudl ask 3 billion pounds. Doesnt mean people have to pay it. £20 isnt alot.

I actually said this:

God damn it.
When will people learn.

Look what I wrote for my Layout Advertisment:
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=197552

Then look at yours.

Then I said:

If youd read what I put, and deduct the correct collusion, you will see that I meant you have wrote 2 lines, and what to post.
Youve explained nothing. Not their price, not what style, not how to pay, no examples.

Unpredictible.1
25-07-2006, 08:04 PM
WOW..

Umm big banner the only advise i could give to you is

1. Don't have a big banner you love them so much lol
2. Not so keen on the colour tho..

JoeComins
25-07-2006, 08:31 PM
It has a better perspective when uploaded and full screen

http://jctest.u13.biz/TUT-1/

Unpredictible.1
25-07-2006, 08:33 PM
nah still don't like it..

Luckyrare
25-07-2006, 08:55 PM
I dont like it sorry, not your best work...

DMB-Hosting
25-07-2006, 09:00 PM
I think its horrible sorry

---MAD---
25-07-2006, 09:59 PM
It has a better perspective when uploaded and full screen

http://jctest.u13.biz/TUT-1/
Link doesnt work. I think the banner might need to be made smaller :).

[Oli]
25-07-2006, 10:15 PM
to be honest.
i like it (like 6/10), but it looks more like a portfolio to me then a tutorial website template

ADAM:
25-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey

Its not your best work Joe. BUT most tutorial sites look the same but this has that something about it what makes it stand out. [I will post more tomorrow when i am not ****'ed]

timROGERS
26-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Damn, it's very nice. And I agree with Carl about the banner.

alexxxxx
26-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I like that style.

SimplyTech
26-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Ryan, Joe has a style on here that no one else can mimic some people produce good layouts but they arent one of a kind there are plenty like them but Joes are one of a kind.

For a blog 8/10
For a tutorial site 7/10
Its nice but not your best work

D3stroyer
26-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Pfft, This really shows what you people know, to all the people just saying don't like it sorry post why, i'm dreading to see you create a layout, most of you willknow ive been bugging joe to make decent layouts not lieke his ordinary ones, and i actually think this is one of his best ones, it's aligned perfectly
, Colouring is good, the banner is blended good, but i do agree that most of the layout is taken up by boxes but theat can be sorted, well odne ;)

Slixor
26-07-2006, 09:12 AM
the banner is completly weird for a tut site, wth is that woman for?? banner takes up half the page. for a blog 6/10 for a tut site 0/10 also why are the boxes for conentent white? it looks ugly.

JoeComins
26-07-2006, 09:32 AM
For a start, they arnt white.
The women in the banner is a popart image, made entirely on PhotoShop - Hense its reason for being there
The text in the back of the banner is to add depth to it.
The highlighted word are what the site is about.
The boxes can be easily changed, obviously, and the banner can be made smaller. If people give reasons, such as Darell, it can be changed.

I keep changingmy mind. One minute, I think Darell is a ***, then I think he is the only one that talks sence.

Oh, And that Ozzie. I do appreciate it.

So who doesnt like it?
Carl - Fair enough, Master
Ryan - Do I care what he thinks?
Oracle - The guy who wants me to copy other stes, and have nothing thats unique

Mentor
26-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Ryan, Joe has a style on here that no one else can mimic some people produce good layouts but they aren't one of a kind there are plenty like them but Joes are one of a kind.

For a blog 8/10
For a tutorial site 7/10
Its nice but not your best work
o.0 trust me mimicking is pretty easy, anyone who wants to bother could quite easily do so, as they could with pretty much any site.
Plus the reason good layouts are often the same is becuse they ARE a good design, and people like GOOD designs. If people are investing money they will go for something they have assurence will be successful and is establised as opposed to something new and experimental, hence why there are so few orignal movies these days. If it works, why fix it is the general philosophy.

My only complaint with the layout is that the banners way to big.

Slixor
26-07-2006, 12:16 PM
i think joe has gone crazy :s

Sygon.
26-07-2006, 12:42 PM
That looks more like a portfolio or blog layout, not something to do with tutorials, you want something which uses the layout and makes it look good, so what it expands it just doesn't look cool. Look at other tutorial sites and thats how you want layouts, not just your average ones JoeComins.

Im going to be brief.

Pros:

1. Complex which i like

2. I like the colours

3. Id use it as a blog

Cons:

1. Not tutorial style.

2. Background is mickms?

3. Banners massive

4. Too much text on the banner

5. The girl scares me

But you have to remember i DO like it :)

JoeComins
26-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks Sy-y Baby. Some useful points. It makes a change from half of these idiots.

I got that background from someone on DeviantArt. It sort of stole it from the background of a layout. It might have been one of that MickMS's designs

Slixor
26-07-2006, 04:26 PM
YOU RIPED!!!!! RIPPER!!

:Blob
26-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks Sy-y Baby. Some useful points. It makes a change from half of these idiots.

I got that background from someone on DeviantArt. It sort of stole it from the background of a layout. It might have been one of that MickMS's designs

Hey, Shampooey, go on msn

YOU RIPED!!!!! RIPPER!!

How did he rip?

JoeComins
26-07-2006, 04:57 PM
How? Backgrounds? You mean using background tiles that are used on thousands upon thousands of site, or that have been tiles out of peoples portfolio on DeviantArt?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!