PDA

View Full Version : Want 15 Rep?

Craig
31-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Well I need some help to decide on which to get. I am currently looking to purchase a 30GIG music player that can support videos aswell. I have chosen 2 which i shall use but now I need YOUR help to decide which one to get. The prices are both £190 and that is fine, both have multimedia being video playback and picture storage aswell as the usual music storage. No I am not requesting which one to get based on your opinions but based on the facts that are presented of which would be a better, more suitable and more efficient music player. So about the 15 rep, all you do is tell me which one to get out of the 2 and back it up with facts, by this I don't want 'cos dis 1 iz more prettier' I want facts on which will last longer or which will be better in the long run and has the best quality, and which one is less likely to be damaged or break. Also support given by the manufacturers would be helpful, like how much they give etc, thanks. Note - You don't have to own one but maybe if your friends have had one or if you know of some stuff that could be helpful based on the specifications etc,the 15 rep will be yours;)
Anyway;
Choice 1; iPod 30Gig
http://i7.tinypic.com/21kbk1e.jpg

Choice 2; Creative Zen 30Gig
http://i7.tinypic.com/21kbkat.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you;) Thanks in advance.

sarey
31-07-2006, 01:35 PM
2!!!!!!!
Reasons:
1. It has output to a tv via optional av cable
2. 1 year limited hardware warranty
3. 30GB hard disk sores up to 15,00 songs ;o bloomin heck
and 4. I love the style of it :D
My reasons are crap, but meh :D

Victimized
31-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Well i would go with the Zen because quite a few of my friends have experienced difficulties with their video Ipod's and have had to send them back and get replacements and also everyone has an Ipod so i think you should go for the Zen because they are different to what everyone else has.
And it holds more songs, 15,000!

[Chris]
31-07-2006, 01:36 PM
well the ipod has a colur screen , good video quality

games
easy to navigate

i have an ipod and its great but its up to you what one you think looks the best and performs the best

and from the pics ipod has more features

Insanity
31-07-2006, 01:38 PM
2!!!!!!!
Reasons:
1. It has output to a tv via optional av cable
2. 1 year limited hardware warranty
3. 30GB hard disk sores up to 15,00 songs ;o bloomin heck
and 4. I love the style of it :D
My reasons are crap, but meh :D

Ditto, you said something that made sense, and you always say your dumb =[ :D <3<3<3

sarey
31-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Lmao insanity :(
But its true, i think you should go with Zen one, for the reasons i said above :)

Charlie
31-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I'd go for the Zen, as ipods aren't as good. The Zen also holds more songs then the ipod, which would be better. And some people have had problems with ipods & zens are less popular, which just makes them a whole lot better.

FlyingJesus
31-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Go for the Zen, iPods mess up too easily. They pretty much manufacture the batteries to fail so you have to buy new ones, or it seems that way. I've never had a problem with any Zen equipment that I can think of. It also seems to hold more songs on the same amount of space, not sure how it does that but the more the merrier I suppose.

PWF
31-07-2006, 01:54 PM
2. because!
a.with ipods you need to download itunes and convert all your songs but with zens you dont and it can be a pain trust me
b. Apple's service is a load of ****! i have bought things from them in the past and it took me over a year to get it replaced!

but theres only 2 i can give u loads more if u wish

Lunkage.
31-07-2006, 02:01 PM
the iPod breaks really easily and has no warranty however the other one has a years warranty, i'd go for that 1.

(please rep on my main account when unbanned pls)

[Chris]
31-07-2006, 02:02 PM
2. because!
a.with ipods you need to download itunes and convert all your songs but with zens you dont and it can be a pain trust me
b. Apple's service is a load of ****! i have bought things from them in the past and it took me over a year to get it replaced!

but theres only 2 i can give u loads more if u wish

a - actully you get itunes with the ipod and you can put any music format on (that i have tried)

b - actully your wrong - you can take it to an apple shop and get whatever done in 10 mins or you can go on the apple site and it tells you the problems and how to solve them ...

i luv rosie
31-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I'd choose the video ipod.
but it shows lots of scratches.
But that zen thing just doesn't apeal to me. ;l

JackBuddy
31-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Zens are very reliabe, I've had my micro for over a year now, and there' been nothing wrong with it!
BUT what I find annoying, is that all my songs are in iTunes and I'm having difficulty putting them on my Zen :(

brandon
31-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Zens are cheaper and more efficiant, although I still can't get my head around there navigation.

Diablo10
31-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I think you should pick the zen cause you can put more than 15 00 songs. And with the ipod it has the same space but it holds less songs. I had an ipod untill it droped on the floor 10 cm from the ground and broke! I advise you to get the zen wich my friende has used and has droped it many times. The zen is definetly the way to go. The good thing about the ipod tho is that its good image quality, you can play songs from every tipe, and you can play games that are easy to manipulate once again i advisre you to go with the zen!
Thank you

brandon
31-07-2006, 02:11 PM
To the person who menitoned Itunes it's still alot easier then installing 3/4 Creative programs (eg. Creative Media Player and all that)

i luv rosie
31-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I think you should pick the zen cause you can put more than 15 00 songs. And with the ipod it has the same space but it holds less songs. I had an ipod untill it droped on the floor 10 cm from the ground and broke! I advise you to get the zen wich my friende has used and has droped it many times. The zen is definetly the way to go. The good thing about the ipod tho is that its good image quality, you can play songs from every tipe, and you can play games that are easy to manipulate once again i advisre you to go with the zen!
Thank you
it stores videos too, which take up more space.

IDK
31-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I have number one, and it's pretty amazing.

Condas
31-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Zen

- looks styleish
- graphics look nice
- good music

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 02:24 PM
first of all 15 00 songs big deal, my 40 gig ipod can hold 10000 songs, a 30 gig should be able to hold 7500, my ipod is a 3G which is 3-4 years old never broke on me once, the zen have alot of programs with them alot of usless, and itunes, is global now anyway, its better for music etc, i am saying number1

edit : condos how the hell can a zen have music music its the band that makes the good music if you mean quality, then say quality

brandon
31-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Zen

- looks styleish
- graphics look nice
- good music
Any mp3 player has good music if you put good music on there :s.

Also who actually has 15,000 songs which they can put on there mp3 player? :s 30gb is no use for me unless it's used for mp4's.

PWF
31-07-2006, 02:29 PM
a - actully you get itunes with the ipod and you can put any music format on (that i have tried)

b - actully your wrong - you can take it to an apple shop and get whatever done in 10 mins or you can go on the apple site and it tells you the problems and how to solve them ...#

a - i know u get the disc with it! put u still need to convert it its just built in

b - if hes like me and the nearest place that apple will pay to get it repaird at it is 1 hour away then he should also the infomation doesnt always help thats why apple sends u a box to send it back and they will fix it!

velvet
31-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I have number two, and I deffinatly recomend it.
I've had two ipods, and after a year, as said above, the batterys died, and on my first ipod (19th Generation one) the memory errored. I went to buy a new battery, which cost nearly as much as the ipod. :l
So yeah, i've never had a problem with my Zen, but as someo mensioned, the navagation takes a while to get used to.

Troubling
31-07-2006, 02:37 PM
i pod 30gig ive got the 60 gig best mp3 ive ever had ive got bout 30 films and 25 episodes of the simpsons its super easy to use and i can also help you with dvd rippign software and places to download ;) stuff from

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 02:38 PM
lol 19th gen! theres only 6 gen

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 02:46 PM
well the ipod has a colur screen , good video quality

games
easy to navigate

i have an ipod and its great but its up to you what one you think looks the best and performs the best

and from the pics ipod has more features
Well duh, so does the Creative Zen Vision M, how else would it play Video :rolleyes:

The iPod is ugly, it has an ugly circle in the middle of it, it shouldn't exist and doesn't perform the best "/

Get the Creative Zen Vision M! I have one, way better than the iPod which shouldn't exist anyway! Better Video Quality, doesn't need anything converted into some crapy Apple format!

Any mp3 player has good music if you put good music on there :s.

Also who actually has 15,000 songs which they can put on there mp3 player? :s 30gb is no use for me unless it's used for mp4's.
You don't have to put 15,000 songs on, some of those songs could be videos...

Troubling
31-07-2006, 02:47 PM
also the ipod looks better and is more world renowned when you wack it out everyones like woooow is that an ipod video

i luv ross
31-07-2006, 02:49 PM
get the iPod, they're easy to navigate. =)

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 02:49 PM
also the ipod looks better and is more world renowned when you wack it out everyones like woooow is that an ipod video

lol true, creative zens play less file types aswell, a AAC file for a ipod which can be converted from mpg, mp3, mpeg any type of video/music file, i have a 99 MB mp3 file i converted it down to AAC it took it down 30 MB

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Isn't that a downside? They're common "/ And when I whip out my Creative Zen Vision: M they're like "Wow, play movies and show me photos on it!" Plus as I have stated, Apple iPod shouldn't exist "/ And they are ugly....

Craig
31-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I have read through all the options so far and unfortunately;

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

But you will all get your rep for help,be it tonight or tomorrow;) Thanks for help and any other help is appreciated. I.e - How do you charge the Creative Zen, and how long is playback roughly?

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I have read through all the options so far and unfortunately;

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

But you will all get your rep for help,be it tonight or tomorrow;) Thanks for help and any other help is appreciated. I.e - How do you charge the Creative Zen, and how long is playback roughly?
The Creative Zen I have uses a strange adapter thingy that you put the power cable in, the TV out and the USB in. When you buy the Zen Vision M you get an adapter so you can charge it in other countries, which is useful.

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 02:53 PM
if i am correct your cant charge the creative zen via computer, dont take me to this though, plus the creative zen is only a usb 2.0 port enabled, which is slower then the firewire connection apple ipods are able to use which is alot quicker then usb 2.0

Kasabian
31-07-2006, 02:55 PM
I'd go with the iPod.
I've had a play with one of them Creative Zens, and it's a really sensitive click. You put your finger on one button and it's changed.
I really dislike both, but it's up to you.

ross
31-07-2006, 03:10 PM
w/e you like. LOL <3

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:16 PM
if i am correct your cant charge the creative zen via computer, dont take me to this though, plus the creative zen is only a usb 2.0 port enabled, which is slower then the firewire connection apple ipods are able to use which is alot quicker then usb 2.0
You can, via the USB. And it isn't just for USB 2.0, you can have it attached to the old USB, it just takes longer to upload music.

I'd go with the iPod.
I've had a play with one of them Creative Zens, and it's a really sensitive click. You put your finger on one button and it's changed.
I really dislike both, but it's up to you.
You can change the sensitivity. Plus the Creative Zen Vision: M only has one sensitive area which is for the volume and flipping through the menu, the rest are all buttons.

--ss--
31-07-2006, 03:20 PM
the ipod would be my personal choice as i like the style etc and its the most populest atm but if you like being unique id choose the secound one as the desighn is very unqiue and differnt , id say choose the one that best suite you and your need

Billay
31-07-2006, 03:21 PM
I wuld go with choice 1. its more mainstream and a lot of people have it. I've heard some stories of if it breaks the service is easy and they give you a new one. if its under warranty. its also ironic that im on an Apple store computer typing this.

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I wuld go with choice 1. its more mainstream and a lot of people have it. I've heard some stories of if it breaks the service is easy and they give you a new one. if its under warranty. its also ironic that im on an Apple store computer typing this.
Apple store as in the shop? They have internet?! And Apple always give free replacements, iPods are known to break easily...

JonJon
31-07-2006, 03:23 PM
The Ipod is more.... portable.

But then again they break easier.

I think I'd go with the Zen because it's more durable, just buy trousers with big pockets.

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 03:24 PM
shut up! mines never broke mines got dents in it mines even before the mini :@

Kukuthebird
31-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I'd choose the zen.

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:26 PM
My friends iPod Nano hs something wrong with the sound, it comes out too loud in the right ear and distorts.

My brothers girlfriends iPod locked and could never be played with again. It just sat there, always on.

The only good iPod is the mini "/ But Apple stopped them and anything after them were crap. Although my brothers girlfriend's iPod was a mini, which was also engraved. Plus, as said, there is a reason to why they give free replacements "/

And the iPod should never of existed but Apple were using power to win the rights to make a music side to the Apple Company, even though they said they would never and now there is a nice argument with 2 Apple companies fighting about it.

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 03:29 PM
gommeinc your ****ing me off now :@

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:30 PM
And why? I think someones angry... :rolleyes: Is it because I won that argument? The iPod is ok, but not the best. I find the Creative Zen better than the iPod, at least it is ment to exist "/

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 03:33 PM
no just because you think you know everything, the fact was the mini wasnt surpose to even come out apple said it was the deisng base for the 3G my ipod they decided to bring it out for reason which i cant remember also the 3 G ipod my one has been used daiuly since i got in 4 years ago it has a dented harddrive aswell i hhave never need to change the battery or anything, the fact is your making up BS saying they break often etc if you look at how the ones that are broken are treated they have been droped etc on numerous ammounts

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:35 PM
no just because you think you know everything, the fact was the mini wasnt surpose to even come out apple said it was the deisng base for the 3G my ipod they decided to bring it out for reason which i cant remember also the 3 G ipod my one has been used daiuly since i got in 4 years ago it has a dented harddrive aswell i hhave never need to change the battery or anything, the fact is your making up BS saying they break often etc if you look at how the ones that are broken are treated they have been droped etc on numerous ammounts
How can I be making it up when I have seen these broken iPods :rolleyes: My brothers girlfriends iPod was brand new you tardis! It just stopped working! Jeez, and you say I make up things :rolleyes: My friends Nano hasn't even been dropped, he keeps it in the case it comes with "/

Plus how can I be making up aload of BS about the 2 Apple Companies?! Go check BBC.co.uk or any other news website "/ Idiot

Plus, I have 2 Creative MP3 Products and have played with iPods in the past, sound and quality is best with the Creative Zens. Games and strange features is good for the iPod.

DaveTaylor
31-07-2006, 03:38 PM
fact is i aint makin up BS alot of the stuff in my house is from apple as my dad loves the company to much and i mean way to much, he keeps track of all the news from apple etc, so don't even think of trying that wtih me

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:42 PM
fact is i aint makin up BS alot of the stuff in my house is from apple as my dad loves the company to much and i mean way to much, he keeps track of all the news from apple etc, so don't even think of trying that wtih me
I am confused, so your dad has records of my friends and my brothers girlfriend? You made up BS about their iPods not being broken "/ Plus, it is true that the iPod shouldn't exist. Here is the low down:

There is a music company called Apple, which existed before Apple Mac. This company was a record company for the band called "The Beatles." When Apple Mac came about, they asked for the name "Apple," and they were given it, as long as they don't do ANYTHING with music. But did the big headed Apple Company listen? Not really no. They made the Apple iPod, which is something to do with music. And ever since, there has been legal battles between the 2 companies, and I back up the company that is right and not wrong, one reason why I hate iPods is because the company behind them used their 'power' because they are a huge company to see over run the samller Apple company so they can have music.

Kukuthebird
31-07-2006, 03:43 PM
My friends iPod Nano hs something wrong with the sound, it comes out too loud in the right ear and distorts.

My brothers girlfriends iPod locked and could never be played with again. It just sat there, always on.

The only good iPod is the mini "/ But Apple stopped them and anything after them were crap. Although my brothers girlfriend's iPod was a mini, which was also engraved. Plus, as said, there is a reason to why they give free replacements "/

And the iPod should never of existed but Apple were using power to win the rights to make a music side to the Apple Company, even though they said they would never and now there is a nice argument with 2 Apple companies fighting about it.

i agree. they always usually brake.

it's like they wont it to break so you want to replace it and they get money.

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 03:47 PM
i agree. they always usually brake.

it's like they wont it to break so you want to replace it and they get money.
The funny thing is though, they don't get money. They replace them for free. Which must mean the iPod is extremely cheap to buiild (which is probably why they break anyway) or Apple are stupid enough to not care or don't mind wasting money.

PWF
31-07-2006, 04:03 PM
YES BECAUSE HES RIGHT!:p

i had my ipod mini for about 6 months then it stopped working rang up apple they sent me a box sent it off came back still broke! i needed to send mine off 9 times! and had loads of phone calls! then they must of used there brains (scarey really) and sent me a new one it took me 4 months to sell my mini and i had loads of adds up for £90 then £50 and no one would buy it (wonder why?) then i sold it to my mum:p

doesnt apple have that logo because the dude poinsed it and ate it cos he realised what he had made? wish all of apple would do it

DMB-Hosting
31-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Get the zend i persioally thi ipods are over rated

Rui
31-07-2006, 04:05 PM
YES BECAUSE HES RIGHT!:p

i had my ipod mini for about 6 months then it stopped working rang up apple they sent me a box sent it off came back still broke! i needed to send mine off 9 times! and had loads of phone calls! then they must of used there brains (scarey really) and sent me a new one it took me 4 months to sell my mini and i had loads of adds up for £90 then £50 and no one would buy it (wonder why?) then i sold it to my mum:p

doesnt apple have that logo because the dude poinsed it and ate it cos he realised what he had made? wish all of apple would do it

i have a player I bought in HK market for £10 it is good! 512 mebyes and it has my music by jusing timberlake

RedStratocas
31-07-2006, 04:45 PM

Ipods dont look better:rolleyes: . Ive had people staring at my Zen Micro when I start switching songs. Creative makes some of the slickest looking players

And dont take into account how much space they have, they both fit all the songs you'll ever listen to:rolleyes:

My brother has an ipod video, it has tons of problems. And no one say "then look up directions to fix it"-- the point is that it isnt supposed to be broken in the first place

For the record Gomme is right, the iPod technically never should have existed.

Y!
31-07-2006, 04:50 PM
iPod, my mate's Zen broke he got a replacement and it broke again so he never got it again!

Craig
31-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Ipods dont look better:rolleyes: . Ive had people staring at my Zen Micro when I start switching songs. Creative makes some of the slickest looking players

And dont take into account how much space they have, they both fit all the songs you'll ever listen to:rolleyes:

My brother has an ipod video, it has tons of problems. And no one say "then look up directions to fix it"-- the point is that it isnt supposed to be broken in the first place

For the record Gomme is right, the iPod technically never should have existed.

So I'm geussing your saying I should get the Creative Zen? Any good things about them seeing as you have a Creative? :]

JonJon
31-07-2006, 04:53 PM
So I'm geussing your saying I should get the Creative Zen? Any good things about them seeing as you have a Creative? :]

Craig, just get the Zen. :)

RedStratocas
31-07-2006, 04:59 PM

It isnt the same type of Zen, but I love it. Im not sure if you can do this with the ipod, but you can make your own playlist right on the player, no need to do it with mediasource. Mine has radio, which you can record. Very scratch-resistant. Ive had it for a year with no case, it still looks brand new.

IDK
31-07-2006, 05:18 PM
It isnt the same type of Zen, but I love it. Im not sure if you can do this with the ipod, but you can make your own playlist right on the player, no need to do it with mediasource. Mine has radio, which you can record. Very scratch-resistant. Ive had it for a year with no case, it still looks brand new.
You can do that on the iPod too :]

RedStratocas
31-07-2006, 05:37 PM
You can do that on the iPod too :]

Wasent aware. Still, Zens are better:P

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Indeed. The Creative Zen Vision M which I think Craig was thinking about is good and I had the Zen which looked like the mini, which was called Zen, nothing else.

With my Vision M you can also record TV straight onto it apparently, although I have yet to try doing that...

Kukuthebird
31-07-2006, 06:07 PM
The funny thing is though, they don't get money. They replace them for free. Which must mean the iPod is extremely cheap to buiild (which is probably why they break anyway) or Apple are stupid enough to not care or don't mind wasting money.

lol never knew that x]

thanks.

Menshevik
31-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Get the iPod because they have a steel frame.
They're easy to use, Zens are harder and I don't even know how to work them.
iPod are a more trusted brand, who invented the Zen anyways?!
iPod were around first, so they would be the most developed software.
I have an iPod and I love it.

PWF
31-07-2006, 06:54 PM

a steel frame woo thats good! u get all finger prints over the back then!:P
Zens are more user friendly!
erm no ipods always break everyone i know who owns a ipod has had a problem with it
Zen had the idea of a click wheel or touch pad i think it well the thing u use to pick songs and stuff zen thought of that and apple stole
and zens were around first if u look and has more MP3 players out

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Steel frame? Wow how great that will be for the player! Imagine the sounds quality because it has a steal frame!
Zens aren't really that hard to use "/ Depends how slow you are to learn things.
They're for more sexier than an iPod.
iPods break easy, and apparently if you sit on a Nano it snaps...
Creative Labs created the Zen ;)
And if Apple stole it, that's two major things I dislike about them "/

Diablo10
31-07-2006, 08:47 PM
i droped my ipod 10 centimetres from the ground it broke! My friende has a zen and it dropped even hiher it dident brake

Callum.
31-07-2006, 08:51 PM
It's not what we like Craig, its what you like ;).

PWF
31-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Steel frame? Wow how great that will be for the player! Imagine the sounds quality because it has a steal frame!
Zens aren't really that hard to use "/ Depends how slow you are to learn things.
They're for more sexier than an iPod.
iPods break easy, and apparently if you sit on a Nano it snaps...
Creative Labs created the Zen ;)
And if Apple stole it, that's two major things I dislike about them "/
ye search it on bbc.co.uk

Craig
31-07-2006, 09:01 PM
It's not what we like Craig, its what you like ;).
Calum,had you read my whole first post you would have noticed the;

No I am not requesting which one to get based on your opinions but based on the facts that are presented of which would be a better, more suitable and more efficient music player
which I said in the first post,I wanted to know what the players are like from a first hand experience,not from what other people would like;)

IDK
31-07-2006, 09:02 PM
iPod Mini's are pretty good and robust, I dropped it plenty of times out of my pocket and it was fine.. until it went through the washing machine.

GommeInc
31-07-2006, 09:05 PM
ye search it on bbc.co.uk
Never knew iPod stole Creative patent technology :o More reason to dislike them!

PWF
31-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Never knew iPod stole Creative patent technology :o More reason to dislike them!
lol i saw a book on amazon i think
100 bad things about apple

edible
31-07-2006, 09:21 PM
QUICK GET N0.2

i luv ross
31-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I read about that, they cost like £50 ish to make each and they sell them for like £100+. ;| Someone's making easy money.

Billay
31-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Apple store as in the shop? They have internet?! And Apple always give free replacements, iPods are known to break easily...

i can't tell if your serious or sarcastic but yes they have internet in them and if your iPod is under warranty they will replace it.

BL!NKEY
01-08-2006, 01:40 AM
I would go with an iPod.

Ive had an iPod for 4 years and it still works fine.

Never had a problem except some of the metal comming off from the white front but It just pops back into place and is no big deal.

But I wouldnt get the iPod video yet.

If you can waite a little bit, I think soon Apple will come out with a true video iPod which will have a touch screen and a bigger display that takes up the whole front.

My friends have that video iPod that you were looking at and havent had problems.

If you are worried about scratches then get a case and you will be fine.

But if you can waite I would. This model iPod has been out for a long time and most of the rumor sites are hinting at a true video iPod in the near future.

Yeah the apple stores are the best. I was at one last week in new york

They have comuters and ipods spread out through the whole store just to try.

They have a help center with like 20 booths and people waite in line to get advice on like tricks to make slide shows or any questions you have.

Here are some pictures of the store its great

http://www.dexigner.com/images/content/news/8288.jpg
http://images.appleinsider.com/retail-fifth-ave-pr2.jpg

RedStratocas
01-08-2006, 01:54 AM
I read about that, they cost like £50 ish to make each and they sell them for like £100+. ;| Someone's making easy money.

I wouldnt be suprised if they cost less than that

Coke actually costs 4 cents in total. The most expencive thing in coke is the ink on the lable. Same with CD's

GommeInc
01-08-2006, 09:32 AM
i can't tell if your serious or sarcastic but yes they have internet in them and if your iPod is under warranty they will replace it.
Serious. Never known them to put internet on Macs/Computers in store. I always thought they were trying to sell the computer, not the internet.

And at BL!NKEY. Some iPods can last ages, but loads don't. You are lucky if you have had it work that long! I think Creatve Labs has a Video Player already out that does all that, called the Creative Zen Vision. It has a huge screen but might be hard to card around. So the Creative Zen Vision: M is probably more pratical.

I think iPods are mainly big lumps of plastic nowadays, the Nano has a lump of plastic on the back that has been sprayed metalic. No wonder why it apparently snaps easily...

dark-as-death
01-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Zen, ipods can cause major problems and can break easily also Zen looks better @D

Craig
06-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Well I need some help to decide on which to get. I am currently looking to purchase a 30GIG music player that can support videos aswell. I have chosen 2 which i shall use but now I need YOUR help to decide which one to get. The prices are both £190 and that is fine, both have multimedia being video playback and picture storage aswell as the usual music storage. No I am not requesting which one to get based on your opinions but based on the facts that are presented of which would be a better, more suitable and more efficient music player. So about the 15 rep, all you do is tell me which one to get out of the 2 and back it up with facts, by this I don't want 'cos dis 1 iz more prettier' I want facts on which will last longer or which will be better in the long run and has the best quality, and which one is less likely to be damaged or break. Also support given by the manufacturers would be helpful, like how much they give etc, thanks. Note - You don't have to own one but maybe if your friends have had one or if you know of some stuff that could be helpful based on the specifications etc,the 15 rep will be yours;)
Anyway;
Choice 1; iPod 30Gig
http://i7.tinypic.com/21kbk1e.jpg

Choice 2; Creative Zen 30Gig
http://i7.tinypic.com/21kbkat.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you;) Thanks in advance.

I quoted this again cos I wanna see your information on each player. I don't want opinions on the companys but facts of each player, not other players like the nano etc;) All advice from here on which is helpful will get 15 rep.

GommeInc
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Isn't it going to be hard to get personal facts for each player when they should all be on the box?

jordybumz!
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
iPod Video

- you can search any video here (video.google.com) and download it in .mp4 which can be uploaded straight to the iPod.

- comes with a free protective case.

WHANGFACE
06-08-2006, 02:34 PM
iPods defo look better imo, but the Zen is better in other ways so, I'd go for the Zen.

omgabear
06-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Im gonna have to go with the IPod. Apple is a bigger company.

That means more offers, better upgrades for it, more interactivity around. Example would be ITunes.

It takes interactive pics, not just .Jpegs things like .PNG and .GIF files.

Id say go with the IPod, or atleast wait for a newer version to come out.

edible
06-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Zen is better.
I have a zen one, and i love it.

Sarah.
06-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I'd go for the ipod. My friend has had an ipod video for 7 months and has had no problems with it. The ipod is really easy to use, easier than the zen. I've had no problems with my ipods and you get a one year warranty with it, and you also have the option to take out applecare for extra money.

RedStratocas
07-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Im gonna have to go with the IPod. Apple is a bigger company.

That means more offers, better upgrades for it, more interactivity around. Example would be ITunes.

It takes interactive pics, not just .Jpegs things like .PNG and .GIF files.

Id say go with the IPod, or atleast wait for a newer version to come out.

A bigger company, but not for music. Creative has 5 times, maybe more, as many players as apple does. Id say they know them AT LEAST just as well.

Desjardens
07-08-2006, 03:24 AM
I just bought an iPod Video U2 Edition. Highly Rec

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!