PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Scott's Story/Columbine

KBC
28-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Hmm, well yeah I don't know if any of you on here have ever heard of The Columbine Massacre, but it's a true story about two boys who committed a terrible crime in their high school. They were both outcasts and were made fun of on a daily basis. Now, Rachel Scott on the other hand was a pretty, popular young woman who helped everyone in her power. She stuck up for a Mentally Disabled boy who was being teased by jerks in school. She was willing to fight them and they walked away. During this time, the boys that were teased had no communication with Rachel in history. They assembled a plan to slaughter a large percentage of the school. Rachel was outside that day with her boyfriend during lunch when she was shot by one of the boys. She was killed on the bullet's impact. The boys continued to kill more students and set off a smoke bomb in the library and cafeteria. They committed suicide that day. The funny thing is that the day before Rachel was killed she drew a strange picture (See my signature). While the police looked through her room they found two hand-drawing on her wall behind her dresser. Rachel was a senior when she was killed and these hand-drawings were from when she was 13. Rachel was just an all around good person and did NOT deserve to die. She is always remembered and she will always Rest In Peace.

This subject is being discussed in middle schools and high schools around the world, and it is a very valuable lesson. It is called "Rachel's Challenge" and if you ever hear about it, I would definitely see it, it's well worth a solid hour of your life.

Here is a picture of Rachel Scott: http://i7.tinypic.com/2194961.jpg

If you'd like to learn more about the life of Rachel Scott, please go to http://www.RachelScott.com

Thanks for reading if you did! And remember, make a difference it helps no matter what.

Virgin Mary
28-07-2006, 12:27 AM
It's what leet scripters do in real life.

RedStratocas
28-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, everyone's heard of Columbine.

I don't see what's so significant about the drawing?:s

KBC
28-07-2006, 01:10 AM
It may not be that significant, but here is my theory as to what it may mean.

Tears = Sadness

It was the day before she died that she drew this as well, but I don't really know sorry.

FlyingJesus
28-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Most 13 year-olds draw stuff with tears and roses on it, it's what's cool at that age.

At one point you say she drew them the day before she was killed, then you say it was when she was 13. As far as I'm aware seniors are older than 13, so it makes no sense. Also, the death of any of those kids is just as tragic as another, even the killers. I hate how some people are singled out in an event like this.

KBC
28-07-2006, 01:32 AM
I did say she drew something when she was 13, NOT that though. It was something they found in her room AFTER she was killed.

Billay
28-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Most 13 year-olds draw stuff with tears and roses on it, it's what's cool at that age.

At one point you say she drew them the day before she was killed, then you say it was when she was 13. As far as I'm aware seniors are older than 13, so it makes no sense. Also, the death of any of those kids is just as tragic as another, even the killers. I hate how some people are singled out in an event like this.

just said every thing i wanted to put basically.

RedStratocas
28-07-2006, 01:57 AM
Im not defending them in any way, but even the killers had a story too.

And I hate it when one person in a tragic event is singled out for some reason. Is her death worse than others or something? Or is she just special?

KBC
28-07-2006, 02:03 AM
I really don't know why it's just her that is focused on mostly. Meh, I just thought I would post an interesting subject is all, and if you hear about Columbine she is always mentioned.

RedStratocas
28-07-2006, 02:06 AM
I really don't know why it's just her that is focused on mostly. Meh, I just thought I would post an interesting subject is all, and if you hear about Columbine she is always mentioned.

Obviously, because she was shot. :rolleyes: Its like talking about sports and saying the players are mentioned.

Menshevik
28-07-2006, 04:29 PM
In a blog once I said "I wish I could jsut pulal Columbine and get rid of her like that"
School found out and called the cops on me

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!