-Paul
29-07-2006, 02:42 PM
They are illegal aint they?

clarissax
29-07-2006, 02:42 PM
not sure mate sorry.

Grimmauld
29-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I think they're just against Runescape rules.

Ashley 12344
29-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Doubt they're more illegal than trading habbo - runescape.

IGlooscap
29-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Was it not you who like yesterday, said stop making threads about Private Servers? :/

Neil
29-07-2006, 03:28 PM
They are not really illegal, JaGex don't like them because they think people use them to steal passes, which is sorta true but that is not wanted by most, on the forums you get all the stuff people that use it to steal passes get banned, the sources can't really be illegal as the name "RuneScape" is copyrighted not the RuneScape source, same is with things like World of Warcraft and Habbo but I don't think they mind private servers as no players gain any advantages, it's mainly because of real game user protection

Grimmauld
29-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Was it not you who like yesterday, said stop making threads about Private Servers? :/
He made a thread that said not to make guides about private servers, which is now stickied.

micky.blue.eyes
29-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I think they are illegal, because basically the people providing the private servers are providing member items you normally have to pay for, so it's the same as downloading music without paying for it. ;)

Neil
29-07-2006, 04:02 PM
I think they are illegal, because basically the people providing the private servers are providing member items you normally have to pay for, so it's the same as downloading music without paying for it. ;)
JaGex don't care much for that, you can't use any of it on real RS and it's pretty useless, as far as they are concered it's a password thing, and people can get scammed easy, but buying private server items of ebay but it's there own fault

-Paul
29-07-2006, 04:06 PM

Well done :eusa_danc

The reason im making this thread is to make sure i have not made a mistake.

Thanks for your helpful replys everyone +Rep for you all.

micky.blue.eyes
29-07-2006, 04:13 PM
JaGex don't care much for that, you can't use any of it on real RS and it's pretty useless, as far as they are concered it's a password thing, and people can get scammed easy, but buying private server items of ebay but it's there own fault
I do think Jagex cares, I've heard people have quit playing rs because you can get everything much faster on private servers.
Wouldn't you care if somebody offers the same thing, but easier playable as the game you provide?
I also think private servers are breaking copyrights, but I can't confirm that.

Time_Freeze
29-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Bark personaly, I was playing runescape for the joy, fun and the STUFF. So I got hacked died lost way to much ended my membie and looked up on these. It's the same thing as runescape basicly altough its free.

Micky probaly braught up a good point altough. But creating a similar game - dont see whats exactly wrong. Why would you care you already make millions of dollars, its not cheating on the main game Jagex created. Its boosting ones fun meter?

Anyways I'm just going to keep enjoying myself on them..

Jord
29-07-2006, 04:51 PM
They are illegal, just like making a v1 server for habbo - you can get banned.

-Paul
29-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Okay, thanks everyone.

Thread closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!