PDA

View Full Version : Transport idea

hipls
26-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Hello, I for one thinks runescape should have more means of transport..

Aeroplanes - Yes I know we have the gnome ones, but that isn't enough, we need proper jumbo jets to take us from a to b.

Boats - atm we have these old wooden boats, why can't we just get speed boats, ferries, sailing boats etc.

Cars - well this is a must have, we need cars to travel around faster, all we have right now is carts like the one that takes you to shilo village..
I suppose player owned cars would be a big update, you would need to make roads, traffic lights, speed cameras and all that.

Space rockets - Well, I for one would love to go to space on rune, but right now this isn't possible as there is NO mean of transport to get you there!
If you like this idea, you should make it so you have to build you own rocket using a new skill and then you can go to the moon etc, but.. if you crash the rocket, or asteroids hits you it takes damage of you.

Motor bikes - These would work much better than cars as you wouldn't have to use them on the road, you will be able drive them on paths etc..
The thing is, if you run someone over by mistake you get a warning, if you get 3 warnings you go to jail and have to pay a large fee of money to be released.

Helicopters - This would be for the rich people of runescape, also you would need a level of 90 transportation (new skill used to make cars etc)
These would be slower than planes, but you will be able to land them anywhere.

Place :P
26-07-2006, 12:41 PM
:eusa_wall :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_wall :eusa_danc

DC77
26-07-2006, 12:42 PM

Aeroplanes - Yes I know we have the gnome ones, but that isn't enough, we need proper jumbo jets to take us from a to b.

Boats - atm we have these old wooden boats, why can't we just get speed boats, ferries, sailing boats etc.

Cars - well this is a must have, we need cars to travel around faster, all we have right now is carts like the one that takes you to shilo village..
I suppose player owned cars would be a big update, you would need to make roads, traffic lights, speed cameras and all that.

Space rockets - Well, I for one would love to go to space on rune, but right now this isn't possible as there is NO mean of transport to get you there!
If you like this idea, you should make it so you have to build you own rocket using a new skill and then you can go to the moon etc, but.. if you crash the rocket, or asteroids hits you it takes damage of you.

Motor bikes - These would work much better than cars as you wouldn't have to use them on the road, you will be able drive them on paths etc..
The thing is, if you run someone over by mistake you get a warning, if you get 3 warnings you go to jail and have to pay a large fee of money to be released.

Helicopters - This would be for the rich people of runescape, also you would need a level of 90 transportation (new skill used to make cars etc)

No thats just a nooby idea

hipls
26-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for that constructive post. 8l

Sly
26-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Runescape is set in Medievil times..

hipls
26-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Is it?

Sly
26-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Yes......

hipls
26-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, my idea still stands, there should be more types of modern transport.

hipls
26-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe there should be horses and stuff aswell? were they invented back then?

Edited by -legoman- (Forum Moderator) Please do not double post.

Sly
26-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Many of people have suggested that, JaGeX have gave that a 100% no.

hipls
26-07-2006, 12:59 PM
What about guns, rocket launchers and stuff?
Maybe even tanks..

Sly
26-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Guns have a 100% no

Others wasn't invented at that time.

hipls
26-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Well lets get back on the subject of modern transport in the game.

Bejebus
26-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Lol thats great love it lolu mentioned like 5 new skills can u imagine them all cramped together

Eye!
26-07-2006, 01:39 PM
lol irl

runescape has:
Teleports (a whole wackload of them)
Canoes(not very good but will suffice)
Gnome Planes(See Canoes)
Short Cuts
Feet

and it is in medevil times

not 2004 =\

Lol thats great love it lolu mentioned like 5 new skills can u imagine them all cramped together
Rofl!!
We have released a new skill
Its called transport!
You can learn to flya plane, drive a bus, or be stuk with a low paying pizza guy who rides his bicycle

Rou
26-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Runescapes medival times. You dont see tanks and people with guns now do you ? So how can you have spaceships "/

Bejebus
26-07-2006, 01:51 PM
lol irl

runescape has:
Teleports (a whole wackload of them)
Canoes(not very good but will suffice)
Gnome Planes(See Canoes)
Short Cuts
Feet

and it is in medevil times

not 2004 =\

Rofl!!
We have released a new skill
Its called transport!
You can learn to flya plane, drive a bus, or be stuk with a low paying pizza guy who rides his bicycle
lol plains will cost a handsome fee of 999999bil i have some more ideas for utime travel lolgunscamerasmovie makingcomputerscyba cafestvs portable laptops that u keep all ur quest info inrobotsand so much more2nd thought nah lol

Nixt
26-07-2006, 01:52 PM
The ideas would stand... If runescape didn't have castles, swords, bows and arrows and the like >.>

JonJon
26-07-2006, 01:52 PM
We have Gnome Gliders.... we don't need Aeroplanes....

And it doesn't take too long to go from one end of the map to the other, but if you think it does, why not teleport?

You can tele to locations a good minute away from each other.

Grimmauld
26-07-2006, 02:59 PM

Lol, you have to understand Runescape was built to be known as a ancient-ish world, hence they they got swords and arrows isntead of guns. ;)

Slixor
26-07-2006, 03:05 PM
imageine if rs was in the future and u did have gunas and stuff

Grimmauld
26-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Might aswell play Grand Theft Auto or CSS lawl. :p

Bejebus
26-07-2006, 03:11 PM
WELL THEY HAVE BASUKAS

SimplyTech
26-07-2006, 03:26 PM
there should be a new type of rock called moon that you use to make planets you can fly to in your spaceship lol

/Rossco\
26-07-2006, 03:47 PM

lmao with this :eusa_clap

lew!
26-07-2006, 06:47 PM
I can see you all got a F in your history test...

hipls
27-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the support.

omgabear
27-07-2006, 01:29 PM
No thats just a nooby idea

That gives him no help whatsoever.

Your ideas are a lil to modern, remember. Dark ages.

Diablo10
27-07-2006, 01:33 PM
well first of all rs is in the medieval times not in the 2000 so of course there not gonna put jets and spped boats on rs!

R3s8bryJ4m
27-07-2006, 01:40 PM
That woulod ruin rs.

RareWolf
27-07-2006, 01:41 PM
since when did the world have speed boats 1000's of years ago?

Relates
27-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Lol im hipls and this was probably a joke, I copied it from the official forums..

Bejebus
27-07-2006, 09:03 PM
well on tourist trap quest you mention shooting the cart driving right at the end so...

--ss--
27-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Runescpae is set in medevil england :eusa_whis

so i dont think they would ahve had cars and planes back then :p

Bejebus
27-07-2006, 09:07 PM
what about mobiles ?

--ss--
27-07-2006, 09:10 PM
what about mobiles ?

urmm the first phone made was in around early 1800 i think , the one pute into the sea ( cup and wire)

JonJon
27-07-2006, 09:51 PM
It isn't medievil times.... it's like a different world like Finaly Fantasy games. Because FF9 is supposedly medievil, just like runescape, but they have airships and speedboats.

Did they have army training centres with camouflage dress in medievil times? (drill demon?)

Did they have bazookas in medievil times? (from mournings end 1)

They didn't have cats for pets back then.... the first time they were found they were used as a sport called 'cat throwing' or something.

I can't really think of much else... but it's not supposed to be exactly medievil times. But still, the ideas are a bit abstract. And sorry for spelling medieval wrong.

-sFusion-
27-07-2006, 10:28 PM
has it occured to any of you that you all have been giving the same point but with different words?

OK, I think he understands now that Runescape is basically medieval :eusa_wall

Cigaret
27-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Don't Like It.

Time_Freeze
28-07-2006, 02:25 AM
And since when did runescape take a step into the year 1990?

Relates
28-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Lol im hipls and this was probably a joke, I copied it from the official forums..

..... :$

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!