PDA

View Full Version : What to do when your boy/girlfriend is clingy?

Rusty_x
01-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey, my boyfriend is reallllllllly clingy and he says every five minutes that he misses me and that he will commit suicide if I don't see him, he makes poems about me and sends me random songs saying that this song is from him to me and it kinda freaks me out.
And, I like him and everything but recently I' ve kinda gone off him and being with him is starting arguments which are straining my friendships.
But I don't wanna break up with him in case he does something stupid...
But I don't really want us to be together anymore.

Can anyone help me find out what I should do?

Rusty x

Drooped
01-08-2006, 02:15 PM
If he's threatening suicide... i'd begin to worry.
Speak with your parents and tell them your uncomfortable, explain he's threatening you with suicide and see if they can speak with him or his parents. But, it's obvious you don't wanna remain in the relationship.

That's all i can think of, i know speaking to your parents might be hard but i dread to think his reaction if you break it off?

Ostinato
01-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey, my boyfriend is reallllllllly clingy and he says every five minutes that he misses me and that he will commit suicide if I don't see him, he makes poems about me and sends me random songs saying that this song is from him to me and it kinda freaks me out.
And, I like him and everything but recently I' ve kinda gone off him and being with him is starting arguments which are straining my friendships.
But I don't wanna break up with him in case he does something stupid...
But I don't really want us to be together anymore.

Can anyone help me find out what I should do?

Rusty x

You need to sit down with him and just have a chat with him. Explain your just needing some space at the moment and that you think you and him should take a break from your relationship but you still wan't to be good friends and tell him it may work again soon but your just needing some space to clear things in your own head.

If he starts saying he is going to commit suicide etc. it's emotional blackmail, and you need to explain to him you arn't responsible for your actions and that you don't want him to do anything stupid.

If he is feeling suicidal etc. you could refer him to Childline (http://www.childline.org.uk/) for some help.

Condas
01-08-2006, 02:24 PM
with some nice cup of tea x]

FlyingJesus
01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
If I were you I'd take him for everything he's got - get him to buy you stuff ^_^

Uwe
01-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Jes. Dump him. we all hate Nathan anyway [:

Rusty_x
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Ostinato your advice really helped me!
I remembered everything you said and told him over MSN (because he lives far away) I'm waiting for the answer right now... What you said made it so much easier to speak to him! Really you're good at this!
Done it before? lol
Great? all he had to answer was"..." that was ruddy helpful!
Anyway thank you very much -hugs-

Rusty x

Lindzi
01-08-2006, 05:15 PM
If I were you I'd take him for everything he's got - get him to buy you stuff ^_^
Lol now theres an idea! :P

Ostinato
01-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Ostinato your advice really helped me!
I remembered everything you said and told him over MSN (because he lives far away) I'm waiting for the answer right now... What you said made it so much easier to speak to him! Really you're good at this!
Done it before? lol
Great? all he had to answer was"..." that was ruddy helpful!
Anyway thank you very much -hugs-

Rusty x

Lol, I'm glad! :]

That's what I'm here for lol. I just use my own personal opinion, mixed with experience from life to try and help other's on here and give them advice to their problems. Out of my big group of friend's I always seem to be the one they come to with their problems, hehe. :]

Anyway, I'm glad it helped and I hope it'll all work out well!

Rusty_x
02-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Right now he's just being nasty (almost said something else relating to a female dog there)
He is moaning and complaing shouting at me! I don't really care!
I'm ignoring him, but he's saying that he dreamt about me last night! :S

Rusty x

Ostinato
02-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Right now he's just being nasty (almost said something else relating to a female dog there)
He is moaning and complaing shouting at me! I don't really care!
I'm ignoring him, but he's saying that he dreamt about me last night! :S

Rusty x

He's just trying to get you back, and because you've ended the relationship with him he's annoyed and angry so trying to make it out as if your a bad person for it, but at the end of the day you can't be in a relationship you don't want to be.

Explain to him again you are still good friends and you don't want to lose his friendship, but for now that's all you want to be, and if he's going to carry on being nasty to you and making you feel bad - you doubt you will even have that.

Bef
02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
That is well freaky, i hate clingy guys. I have big commitment issues. He shouldn't be saying these things to you and putting you in such arkward positions. He's got some problems, he needs help.

Azul
02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I've had previous relelationships where after a week or so, they tell me that they love me. There and then I dump them.

Can't stand clingy releationships as i'm not looking for a serious releationship, YET. My gf at the minute is great, she respects me and gives me my much needed space.

clarissax
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I've had previous relelationships where after a week or so, they tell me that they love me. There and then I dump them.

Can't stand clingy releationships as i'm not looking for a serious releationship, YET. My gf at the minute is great, she respects me and gives me my much needed space.
just for *** then ye?

Ostinato (Forum Moderator) - Please don't avoid the filter.

Azul
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
and the company of a female.

Bef
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM

Same same, the minute commitment comes into the equation i run a mile.

Nia12
02-08-2006, 01:39 PM
It was sorta sweet until u got to the suicide bit, thats just freaky, try talking to him, tell him how you feel and that he's starting to scare you away, i'm sure if he loves you that much he will stop. :D XXX

Rusty_x
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
I read through all this thread and took all your advice and now we are on speaking terms.
We have conversations until he brings in the fact that he says I'm miserbale when I'm not and says how much he misses me again!
That wear off in time ;)
Thanks yall. Especially Ostinato Love ya <<<<<3

Rusty x

Ostinato
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I read through all this thread and took all your advice and now we are on speaking terms.
We have conversations until he brings in the fact that he says I'm miserbale when I'm not and says how much he misses me again!
That wear off in time ;)
Thanks yall. Especially Ostinato Love ya <<<<<3

Rusty x

I'm glad things are looking up, and thanks a lot hehe.

Now that your problems just about sorted, would you like the thread locked? :]

omgabear
03-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Break up with him!

The ending could only be more humerous :P

Playgirl
06-08-2006, 01:29 AM
I never realised Nathan was such a freaky stalker. :P

GJay
22-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm clingy but karl copes somehow lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!