PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Movie - World Trade Center

KBC
26-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Hmm, yeah well I saw two previews of this "film" already. I must say I am completely and utterly disgusted that somebody could write a movie based on something so terrible! It is beyond me for why they would, but it almost makes me angry. Going into it, people will get so emotional and very upset. I will go to see it to see how they make it. If they give it some "Happy Ending" crap, I will be so angry. There is no "Happy Ending" with such an event like 9/11. I don't care what other people may say, there shot NOT be a movie about something so ill-fated and disgusting. Whatever though, it's only my opinion.

-Soph-
27-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I agree, its not fair on the families and well really everyone..
And its kinda not respecting all the people who died..
Anyway, A trip to the cinema is ment to be fun, Not a real life film on how thousands died.

Alterate
27-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I agree, its not fair on the families and well really everyone..
And its kinda not respecting all the people who died..
Anyway, A trip to the cinema is ment to be fun, Not a real life film on how thousands died.

It's a true story of how certain public respond teams delt with the situation. The actors in the film are based on real people that responded to the tragic news. The family of the people portraid in the film agreed to the movie and were shown the result's before it was declared finished. The film is suppose to highlight the courage of certain people and to celebrate their lives. In my opinon it is in no way disrespecting the family's and the memorys of the people who died, I believe it's doing the opposite and showing the courage of the people that responded to the news.

lolerskates
27-07-2006, 11:22 AM
They make war films. More people die at war.

Alterate
27-07-2006, 11:39 AM
They make war films. More people die at war.

They wern't murderd by terroists in their own country with out any warning and the film's wernt done so soon after they had happened.

It's a true story of how certain public respond teams delt with the situation. The actors in the film are based on real people that responded to the tragic news. The family of the people portraid in the film agreed to the movie and were shown the result's before it was declared finished. The film is suppose to highlight the courage of certain people and to celebrate their lives. In my opinon it is in no way disrespecting the family's and the memorys of the people who died, I believe it's doing the opposite and showing the courage of the people that responded to the news.

gosling
27-07-2006, 11:41 AM
i saw trailer of this movie in media O.o is it actually coming out on 9/11?

Alterate
27-07-2006, 11:44 AM
No 9th of august.

Markness.
27-07-2006, 12:05 PM
http://www.numberonestars.com/movies/images2/world_trade_center.jpg

not many big names starring in it :s

Sarah.
28-07-2006, 12:00 AM
I think it would actually be quite an interesting film. Yeah, many people died in the attacks but on the other hand many other people risked their lives to save others and succeeded.

KBC
28-07-2006, 02:05 AM
That's true, but I still think it's going to upset a lot of people no matter what the circumstances.

JackBuddy
28-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Hmm, yeah well I saw two previews of this "film" already. I must say I am completely and utterly disgusted that somebody could write a movie based on something so terrible! It is beyond me for why they would, but it almost makes me angry. Going into it, people will get so emotional and very upset. I will go to see it to see how they make it. If they give it some "Happy Ending" crap, I will be so angry. There is no "Happy Ending" with such an event like 9/11. I don't care what other people may say, there shot NOT be a movie about something so ill-fated and disgusting. Whatever though, it's only my opinion.
But their are movies about the way. The film 'Munich' is about terroists. But I see your point though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!